What pants do you wear? + How do they work with your seat?

morkys

I have a pair of Resurgence Jeans with Hip and Knee armor. They work, but are not the most comfortable and they will fit differently as they move. If I pull them up high, they don't bunch up in the crotch and fit ok, but...the knee armor seems too high. If I leave them lower, the knee armor is lower and in a better position, but they bunch up and don't fit right. Basically, I have pants that don't fit me well. They are my size (34")...but it's obvious to me I need better pants.

Are there pants out there that are a good compromise between a jeans and full-on race pants? What materials should I look at? Are there better jeans I should try?
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

For textile I wear the Rev'It Vapor jacket/pants combo. Had them for over 4 years now (roughly 23,000 miles commuting/small touring) and I absolutely love them. When it's time to replace I'll buy them again assuming Rev'It still makes em.

Jeans. I tried and tried to find a pair that I liked and never could. So I went to my local Vans store, bought a pair like I liked for maybe $50 (by the way, I like vans, because they have a small amount of stretch built into them), and then contacted Ruste Protection, and sent off my jeans to have kevlar sewn in. That cost me around $180 I think, and the process was super fast and easy. Now I get to wear a pair of jeans that I like and fit me well, but with the added protection. Highly recommend either of these options. https://www.rusteprotection.com/

• Supporting Member
I dont enjoy riding jeans, I bought a pair and wore them twice.

I use textile pants, for cold or cooler weather I have a pair of Tourmaster Caliber Pants and for summer I wear Tourmaster Venture Air Pants  

I have a 33-34" inseam and they are available in regular and tall and have adjustable height knee pad placement.  They fit well and aren't uncomfortable when I ride.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
I wear the Firstgear Kathmandu Over-pants The armor is adjustable, and I didn't have any issues getting the armor to stay where I needed it. They also come with liners for colder weather. I ride mostly Spring/Summer/Fall and even in the heat of Eastern Washington, these are comfortable. Haven't tried riding in cold weather, but I suspect they would do well there too. Cost is around $300, but I've been riding with them for about 3 years, and am very happy.

AGV Sport Willow leather set, 5yrs of riding in em, held up so far to a few dates with asphalta terra firma...did a search and found its been discontinued sad.png... I use em all year round even down to 10°f with heated gear...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

I got a pair of KTM riding jeans (kevlar reinforced). Right now I don’t use knee armor but there is already a pocket in the jeans to add armor. They go for cheap.

I also use a pair of Thor padded textile pants (basically mx pants) for cool temperature (cut the wind).

I just got a pair of Revit sand 3. After a 200 mi test run, I am pretty happy with them. Knee armor is good. Hip armor is really thin, not sure how much they would really do in a crash. It also has a thermal and rain liner that are super easy to install/remove. You can wear them as a shell over clothes, or by themselves. Either way pretty comfortable.

I'll be wearing them on a trip from Oakland CA to crater lake so it will be interesting to see how they hold up. I have been a leather guy till now, so textiles are new to me.

Motoport kevlar mesh with liner system or a Stich. Machine washable, repairable, custom sizing/alterations etc. But not what most folks would consider a compromise.

When I wanted a Stich on a budget for commuting watched advrider classifieds and ebay and eventually picked up a used one piece Roadcrafter for a song. Shipped it to Stich for minor alterations, inspection, armor updates etc. Step in and out in seconds, fits in a case.

500+ mile days on the stock seat tested.

I'm a recent AeroStch convert. Bought a RoadCrafter Tactical suit last season on a run around Lake Superior. It has served me well thus far, although it's not my favorite when temps creep up past 30C (85F). It's quite baggy/spacious allowing for a myriad of base layers/jeans/bicycle shorts. At first I thought the bagginess would cause saddle slip & slide but I stick to the saddle same as jeans; however, this results in bunching in the crouch which puts it's waterproofing to the test (it has yet to fail). It's my go-to for long-haul or commuting but it's fairly warm and not sexy (unless your into cosmonauts).

Archived