Bagster seat

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, wordsmith said:

Thanks, daz, it may be, but in the past when I have tried to use Silverstone they say they do not ship to Oz - something about protecting the local Oz distributorship for BAGSTER.   I have an enquiry in-hand with two other suppliers, motostorm in Italy (had great service and price from them before) and local distributor Carlisle Tyres and Accs in Sydney.   Will follow-up with them and let you know the current state of play...

Ah OK re Silverstone. Motostorm was another I was going to mention but you are all over it, as they say. 🙂

I see that the local distributor is using one of your earlier glowing posts in their advertising for the Bagster products!  I reckon that should qualify you for a free sample of the new seat you seek.... of course just for testing and reporting for them! 😉

16 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

Ah OK re Silverstone. Motostorm was another I was going to mention but you are all over it, as they say. 🙂

I see that the local distributor is using one of your earlier glowing posts in their advertising for the Bagster products!  I reckon that should qualify you for a free sample of the new seat you seek.... of course just for testing and reporting for them! 😉

Just looked up Silverstone - the seat shown as suited for a 2019 GT is NOT the correct item, according to its visual comparison with my GT seat.   It does not have the same rider's seat shape, and the small dished metal plate at the front of the pillion seat (a sort-of push-to-fit) is absent - see pic below.   But I do not know if the 2019 GT and Tracer seats are identical: if not, this may well be a Gen2 Tracer seat but not a GT seat.   A little later today I'll send a reminder to motostorm to see what they can add..

I'm still awaiting a free plane ticket and an all expenses-paid trip to France to visit the factory, in light of my 'glowing report', which I must say I'd forgotten about!   Have passport, can speak French, will travel... 

BTW - how're things up your way bush-fire wise?   Getting a bit close for comfort.

P1050808.JPG

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
34 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

Just looked up Silverstone - the seat shown as suited for a 2019 GT is NOT the correct item, according to its visual comparison with my GT seat.

I did wonder hence the question marks in my sentences.  I did notice that that same part number (5372Z) on another site only mentions the 2018 GT.... are they different in the seating between 18-19?  Anyway, should have known it would be too good to be true from all I've read so far regarding availability of the new product.

34 minutes ago, wordsmith said:

I'm still awaiting a free plane ticket and an all expenses-paid trip to France to visit the factory, in light of my 'glowing report', which I must say I'd forgotten about!   Have passport, can speak French, will travel...

Ha!  You could be their Aussie liaison procurement man on the ground! Fantastique!

In reference to the bush fires - yes, the closest bush fires are a little North of me ATM but it's a bit of a worry as you know.  I'm on an acreage with trees around and rely solely on tank water.  The tanks are about half full ATM because it's been so dry and so that's another concern.

It was very ordinary yesterday with that strong gusting S/Wester blowing a gale.  Certainly didn't help those up in the Peregian area.  I'm just a little bit nervous with a forecast of strong Southerlies today!

It is what it is and this is Australia after all.  Just got to be vigilant and prepared as much as possible.

Thanks for asking. 👍 🙂

Edited by dazzler24

Here's my reply just in from the Oz BAGSTER distributor, Carlisle Tyre and Accessories.   I have also sent off an e-mail to motostorm.it who I bought my last BAGSTER seat from, receiving a very good price and excellent service all round.

Yes, this seat is available to order.

It will be part:

5372Z - BAGSTER READY SEAT TRACER 900 GT (CUSTOM W/BULTEX) - $549.95.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member

OK??  That's good news but all very confusing as that is the part number (5372Z) quoted & can be seen in the image in the Silverstone ad I posted earlier that had the seat that looked like it wasn't the one for the 2019 GT?!  Who knows, maybe they just got the photo wrong or it wasn't available at the time of listing the ad?!

Anyway, your supplier/contact should have the good oil.

19 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

OK??  That's good news but all very confusing as that is the part number (5372Z) quoted & can be seen in the image in the Silverstone ad I posted earlier that had the seat that looked like it wasn't the one for the 2019 GT?!  Who knows, maybe they just got the photo wrong or it wasn't available at the time of listing the ad?!

Anyway, your supplier/contact should have the good oil.

