Recent OTD Prices!

Alright after a couple months of looking and getting price quotes i need some help.

Ive gotten quite a few different OTD quotes for various year models at different dealers here in WA (All new old stock) of the FJ. Anywhere from $10,500 OTD for a 2016 to $11,300 for a 2017.

Ive read on other forums and places that people are paying a lot less (yet some more) for the same bikes. One place has one posted for $8,499 but comes at me with an out the door price of $10,500! Its new but its already a 2 year old bike! There has to be a way to get it for less. a place in AZ has the same 2016 listed for $7000 and there is now way there going to fit that $1,500 into the random fees and charges somewhere which leads me to believe at $8,499 theres still room.

Let me know what ya'll think and what you paid for yours if you got one recently. TIA

• Supporting Member

Its funny seeing what some dealers are asking for leftovers, on Cycle Trader there are new '15's listed for $10,490!! and '17's for just under $8,000.

Nothing wrong with buying out of state, just fly 'n ride (or have it shipped) and then pay tax and title fee's when registering in Washington. I have gotten some ridiculous deals when buying out of state.

Some of the listings have live chat's available, ask what the OTD price is. Paying under $9,000 (before tax and title) for a new '17 is a bargain. Cycle Trader currently has 3 full pages of '17's under $9,000.

If you dont mind driving, check out Power Motorsports in Sublimity, Oregon 503.769.8888
They have a few new '17's listed for $8,999.

Good Luck.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Its funny seeing what some dealers are asking for leftovers, on Cycle Trader there are new '15's listed for $10,490!! and '17's for just under $8,000.

Nothing wrong with buying out of state, just fly 'n ride (or have it shipped) and then pay tax and title fee's when registering in Washington. I have gotten some ridiculous deals when buying out of state.

Some of the listings have live chat's available, ask what the OTD price is. Paying under $9,000 (before tax and title) for a new '17 is a bargain. Cycle Trader currently has 3 full pages of '17's under $9,000.

If you dont mind driving, check out Power Motorsports in Sublimity, Oregon 503.769.8888

Good Luck.
Still many brand-new 15s, 16s, 17s available here at various dealerships around the country.   Prices, alas, are quite a bit higher here in Oz.   Some brand-new examples: a 2018 (?) - $13,900: another '18 (?) - $14,600: a '15 - $12,500.   Frisky bargaining would bring those asking $$s down quite a bit I'm sure. smiley.png 
And quite a few negligible-miles Tracers too - 2018 (?) demo with 255km for $13,900: 2015 with 591km for $12,000: etc.   All these with OE hard panniers as standard fitment.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Good Luck.

Thats what i've come to i think. I posted this same thing a couple different places and 99% of the responses were that they are charging a premium because of location (people paid as low as $7700 OTD on the same bike. I will have to do some more of a broad search and see whats out there.  Thanks!

• Premium Member
I find if its too good to be true it generally is. I also like saying most of the time its worse to pay to little than to much.
Wise words indeed!

What about a used bike? Provided it’s been well maintained and the owner has records, of course. To me there’s no difference in taking a bike from 0k to 50k miles vs taking it from 10k to 60k miles. With maintenance records you’ll know which maintenance expenses are coming up so you can factor it into the purchase price. I’ve found well-priced bikes, and sometimes screaming bargains buying this way. For example, I’m seeing nearby a ’15 bone stock for $5,100 with 25k miles, serviced at dealer with records. The reliability of the bike at 0k will be the same as a bike at 25k, and unless you take the odometer to six digits when you may start thinking about a top end rebuild, your service intervals will be the same and your maintenance costs are going to be about the same.

I just bought mine a '15, well maintained, and has been farkled with OEM bags, suspension, 3 windscreens, Sargent saddle and pillion & backrest, cruise control, handlebar risers, bar en weights, ECU flash, tank bag, tail bag, FJ pegs, helmet holders, and probably more I'm forgetting, and paid $7k. I had to give the DMV another $450 for tax, transfer, etc, so my OTD was < $7,500 for a bike that's all ready to ride, with just 10k miles.

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

Thats a good point you bring up! I think i'm going to have to keep looking for something in a couple months and see whats out there i was going to finance the remainder after cash but if i wait a couple months ill be able to just pay cash. 
I got an invoice from the Manager at that AZ dealer i referenced earlier and thats the price he gave me plus freight and doc was $7500. i think ill wait and see what is left in the area and start the haggling process when its winter and they're still sitting on a bike thats already 2-3 years out of date. It'll be like a birthday present for me!

I got an invoice from the Manager at that AZ dealer i referenced earlier and thats the price he gave me plus freight and doc was $7500. i think ill wait and see what is left in the area and start the haggling process when its winter and they're still sitting on a bike thats already 2-3 years out of date. It'll be like a birthday present for me!
I am a fan of private sales not dealers. Too many games seem to go on with dealers.  
I bought my FJ in March from an ad on NH Craigslist. Guy was about 2 hours from me and had a fully stock 2016 with 3,200 miles on the clock. He wanted a firm $7,300 and that's what I paid. Included factory bags and comfort seats.

I did not want a bike that had been heavily modded with exhaust, flash, electrical work, etc.  I prefer to do those things myself, if at all.

His story was good in that he wanted to tour two-up and needed a bigger bike. (He bought a new Multistrada as soon as my check cleared!)

Here in New England Fall is best time to buy a bike since winter closes down most riding by December.

I suggest you  check your local Craigslist regularly looking for a good, low mileage ride.

cb
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
I'd be worried about the fluids and the rubber sitting around a showroom for 4 years

And I'd expect the price to be reduced a bit more than that

I'd be worried about the fluids and the rubber sitting around a showroom for 4 years 
And I'd expect the price to be reduced a bit more than that
Easily fixed: replace after flushing all fluids: and fit new tyres (Michelin PRs are highly recommended here)   But adjust the price paid to accommodate these costs...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.