Service Manual?

So I clicked on the ebay FJ-09 parts link on the top of the page and this was the first item: 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-2015-2016-MT-09-FJ-09-Tracer-900-Service-Repair-Workshop-Service-Manual/252575684778?_trksid=p2045573.c100507.m3226&_trkparms=aid%3D555017%26algo%3DPL.CASSINI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38530%26meid%3D637680aff5854179953e2b90313f0d15%26pid%3D100507%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26

any idea what it is? Is it a photocopy of the oem manual or a photocopy of Clymer or some other 3rd party manual?
It's all in the listing - you won't get a hard copy but the pdf, electronic version of the Yamaha factory manual - this is someone selling a copyrighted electronic document illegally. 
ooops, if its illegal ive bought it, no problems with download  etc.  .... £8 here in UK 

• 2 weeks later...
I've been idly poking around for a service manual. I read this thread, and then did a search.

I found what appears to be an OEM manual here, for $45 plus shipping:

<http://www.service-shop-repair-manual.com/yamaha-fj-09-part-lit-11616-28-46-service-shop-repair-manual/>

This is the lowest price I could find for what appears to be the real thing. Can anyone comment, recommend, or back up this source with an earlier purchase from this vendor?

TIA, PFJohns

• Premium Member
I've been idly poking around for a service manual. I read this thread, and then did a search. 

<http://www.service-shop-repair-manual.com/yamaha-fj-09-part-lit-11616-28-46-service-shop-repair-manual/>

This is the lowest price I could find for what appears to be the real thing. Can anyone comment, recommend, or back up this source with an earlier purchase from this vendor?

TIA, PFJohns
Looking at the amateur binding I would say it is a produced on a colour laser printer from a scan of the original
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Supporting Member

TIA, PFJohns
I bought mine from the same vendor and after receiving it I can tell you for a fact that it is NOT LEGIT. I have several "official" OEM service manuals for various other Yamahas and they all have the legal disclaimer on the first page, this manual does not have that. 
That being said, it is EXTREMELY high quality, with a full color pull out electrical wiring diagram.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...
I just went to main dealer and asked for a copy. They uploaded it on a stick and I donated some money to charity.

I won't share who that was, as Yam may not like it. But is there any harm in you just asking your dealer?...after all you've just spent over $100 buying a bike from them.
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

• 2 weeks later...
I finally just caved downloaded a pdf of the service manual.
https://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/280196478-yamaha-2015-2016-fj09-fj-09-tracer-900
I always figured with my luck the moment i paid actual money for it i would be able to find a pirated copy online. I had no problem finding FZ-09 and XSR900 service manual pdfs free online.
Its searchable, zoomable, and is a blatant photocopy of the real book, but for $33 CAD ($25US) you cant go wrong.
I can print off that pages that i need (if i owned a printer that is), keep a copy on my phone, or on my email account.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Hello! Long time lurker and first time poster here. Bought a 2015 FJ09 last Fall.

I'd hate to revive an old thread but better than posting a new one...

Does anyone know where I can get the OEM service manual for the 2015 FJ-09 as of 2021? I'd especially prefer a hard copy but any recommendations would be great. I've seen some links on eBay for a PDF but before I jump I want to make sure there aren't any better options.

Thanks in advance!

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

Only $30 for the FJ-09 and $40 for the 900 service manual. Click the link and search for Yamaha or whatever model you like.

Service Manual

That specific link is to the 2018+ Tracer/Tracer GT. It will be a little different from a 2015 FJ-09. 

If you can't find the factory manual for a 2015 I can recommend the Haynes manual. It is pretty good and covers all MT-09/FJ-09/XSR900s from 2014-17.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
12 minutes ago, keithu said:

That specific link is to the 2018+ Tracer/Tracer GT. It will be a little different from a 2015 FJ-09. 

If you can't find the factory manual for a 2015 I can recommend the Haynes manual. It is pretty good and covers all MT-09/FJ-09/XSR900s from 2014-17.

yeah, you got to search within the site for the manual you want. I did it for you...

FJ-09 2015-2017 Service Shop Repair Manual

• Like 1