Ixil exhaust, opinions are like A.Holes

fullclip

I've read all the threads here about everyone's choices and for what ever reason you may choose? I have read some test and dyno results on the top 4 which I believe are yosh,akro,graves and ixil. All of which seem to be built pretty well and good warranty. They all seem to make about the same power and some show decent horse power gains up top and some good mid range improvements over stock. If you have over $1000 bucks laying around and want to spend it on all but the Ixil,go for it! I have reviewed the dyno on the Ixil and spoke with them also. I have in with graves and could buy one for $999.00 As for the way these exhausts look and sound my 2 choices are the Graves and the Ixil. Only problem for me is the graves pipe along with a few others look like a fart can on the back of my little twerp neighbors Honda civic. Looks like Ass to me (opion) I think the Ixil flaring off into 2 has a great look to it and you can run it with or without baffles and I choose to run none because loud bikes save lives and I could care less about my neighbors or anyone else who doesn't like the noise. The quality of the Ixil is top notch,they have been around since 1957 I believe and know their stuff.For a big savings in cash and no ecu.flash,only if you have more money just laying around,go for it! Power increase is decent about 4 HP.and it's loud! Install was easy and I can keep the center stand. It's a no brainer to me,all you guys can blow your load on the big dollar pipes which are great but truthfully how many FJ owners are really going to see the money difference? (Opinion) How many FJ owners ride over 120 mph? I do!My bike pulls harder with the Ixil,better than stock and 51 MPG! Maybe I should look for a taller wind screen because I read some guys bitching about their helmets buffering over 55 mph?Maybe you should look for a better helmet? Or maybe some more people should take their hand guards off because they don't block enough wind? Riding motorcycle's is suppose to be a wind in your face experience and I have been doing it for the past 48 years. I have logged over 800,000 miles on 24 different bikes. So far I'm pretty pleased with my FJ. It handles 2 up riding and all the bags well,oh ya! I won't bit hard about the suspension like some others here have. Once I dialed mine in she rides great! Once again my (opion)! Hope all your money trees do well this spring!

• Premium Member
Welcome to the forum and nice first post? Lol
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

• Premium Member
could do with a good sub editor to split that block of text into paragraphs. I was getting dizzy by half way down
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I love the look of the Ixil dual exhaust, but unless things have changed, they reduce HP from stock, not add 4 HP.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
By my math that works out to over 16,666 miles a year for 48 years. I'm impressed.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

Your welcome and sorry for no paragraphs,nobody asked you to read it now did they????

Move along now, nothing to see here... Ignore the troll...
'16 FJ09 - Mivv Carbon Oval full exhaust¦MCCruise TBW/FJR switch cruise control¦Corbin seat¦GPR steering damper¦Givi D2122S windscreen¦MT-09 Adventure footpegs¦Motodynamic taillight/flushmount signals/fender eliminator¦OEM heated grips¦Shorty levers¦T-Rex sliders¦SW Motech Blaze bags¦KTM handguards¦Vibranators¦Grip Puppies¦CF fender extender¦Pyramid rear hugger extender

Your welcome and sorry for no paragraphs,nobody asked you to read it now did they????
Why so aggressive? ... and no body asked you to join up, just to bitch like a broad with PMS. 
Just chill and enjoy the community!!!

uh...what just happened here
To save you reading the Rosetta stone chiselled out by the OP;

[ul type=disc][*]OP writes first post consisting of a monolithic block of text/advertisement for Ixil, possible troll in title[*]On closer inspection, text reveals an underlying tone[*]Tone could be interpreted as mildly aggressive or an attempted troll[*]Scandalous HP improvement claims made by OP[*]OP welcomed, including tongue-in-cheek trolling accusation[*]Scandalous HP claims refuted by Mod[*]Instant butt-hurt symptoms displayed by OP[*]Permission to feel butt-hurt swiftly denied by Zine[*]Zachd arrives on scene to view mild carnage[/ul]
That sums it up nicely.  Now I'm off to make some popcorn. 

I missed this thread somehow.

Increased exhaust flow can offer some HP improvements, but mostly on engines that have been modified. Air in, combustion, and then air out. On unmodified engines, very little HP can be gained. And often HP is even lost. Any HP gained on an unmodified engine is often in unusable RPM's.

The second way that exhaust mods can help is by reducing the weight of a motorcycle. In fact, losing weight will make you much faster than any exhaust only hp will.

So, in my world, I avoid the expensive exhausts. Personal choice. On my FZ-09 I bought a low priced and very light M-4 exhaust just because I hated the look of the stock can and wanted to hear my sweet triple in action. But damn, it got loud and I ended up missing the stock can.

The FJ-09 is already lightweight compared to other sport tourers. But by going with a lighter exhaust and then switching a battery to a lithium ion, one can lose 10 or more lbs for a small amount of money. Spend $1000 more on brand x exhaust and you will not be one degree faster then the guy with the $300 M-4 slip on.

Lastly, we have a pretty cool group of people on this forum and new members should remove their muddy shoes when walking into the living room.

could do with a good sub editor to split that block of text into paragraphs. I was getting dizzy by half way down
Me too... I speed read it so I had time to find a chair before I fell over, yep I agree  with the dyno results, I have never seen a improvement with a ixil on various bikes and they do nothing for me in the looks department either. But glad you like it.

I really liked the tone of the stock exhaust too, but grew tired of the attempts on my life as no one could hear me coming, that's why I went with the akra.
As from all posts i've read on it it was almost too quiet with the baffle in, but for me it is perfect.
I don't need the extra horsepower or wank factor or to piss off the neighbors and the general public who will eventually get the shits and make life harder for motorcyclists in general.
Just as they have for dirt bike enthusiasts who are struggling to find places to ride due to dum dums riding around with no baffling/packing in the pipes with their three cousins on the back of their Cr125's... Or harleys..
Ah rant over.

Archived