To beak or not to beak .....

On 2/26/2021 at 12:00 PM, Jayzonk said:

Wondering if I can get some info on where your accessories are from:

1) Beak (I ordered a Puig yesterday)

2) Carbon fiber side panels

3) Crash Bars

4) Hand guards

Are you happy with all of your add-ons?  Anything you would change?

I guess he changed the bike😀

3 hours ago, Jayzonk said:

Where did you get the carbon fibre side panels? 

Hi Jayzonk, I think the panels you saw on that picture are the original plastic ones that came as standard on the earlier all black Tracer models. They have a carbon fiber look to them, The hand guards on the picture are also the standard fitment for the mark one tracer, they are a good example of aesthetics before function and I don't think they protect from wind blast particularly well. I fitted a cheap e-bay example of the beak (pictured in a previous post) I wanted to balance the top heavy look that the Puig touring screen I added had made. Picture below is the best one I have of the the side panels. 

PC2.JPG

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, HGP61 said:

Hi Jayzonk, I think the panels you saw on that picture are the original plastic ones that came as standard on the earlier all black Tracer models. They have a carbon fiber look to them,

Those are standard factory panels on all years ('15-'17) and colors of the FJ09 (MT09 Tracer).

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Rick123 said:

And here she is 

I'm sure you would agree that is the best color FJ. I wasn't sure at first but it has grown on me.

1 hour ago, Rick123 said:

38 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

I'm sure you would agree that is the best color FJ. I wasn't sure at first but it has grown on me.

I must say blue one available in Europe (brighter) is even nicer and specially with painted side panels. I definitely don’t like GT models paint ideas with motorcycle in one colour and side panels completely  different.

• Thumbsup 1

Yes, it looks good.  I was always a fan of the 2019 black, silver, with some purply-blue accents and wheels.  I ended up with the 2020 and the coppery-red, black everywhere 🤔

Not sure how they came up with some of their ideas.  I see Yamaha dropped those nice carbon fibre look-alike panels...was there a frame change, so they would no longer fit?  Or did they just drop them?

Then some years they anodize the wheels, other years they are just plain black....

Strange styling clues sometimes.  

On 3/11/2021 at 7:07 PM, Rick123 said:

I must say blue one available in Europe (brighter) is even nicer and specially with painted side panels. I definitely don’t like GT models paint ideas with motorcycle in one colour and side panels completely  different.

Hah yeah, I've got the grey with red accents.... and white lower side panels.  I mean, why?  A third color, for a single panel?  It's just a dumb idea and they should feel bad.

Fortunately, my wife broke one of mine so I was morally obligated to get black panels :)

2 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Hah yeah, I've got the grey with red accents.... and white lower side panels.  I mean, why?  A third color, for a single panel?  It's just a dumb idea and they should feel bad.

Fortunately, my wife broke one of mine so I was morally obligated to get black panels :)

2 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Good wife. Right decision on your side.

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate "accident" 😄 Send us a picture with the black panels.  

Anyone been discussing the new version?  Of course, there are no full reviews yet, correct?  Are they even on shore yet?  

I really don't understand the Japanese styling some days.  After all of this time, I am sure they are keenly aware of styling trends.  Would it really take that much to put someone in charge of this to spruce things up?    You know, just someone who could review the all of the styling before production and let them know of any faux pas they are making.  

9 minutes ago, Jayzonk said:

After all of this time, I am sure they are keenly aware of styling trends.  Would it really take that much to put someone in charge of this to spruce things up?    You know, just someone who could review the all of the styling before production and let them know of any faux pas they are making.  

Lookin' for a gig, Jay?

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.