New Tracer GT owner researching seat options

I recently purchased an TopSellerie Seat. It is a great seat, and a big improvemant compared to the original seat.

They have a seat configurator, which allows you to configure your seat to your own wishes (gel, heating, stiching collor, edings, choice of materials, etc....)

They don't have any resellers in the US, but you probably con order through the website. Worth a try?

Edited by RonZuidhoek
  • Thumbsup 1

On 4/21/2020 at 1:01 PM, metallion said:

Thanks BBB. I actually went on the website and speced out a nice looking seat. How do you get pricing? Must have to pick one of the individual retailers I'm guessing? 

Ordered mine from Silverstonemotor.com... really easy process.

• Thumbsup 2

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

On 4/21/2020 at 1:03 PM, wordsmith said:

Having had at least three BAGSTER seats I can only endorse them 1000%.   As I reported at the time "my bum thinks it has died and gone to heaven".  See below:  

LOVE AT FIRST SIT with my GT’s new BAGSTER seat

Short version - my bony bum thought it had died and gone to heaven.

Longer version - after a self-imposed absence from the GT for some time while allowing my very painful bursitis-affected shoulder to have some medical treatment and start to heal, I was eager to get onto the brand-new and as-yet untried BAGSTER seat.  Today it was very unpleasant to be outside, as ravaging bush-fires to the south, west, and north of Brisbane have brought thick hazy air and a strong smell of burning.   It’s been like this for some weeks now, so indoors is the best place to be, air-con on.   Storms forecast for later.

I need to heed my own words when reporting, for as I have said before - “It is a truth universally acknowledged that a new owner of almost anything – motorcycle, car, boat, house, girl-friend, goldfish, BAGSTER seat – will proclaim it to be absolutely the best of its kind ever, never equalled, and unlikely to be surpassed in the future”.   In other words, some self-serving exaggeration may occur!   Thank you, Jane Austen.

The OE GT seat is a vast improvement over the torture-device OE seat on Gen1 Tracers, but it could hardly have been worse – on the Gen1 seat about an hour or up to 80 or so kilometres was more than enough for me.    But the OE GT seat gave acceptable comfort on my recent 4500km circuit over 13 days as I only occasionally felt a need to squirm around to find that ‘sweet spot’, despite long hot days of up to 585km in the saddle.    Even so, I had such fond memories of previous BAGSTER seats that I couldn’t resist the urge to splash out another $500 or so to complete the package.

On today’s test-ride of about 180km/ two-and-a-bit hours, my bony bum thought it had died and gone to heaven, even though the difference in comfort was not huge, but it was certainly detectable.  

When I’m seated the new BAGSTER seat is quite firm, but has some ‘give’ still in it compared to the very firm OE Gt seat, which feels as though I have reached the limit of its compressibility and support, despite my pretty light ATTGATT weight of only around 84kg (185 pounds).    I also seem to be supported rather more along the back of my upper thighs instead of just on the points of my sit-bones.   Whatever – it was plush.   And with the front seat in the lower position, where it is easily and firmly fitted, I can comfortably flat-foot at rest – heels and soles of both boots flat on the ground.

The BAGSTER pillion seat does require a hefty karate-chop to get it to fasten securely into its lock – other than that the two-piece kit it is a superb product and, IMHO, worth every penny or cent or Euro if you can afford it.  

In summary then - on my GT, the combination of the bike’s greatly-improved K-tech very compliant suspension upgrade and the BAGSTER seat gives me near-perfection in terms of plush comfort and day-longability to ride.  

It is indeed “absolutely the best of its kind ever, never equalled, and unlikely to be surpassed in the future”.

They are beautifully made in France, with the buyer able to make selections of various materials, colours, stitching, logo, etc., from their on-line configerateur.   I purchased my last two - 1 x Tracer, 1 x Tracer GT - from an Italian company <motostorm.it> who both with these and other purchases I found to be very easy to deal with, no language issues, prompt replies, and highly competitive pricing.   I very highly recommend both BAGSTER and MOTOSTORM.it.

wordsmith- I am very interested in the Bagster seat. Do you feel as though it addresses the forward slope of the stock GT seat? That is my biggest issue with it. I constantly find myself having to skooch back. Thanks. 

