New Tracer GT owner researching seat options

1 hour ago, kilo3 said:

I have the yamaha comfort seat arriving tomorrow.
Personally all the custom seat options I've seen look like something that belongs on a 90's wave runner. Blech.🤢

If it works for me great, i never had a real problem with the oem seat but would like a little more support.
If it fails miserably, I have an extra pan to bring to the local seat guy and have him work his magic with styling from this decade.

I was very close to ordering the Yamaha comfort seat until i discovered the Bagster seats from the other members here. I took a gamble on it just like you are with the comfort seat. Would be interested to know how you like it after you get some seat time on it. 

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

Got my comfort seat from the dealer and drove about 40 miles. So far, so good. The forward lean is gone and it feels a little higher, but i think thats due to the lack of slant.

Id say stay tuned for further review but my motorcycle didn't like the idea of going back in the garage tonight. Pulled in, put my left foot down on a loose copper fitting that rolled from who knows where and my bike tried to make rough love to me on the concrete. Luckily, I broke my bikes fall with my tailbone and shins. Might be a bit before I use the seat "comfortably".

• Sad 2

13 hours ago, kilo3 said:

Got my comfort seat from the dealer and drove about 40 miles. So far, so good. The forward lean is gone and it feels a little higher, but i think thats due to the lack of slant.

Id say stay tuned for further review but my motorcycle didn't like the idea of going back in the garage tonight. Pulled in, put my left foot down on a loose copper fitting that rolled from who knows where and my bike tried to make rough love to me on the concrete. Luckily, I broke my bikes fall with my tailbone and shins. Might be a bit before I use the seat "comfortably".

OUCHHHH!!! Sorry to hear about that dismount failure. Glad you got your seat though. To my surprise my new Bagster seat actually arrived yesterday. Hoping the weather improves soon so i can try it out. 

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

Well my Bagster seat that was originally given an ETA of May 4th actually arrived yesterday. 5 days from ChromeBurner Motorgear in the Netherlands to Syracuse NY. Unbelievable!!! I hope the weather improves this weekend so I can get some seat time on it. So far just sitting on it is a noticeable improvement. 

IMG_20200429_174153508.jpg

IMG_20200429_174144782.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/30/2020 at 10:54 AM, kilo3 said:

Sorry about the hard dock. I'm looking into the heated version of the comfort seat (which I presume is very similar). I was wondering if comfort seat fits into the low seat position. I'm 5'8" , so I need the vertically challenged option.

1 minute ago, Portapawl said:

Sorry about the hard dock. I'm looking into the heated version of the comfort seat (which I presume is very similar). I was wondering if comfort seat fits into the low seat position. I'm 5'8" , so I need the vertically challenged option.

Yes it does, same functionality as stock.

5 minutes ago, kilo3 said:

Yes it does, same functionality as stock.

You mentioned earlier that it eliminated the notorious "forward lean".  Is that for the high or the low seat position? Or does it improve both?

I just received my new Bagster seat (Ready Luxe with bultex),I installed it on my Tracer, looks nice, no issues, but was disappointed in the comfort  after riding it about 45 miles. It helps with the forward lean some, but it seemed to me that it was more the material type holding me in place as there was still some lean in it. As far as padding, it almost seems like the oem seat has more. Maybe I just have a bony butt! I'm 5'11, 175lbs. YMMV

• Thumbsup 2

29 minutes ago, showmerider said:

I just received my new Bagster seat (Ready Luxe with bultex),I installed it on my Tracer, looks nice, no issues, but was disappointed in the comfort  after riding it about 45 miles. It helps with the forward lean some, but it seemed to me that it was more the material type holding me in place as there was still some lean in it. As far as padding, it almost seems like the oem seat has more. Maybe I just have a bony butt! I'm 5'11, 175lbs. YMMV

showmerider would you be willing to post some pictures of it on your Tracer?  Also, what issue are you having with the OEM seat?  I get pain in my tailbone and that's what I was hoping to fix with the Bagster seat you bought.  Would you say it did not address this issue? 

Give it a little time to break-in, and for your bony bum (mine's the same!) to get used to it.   45 miles is bugger all really...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

5 hours ago, showmerider said:

High or low position?

GP46: I could take some pictures but they would look the same as the ones that Wordsmith posted on his writeup on the Bagster seat. As for now, I would say it doesn't help with the pain in the tailbone, but like I said and to Wordsmith's point, I have only gone 45 miles on it. I hope to get out and ride some more this week while I'm off work.

quaxom: I ride with mine in the high position, as I have fairly long legs and a shorter torso, lol.

Wordsmith: I will be riding some more and hoping for it to get more comfortable, I was just hoping for your "Love at first sit", but it does look very nice on the bike.