To beak or not to beak .....

• Premium Member

The front 2 attachment points are screws into bottom of headlight fairing.  You should drill into that plastic to have the holes for screws to fit.  There's nothing above the plastic so no risk of harming anything w medium amount of care.  The back 2 attachment points are into the existing quick fastener locations. 

9 minutes ago, mikerbiker said:

The front 2 attachment points are screws into bottom of headlight fairing.  You should drill into that plastic to have the holes for screws to fit.  There's nothing above the plastic so no risk of harming anything w medium amount of care.  The back 2 attachment points are into existing quick fasteners.

Thanks!

On 10/6/2019 at 5:00 PM, mikerbiker said:

The front 2 attachment points are screws into bottom of headlight fairing.  You should drill into that plastic to have the holes for screws to fit.  There's nothing above the plastic so no risk of harming anything w medium amount of care.  The back 2 attachment points are into the existing quick fastener locations. 

With the one I order, i had to remove to the front small phillips screws and replace them with the supplied screws. No drilling. Just finished right before I typed this.

20191011_015901.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

6 hours ago, Michiel900GT said:

I thought the Tracer looked just fine without a beak. Until you see one with a beak....Now it cannot be unseen.😮

This is the exact one I ordered. Still a Chinese product, but from a USA basee supplier. That way it only took a few days for shipping. The only instructions are the ones in the lisiting. Says it is only for the '15-'18 years

s-l400.jpg

Type:Front Beak Extension Fender. For Yamaha MT-09 Tracer / Tracer...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 4:49 PM, TerryRocky said:

Just put one on my 2019. Amazon $25. Wasn’t a perfect fit, but I think it looks good.

E3808AE2-9B60-492C-A2D1-58FB8DB78BB3.jpeg

Hi bud,

Which one is that you've fitted on your 2019 ?

Do you have a link please?

cheers

Brilliant, thank you.

I can't find a 2019/20 one in the UK. I have to say, looking at it, it does look exactly the same as the 2015-2018 ones, both Powerbronze and from China. Is there any difference you know?

Thanks

toj

Edited by tojjer

26 minutes ago, mikerbiker said:

Dude, show a little effort.  Go to ebay and search the text I gave you in the screenshot.  Even gave you the part #.  Not complicated. 

I did try that of course. Unfortunately that didn't result in a hit. Only '15-'18 models😔

24 minutes ago, Michiel900GT said:

Zkoušel jsem to samozřejmě. Bohužel to nevedlo k zásahu. Pouze modely „15–18“ 😔

Here's your version GT 👍