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

1 hour ago, metallion said:

wordsmith- I am very interested in the Bagster seat. Do you feel as though it addresses the forward slope of the stock GT seat? That is my biggest issue with it. I constantly find myself having to skooch back. Thanks. 

I'll try to find some side-on pix and if lucky will post them here.

LATER EDIT: success!   Side-on pic below, seat in higher position.   No forward slope evident.   For more of my ramblings and pix on this subject, go to the Tracer 900 General Forums, then to the Tracer GT discussions, where from Nov 2019 you'll find plenty under the heading "Love at first sit....".  Hopefully you'll find it both useful and interesting... good luck!

P1060088.JPG 

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

wordsmith- Thank you for the photo. You actually answered a couple questions that i emailed to Bagster. I asked if the seat can still be used in both positions. I also asked them if the black woven suede material was water absorbing. When i think of black suede it makes me think back to when i was shopping seats for my XSR900. The Yamaha comfort seat for the XSR is literally black suede. Kind of like corduroy pants from the 70's. Your photo is a big help and much more real-life than the internet photo. The piping even looks like a match to the Yamaha "blurple" color.

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

Glad it helped.   if anything, there are maybe too many options from the BAGSTER configerateur - I think I counted about 74 possible choices once!   

In earlier times - referring to your water-absorption query - there were minor issues about the seat not being water-proof in event of rain or hosing-down: Bagster now, and for quite some time past, has put a thin plastic membrane between the seat cover and inner foam, thus keeping it quite waterproof.   I've had three Bagsters seats, including for the GT, and never experienced any water-logging! 

• Thumbsup 3

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

On 4/23/2020 at 10:24 AM, wordsmith said:

Glad it helped.   if anything, there are maybe too many options from the BAGSTER configerateur - I think I counted about 74 possible choices once!   

In earlier times - referring to your water-absorption query - there were minor issues about the seat not being water-proof in event of rain or hosing-down: Bagster now, and for quite some time past, has put a thin plastic membrane between the seat cover and inner foam, thus keeping it quite waterproof.   I've had three Bagsters seats, including for the GT, and never experienced any water-logging! 

wordsmith- I ordered my Bagster seat last night from a Bagster retailer called ChromeBurner in the Netherlands that member BBB had mentioned. They had the exact seat i wanted in stock and it's shipping out today. Ready Luxe with Bultex foam and  the blue piping/stitching. The retailers that others had mentioned had great pricing as well but were generally 2-4 weeks lead time. I'm still holding onto hopes of being able to make my Smoky Mountain Dragon trip in 3 weeks so i went with ChromeBurner since it should arrive the soonest.

They answered my email before i ordered and confirmed what you said. The seat is waterproof and can be used in both hi and low positions. I read your past posts/ reviews on the seat and saw your photos. Thank you for taking the time to interact with me about the seat and helping me pull the trigger on a brand of seat that is very foreign to me. Literally since i'm in the US.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 minutes ago, metallion said:

I'm still holding onto hopes of being able to make my Smoky Mountain Dragon trip in 3 weeks so i went with ChromeBurner since it should arrive the soonest.

I hope you have better luck with timely shipping than I have.  I ordered the Speedo Angels nano-glass screen protector almost a month ago from the U.K.  They have been very helpful but there has been issues with deliveries.  Here was their response.

Hi Brian,

We are sorry to hear that your order has not yet arrived. As I am sure you are aware, the global situation with Coronavirus has had a very large impact on businesses. This also includes delivery companies who have many staff off sick or who cannot work. Normally your item would have arrived by now. We have been speaking with the delivery companies and they have told us that we have to inform customers that there will be delays, but they are trying to deliver items as quickly as possible. We please ask that you allow some more time for the delivery and of course, if your item does not arrive we can send you a replacement item or we can refund you. Can you please allow an extra 10 days and let us know if your item has still not arrived, then we will help you.

