What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

What do you think of this aux light setup? I could bring them in narrower and/or up or down a little. 

20180517_163411.jpg

So Patonme is correct. That’s not going to work. Look at the forks and realize the front fender tire will travel as high as the exposed silver fork piston has room to travel. As a guy with a cracked front fender from not taking that clearance into account, your setup is definitely not going to work.

Aha missed that obvious one. I'll try with the bar up high bring the lights in and hang them off the bottom of the bar next. Just playing around with a lightbar a guy had on a Vstrom.

• Supporting Member
New shock arrived from Cogent Dynamics today, install was quick. Took it for a quick ride and very happy with the results.  
IMG_20180517_173737.jpg

IMG_20180517_192823.jpg

IMG_20180517_195954.jpg

So, is the red dial at the top for rebound adjustment?  If so, how is it accessed when the shock is mounted?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Here's my take on a pair of crossbar-mounted front LEDs, IMHO possibly a little more elegant than the OP's effort, but some will undoubtedly YMMV!

P1040349.jpgP1040370.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

What do you think of this aux light setup? I could bring them in narrower and/or up or down a little. 

As others have mentioned I'm afraid it appears to have been hit with the ugly stick. Also apart from fact that the first bump in the road will have something broken, the lights are pointing skywards as they're set at the same angle as the forks. The only thing that will be illuminated will be the tops of the trees. 
Sorry  P-)

CS

New shock arrived from Cogent Dynamics today, install was quick. Took it for a quick ride and very happy with the results.  

IMG_20180517_192823.jpg

So, is the red dial at the top for rebound adjustment?  If so, how is it accessed when the shock is mounted?
I'm just guessing here, but typically compression is at the top (red knob) and rebound is at the bottom on shocks. (backwards from forks btw). Looks like there's a rebound adjuster on the base of the shock body. Again, just guessing... And you gotta stick your paw up into the abyss to adjust compression :)

'15 FJ09

red is rebound. there is no adjuster at the clevis end. as to adjustment, maybe it's accessible from above, otherwise long fingers are involved I guess.
The king has spoken and I stand corrected.

'15 FJ09

You should use separated pipe clamp on each fork and point it out so it clear the fender.Something like that but bigger
https://m.grainger.com/mobile/product/CADDY-Cushioned-Pipe-Clamp-1RVC3

OK here is the next iteration. Thinking about ditching the bar altogether and mounting each light to each fork clamp. Don't nobody worry about where they are aimed at since I haven't gotten that far yet.

20180518_101209.jpg

You should use separated pipe clamp on each fork and point it out so it clear the fender.Something like that but bigger
https://m.grainger.com/mobile/product/CADDY-Cushioned-Pipe-Clamp-1RVC3

OK here is the next iteration. Thinking about ditching the bar altogether and mounting each light to each fork clamp. Don't nobody worry about where they are aimed at since I haven't gotten that far yet.

20180518_101209.jpg

Here's the final. Mounted them directly to the fork clamps. No bar is certainly better. Have to wire them up and see how they work. I know they put out a good amount of light.

20180518_122118.jpg

Here's the final. Mounted them directly to the fork clamps. No bar is certainly better. Have to wire them up and see how they work. I know they put out a good amount of light. 

20180518_122118.jpg

This is Leon approved.

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
MUCH better.

I agree with @raggededge. Hold the front brake and press down as hard as you can and see how close they get to the fender.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
IMG_20180517_195954.jpg

The rebound is easy to reach with your left hand.

IMG_1476.jpg
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000