What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Instead of clamping to the fork tube, it might be easier and simpler to make a thin flat-stock bracket that is secured by one (or both) of the lower triple clamp bolts. Another common tactic is to place them on one of the fender mounting holes so you get a sizable triangle of light instead of all point being centralized. They human eye need distance between light sources to detect distance and thus approach speed. That's the reason behind why locomotives have displaced lights. If you see a single point WATCH OUT! But if it's 3 points, the train is a ways away (1 mile?)

BTW you need at least 130mm between the highest point on the fender and the lowest of your light/bracket.

MUCH better.  
I agree with @raggededge . Hold the front brake and press down as hard as you can and see how close they get to the fender.

They still had about 1.5-2 inches of clearance. I'll try it under a hard front brake next. Side to side is good.

i'm waiting for someone to mount the cop-car window light onto their rig... Complete with pistol grip for aiming.

or install a trailer hitch to haul a "light tower" ?
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Well, yesterday, I did my 4000 mile service (at 3600). Took me about 4 hours with being as careful as I could. Most things went really smoothly. Here are some observations. Plugs looked great, its a pain to have to remove all the hoses, but since I was in there for TB sync it wasn't much more. TB were dead nuts on. Engine oil was pretty dark, glad I changed it. The amount of grit that rinsed out of the chain was a lot more than I expected, glad I did that too.

Only thing I didn't really know how to check and the service manual was less than useful was "checking the swingarm operation." I tried to manipulate it side to side, it was solid.

So later today, I will try to take it for a good ride.

• Supporting Member
Only thing I didn't really know how to check and the service manual was less than useful was "checking the swingarm operation." I tried to manipulate it side to side, it was solid. 
So later today, I will try to take it for a good ride.
I highly recommend removing and greasing the swing arm pivot and linkage. I serviced mine at the one year mark (16k mileage) and they were in dire need of grease.  
Removing the swing arm might seem like a daunting task but it is very easy on this bike. I have done it twice and can now have the wheel and swing arm removed and replaced in about 30 minutes. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I highly recommend removing and greasing the swing arm pivot and linkage. I serviced mine at the one year mark (16k mileage) and they were in dire need of grease. 
<Sigh>…another task added to the list. 
(Thanks for the heads up though @betoney :) )

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Yesterday, I plugged a 'certified 12V Air Compressor' to the 12v socket on my FJ-09 2015 in order to inflate the tires but it didn't work.
The I tried an usb adaptor on the socket and checked with my phone: nothing.
I am now wondering if I burnt the fuse with the air compressor or if the 12v socket was not working from the begining as it is a 2nd hand bike?

Could someone tell how to troubleshoot, please?
I know nothing about electricity and fuses yet.

The bike was powered ON when I tried all of this.

FJ-09 2015

• Supporting Member
It’s a 2 amp fuse, if you tried to use an air compressor, I guarantee you blew the fuse. If using a compressor, connect it direct to the battery terminals.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

It’s a 2 amp fuse, if you tried to use an air compressor, I guarantee you blew the fuse. If using a compressor, connect it direct to the battery terminals.
Ok so I understand that I have to replace the fuse. 

After that, could I plug a 2.4a usb adapter like the one in my car: https://www.aukey.com/products/4-8a-dual-port-car-charger-cc-s1 ?
Or should I buy a new one that takes less?

FJ-09 2015

Today I installed a set of GIVI Trekker hard cases.
We are planning a trip to Ireland in September.
Two up and fully loaded we exceed the 180kg recommended maximum load by 20kg.
I think it is going to need a better rear shock!

IMG_0265.jpg

Converted to GP Shift last weekend, works real well. Upshifting is much more satisfying.  
gpshift2.jpgWas this done with the stock shift rod? Looks like just flipping the shift arm and notching the rearset makes it happen no? Thanks!

• Premium Member

Converted to GP Shift last weekend, works real well. Upshifting is much more satisfying.  
gpshift2.jpgWas this done with the stock shift rod? Looks like just flipping the shift arm and notching the rearset makes it happen no? Thanks!

Correct.