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Regards
Matt - Speedo Angels

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

10 minutes ago, betoney said:

I hope you have better luck with timely shipping than I have.  I ordered the Speedo Angels nano-glass screen protector almost a month ago from the U.K.  They have been very helpful but there has been issues with deliveries.  Here was their response.

Hi Brian,

We are sorry to hear that your order has not yet arrived. As I am sure you are aware, the global situation with Coronavirus has had a very large impact on businesses. This also includes delivery companies who have many staff off sick or who cannot work. Normally your item would have arrived by now. We have been speaking with the delivery companies and they have told us that we have to inform customers that there will be delays, but they are trying to deliver items as quickly as possible. We please ask that you allow some more time for the delivery and of course, if your item does not arrive we can send you a replacement item or we can refund you. Can you please allow an extra 10 days and let us know if your item has still not arrived, then we will help you.

We apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

Regards
Matt - Speedo Angels

I just ordered a Speedo Angels nano glass kit also but i bought it from their ebay store. I ordered it on April 14th and received it just yesterday on April 23rd so i thought that was pretty fast from the UK. Those things are awesome. I put one on my XSR900 and FJ-09 last summer also.  I hope you get yours soon. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, metallion said:

wordsmith- I ordered my Bagster seat last night from a Bagster retailer called ChromeBurner in the Netherlands that member BBB had mentioned. They had the exact seat i wanted in stock and it's shipping out today. Ready Luxe with Bultex foam and  the blue piping/stitching. The retailers that others had mentioned had great pricing as well but were generally 2-4 weeks lead time. I'm still holding onto hopes of being able to make my Smoky Mountain Dragon trip in 3 weeks so i went with ChromeBurner since it should arrive the soonest.

They answered my email before i ordered and confirmed what you said. The seat is waterproof and can be used in both hi and low positions. I read your past posts/ reviews on the seat and saw your photos. Thank you for taking the time to interact with me about the seat and helping me pull the trigger on a brand of seat that is very foreign to me. Literally since i'm in the US.

Y're more than welcome, metallion.   Chromeburner gets excellent reviews here, as do the Bagster products, so you should be happy.   Only thing is the current lengthy delays in shipping: I ordered yesterday a side-stand enlarger pad for my bike - it's gonna take up to seven (7) weeks to arrive.   But I guess we can only be patient!

Please let us all know your impressions once you've received and tried the new perch. 

• Thumbsup 1

Thanks for this thread...been on the fence whether to get my seat customized or order a new one, had looked at the Bagster site but too many options to make up my mind.  Just ordered one from Chromeburner.... Henry Ford had the right idea when he said you can have any color you want as long as it's black!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
8 minutes ago, Fat Jeff said:

Henry Ford had the right idea when he said you can have any color you want as long as it's black!

When you're sitting on it, no one can see it anyway.  As long as its comfortable.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

11 hours ago, Fat Jeff said:

Thanks for this thread...been on the fence whether to get my seat customized or order a new one, had looked at the Bagster site but too many options to make up my mind.  Just ordered one from Chromeburner.... Henry Ford had the right idea when he said you can have any color you want as long as it's black!

Your welcome Jeff, i thought the same thing about all the choices. I originally started specking out a multi-colored seat. Then i saw that they were closed for a while then re-opened on limited staff so i changed my mind. Over the winter i special ordered a custom Corbin cafe seat with 4 colors for my XSR that really fit the retro vibe of that bike. I decided to keep it simple for the Tracer so I started looking at the other retailers that members had mentioned on my thread. Turns out that Chromeburner had the exact simple black & blue bultex seat that i wanted right in stock. It shipped out yesterday and tracking# says it ETA is May 4th. Obviously that's not etched in stone but at least it's on the way. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

I have the yamaha comfort seat arriving tomorrow.
Personally all the custom seat options I've seen look like something that belongs on a 90's wave runner. Blech.🤢

If it works for me great, i never had a real problem with the oem seat but would like a little more support.
If it fails miserably, I have an extra pan to bring to the local seat guy and have him work his magic with styling from this decade.