What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I've had this tool holder for several years and never mounted it on my last 3 bikes. Today, I saw a picture on ADV Rider that gave me an idea on how to mount it on my FJ 0 with Givi Rack. I had the tool holder, and spent less than $10 to mount it. 5/8 rubber lined clamps, 6mm bolts, washers, and nyloc nuts, and a pice of plastic mudflap I had laying around the garage. 
This is what I ended up with;

IMG_1759.jpg

This is how I mounted it;

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

This is the hardware I used;

IMG_1762.jpg

IMG_1763.jpg

An update for anyone considering this mod.  My riding buddies said my tool holder blocked my turn signal, but not my brake light. 
I plan to mount it lower so my turn signal are visible.

It’s a 2 amp fuse, if you tried to use an air compressor, I guarantee you blew the fuse. If using a compressor, connect it direct to the battery terminals.
Ok so I understand that I have to replace the fuse. 

After that, could I plug a 2.4a usb adapter like the one in my car: https://www.aukey.com/products/4-8a-dual-port-car-charger-cc-s1 ?
Or should I buy a new one that takes less?

A 2 amp fuse on a 12V system: 12 V x 2 A = 24 Watts.  That's the limitation on whatever you connect to it. A USB port runs at 5 V x 2.4 A = 12.0 W < 24 W.  

You are good to go.

• Supporting Member
A 2 amp fuse on a 12V system: 12 V x 2 A = 24 Watts.  That's the limitation on whatever you connect to it. A USB port runs at 5 V x 2.4 A = 12.0 W < 24 W.  

You are good to go.

That's a great explanation. clear and concise.  Thank you

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

You are good to go.
That's exactly the knowledge I am lacking. Thank you for the explanation!

FJ-09 2015

• Supporting Member
I took a vacation day and went for a 2-Day, 800 mile road trip to the North Cascades Highway.

Diablo Lake, 84 degrees. Just before heading over North Cascades Pass

Diablo_Lake.jpg

20 minutes later I got stuck in a torrential down pour as I got near the summit at 5,500ft and the temperature had dropped from 84 to 46 degrees!

46_Degrees.jpg

Its all part of the adventure, the payoff was worth it. On the other side of the pass in Omak, it was 92 degrees!

North_Cascades_Pass.jpg

• Premium Member
I took a vacation day and went for a 2-Day, 800 mile road trip to the North Cascades Highway. 
Diablo Lake, 84 degrees. Just before heading over North Cascades Pass

Diablo_Lake.jpg

20 minutes later I got stuck in a torrential down pour as I got near the summit at 5,500ft and the temperature had dropped from 84 to 46 degrees!

46_Degrees.jpg

Its all part of the adventure, the payoff was worth it. On the other side of the pass in Omak, it was 92 degrees!

North_Cascades_Pass.jpg

I r very jealous.

Let’s go Brandon

• Supporting Member
@betoney - Woooooowwwww... you are seriously making me reconsider Houston as a permanent residence. Beautiful!

If you can get away from the I-5 corridor (some of the most horrific traffic in the nation), there is truly some spectacular riding and jaw-dropping scenery in the Pacific Northwest - To include Washington, Oregon, Idaho as well as Canada.

If you can get away from the I-5 corridor (some of the most horrific traffic in the nation), there is truly some spectacular riding and jaw-dropping scenery in the Pacific Northwest - To include Washington, Oregon, Idaho as well as Canada. 

I can second this. Keyword is west. Eastern Oregon is seriously desolate. 

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member

The S.E. part of the state is fairly desolate, but the N.E. part of the state has some truly phenomenal scenery and amazing riding.  I spend a LOT of time riding that corner of the state.
If you start in John Day, you will find great riding in every direction.

• Premium Member
The S.E. part of the state is fairly desolate, but the N.E. part of the state has some truly phenomenal scenery and amazing riding.  I spend a LOT of time riding that corner of the state.
If you start in John Day, you will find great riding in every direction.

Bruce Hansen raves about NE and North-Central Oregon in his book. He rides a big heavy touring bike, but he still likes twisties. He likes open roads where he can see around the corners, which explains his preference for NE Oregon. 

51_Eka1_Hr_EGL._SX321_BO1_204_203_200.jpg

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

washed the bike...then had a conversation eith the bike about a potential temp job coming up for work... I will be going down south to Charleston, NC for 2-4wks... the bike agrees with me about riding around NC... I have been working for MAHLE for the last 10+ yrs... we make industrial thermocoolers such as CAC(charge air coolers), EGRC( exhaust gas re-circ) for locomotives, military platforms, complete drop in modules ( Radiator, CAC, AUX coolers) for combines, 100ton dump trucks, etc...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

• Supporting Member
Bruce Hansen raves about NE and North-Central Oregon in his book. He rides a big heavy touring bike, but he still likes twisties. He likes open roads where he can see around the corners, which explains his preference for NE Oregon. 

51_Eka1_Hr_EGL._SX321_BO1_204_203_200.jpg

@estell  I have the first edition of that book.   If one were to move to the area looking for suggestions on "where to start", this book offers some great ideas.  Highly recommended.