Yeah, I must make quite sure that it's the correct part, not that I'm ready to order just yet as I plan my long-deferred 2 x 500km rides from Sunday next (to Bargara and back) to see how the new susp feels and if a new seat is really necessary (as opposed to being desired).   Meantime I intend to get back to Carlisle with that pic of the GT seat with the metal plate in the pillion perch - a seat-locking mechanism - to see what's what.   

I've also had a play with BAGSTER's configerateur - 'configurator', would you believe? - to model what I'd like in the way of materials, decorative embroidery (to GT or not GT?, that is the question), colour of stitching, etc - it's almost infinitely variable.

• Supporting Member

Yes I'm keen to hear how your flash new suspension shapes up on a more serious ride as well.  Lets hope the state isn't still on fire by then and you can see through the smoke! ☹️

I've had a play with that 'configerateur' myself and have to say it's almost annoying due to the mountain of options!

'I just want milk that tastes like real milk' - with less than 2% crap.... if you make the connection 🙂

I do make the connection - very often in life less is very much more!   Still 'n' all, I recall going through this before and I came out the other end in good shape.    It's nice to have a choice, but not too much.

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1

Less is definitely gonna be more if I proceed with BAGSTER.    Keeping it simple, on my last BAGSTER seat I chose two plain complementing black fabrics for the seat, the actual rider seat part being non-slip, and simple red stitching.   I'll dupe that in a nice blue stitching that on the website seems a good match for my blurple bits.   But still pondering...

Following on from the above post, here's a pic from August 2018 of the BAGSTER seat that I had made for my last-but-one Tracer.   You can see that it's pretty simple in design, yet I think quite attractive in its own way.    The GT seat, from pix shown, is a little different in some detail but follows the same general shape.   Main thing is, though - it worked like a charm, and I'll follow similar lines but with Cobalt Blue stitching (matching 'blurple') if/ when I order a new BAGSTER seat for my GT.

Incidentally, MOTOSTORM.IT have replied that they still don't have full info on a new GT seat, so it's all looking a little murky.    I'll follow-up later today with an e-mail direct to BAGSTER in France: they should know.

P1040368.JPG

Edited by wordsmith

• Supporting Member

They really are a beautifully made seat by the looks of your photos.  The attention to detail is right up there and I for one do like the look/styling.  The blue stitching for your next seat... yes you'll be getting it 🙂 ..... will work a treat with your GT's colour scheme.

I think I'm going to have to get one for my 2015 Tracer iteration!  As I've mentioned previously, I've had 3 goes at getting my original seat 'right' but have never been really happy with the end results.  Hmmm... temptations!

9 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Incidentally, MOTOSTORM.IT have replied that they still don't have full info on a new GT seat, so it's all looking a little murky.    I'll follow-up later today with an e-mail direct to BAGSTER in France: they should know.

When in doubt, straight to the horse's mouth is the way to go.  Good luck.

1 hour ago, dazzler24 said:

They really are a beautifully made seat by the looks of your photos.  The attention to detail is right up there and I for one do like the look/styling.  The blue stitching for your next seat... yes you'll be getting it 🙂 ..... will work a treat with your GT's colour scheme.

I think I'm going to have to get one for my 2015 Tracer iteration!  As I've mentioned previously, I've had 3 goes at getting my original seat 'right' but have never been really happy with the end results.  Hmmm... temptations!

When in doubt, straight to the horse's mouth is the way to go.  Good luck.

Thanks, dazz.   If/ when I get it I'll be more than happy to meet up halfway so you can see and sit in person.  Meantime, I'm deeply into planning my long-delayed ~4500km ride to Cooktown mid-October: I cannot wait, even if it means doing it with the stock seat on the GT.

• Thumbsup 1

39 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

That's very kind of you 🙂

4500km ride... wow.  How long is that planned to take you? Getting in before the Cyclones whip up eh?  Good thinking.

About 14-15 days, but really - whatever it takes!   Up to Cairns via an inland route (Monto, Emerald, Charters Towers, Palm Cove for two nights), then Cooktown for three nights, then back home slowly down the Bruce with a two-night stopover at Airlie Beach.   Maybe leaving it a bit late to avoid the onset of The Wet, but it's the best I can do with many other commitments here to dodge between and find a window.