New Tracer GT owner researching seat options

1 hour ago, PhotoAl said:

in response to @craz1 i think the Bagster is a little bit higher than the standard seat but haven't put them side by side.  Prepping bike for a long trip but if I get time will post up a pic of them side by side.  

COVID snarled production and inventory but now that we are coming out (life if pretty much back to normal here) there is a lot of pent up demand that is compounding the problem.  Last June took a long trip to SD then down the Utah.  It sure was nice not having so many folks on the road but a hassle having to go thru a drive thru to get food and then stand next to bike while eating.

Thanks, the stock seat is about a 300 mile seat for me so far so that's not to bad. I do like the look of the Bagster seat. Let is know how it performed for you

I've posted a couple of times about it.  Traded bikes in Sioux Falls SD (1,400 miles from home) in the middle of trip that didnt work as planned.  I literally rode in on my BMW F800GT moved all my gear to the new Tracer GT and rode 110 miles to where I was staying.  Stock everything!  I did put the ole AirHawk seat on the Tracer GT.  3 days later was back for first service with 629 miles on it.

Seat was OK windscreen no so good but set out for home.  1st day was easy as it was only 250 miles or so.  Second day was 500 miles and temperatures up to 96F.  Seat was good but not perfect.  At the end of the day was squirming around a little but better than the BMW with the comfort seat.  Was tired from heat and buffeting so split the last day into two 250 mile days.

In April rode up to near Kansas City to get Bagster seat.  On the way up the standard seat with the AirHawk was good but not perfect.  Bought Bagster and used it on the way back.  1st day just the Bagster - it was firm, almost too firm so put AirHawk on for the near 600 mile day.  Best seat combination I've had, did 560 miles with just three stops.  When I stop for gas I get a coke and drink it,  use the restroom and get on the bike and ride till I need fuel.  2nd stop was gas and lunch so a longer break, last stop was fuel, coke and restroom then ride home.

If you look at my AirHawk it looks like an air mattress someone has let the air out of!  Just a little bit of airbus that's what works for me.

I've wondered if the Bagster was worth the cost?  It's not a perfect seat but works well for me and after1,000 mile with it is very comfortable for me.  Seats take time to break in.

I have had my 2021 a little over a week. I have the same issues as I’ve seen in this thread. The main one being the slight slant forward. The foam density is firm, which I like. I have tried shimming the front of the seat up a little. It might have helped a bit. 
One problem us ‘21 owners might have is replacement availability. I don’t even see ours listed on sites, example Corbin. I’m a Corbin fan and have had many. The Bagster is an unknown to me, but sounds interesting. Maybe save some $. 

Edited by tclhb
  • Thumbsup 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have the standard Bagster seat and it's just right for me. It it were any softer I'd sink in too deep and hit the pan. Way better than the stock seat. However, the seat slope is the same. I have no idea why Japanese bikes are made with excessive slope towards the tank. 

• Thumbsup 1

I didn't ride my bike for 1.5 years due to work and covid.  Then, did a trip through TX-CO-WY-SD and back to TX.

Day 1 was 600 miles and the following days were between 350-500.
The last day was 1145 from SD to TX.

The Corbin seat was great and never had any pain other than the usual for just getting used to the bike again.  The stock seat is a torture device.

On 6/14/2021 at 9:48 AM, craz1 said:

Thanks, the stock seat is about a 300 mile seat for me so far so that's not to bad. I do like the look of the Bagster seat. Let is know how it performed for you

Revzilla advised they have the Yamaha Comfort seat in stock, much cheaper than Bagster, Corbin, Sargent. You might try to find someone nearby who has a seat of your interest and see if they would let you try it briefly. Would give some sense of that brand. FWIW. Good luck with your hunt!

• 1 year later...
On 4/22/2020 at 1:02 AM, Coop said:

You are correct about the Corbin seat being tall.  I've never ridden another brand on my old ST so I'm a Corbinoholic.

Can you move your arse back in the seat to stretch the legs a bit or is one sort of locked in to a possie? I have read elsewhere that someone couldn't push their butt back with the Corbin. I do this alot on longer rides.

• Premium Member

Last fall I finally got fed up with discomfort and, on the advice of some friends, ordered the legendary Russell Day-Long saddle.  With 2k miles on the seat I rode 2.5 hours non-stop yesterday with no problem.  I totaled 350 miles for the day with no need for a break.  I know some don't like the looks and it is more expensive than other options, but so far I think it is worth it.  I plan to keep the bike for a few more years, so I hope continued comfort will pay off as I rack up more miles.

The seat adds 2 inches or so to the ride height.  On the FJ this works fine for me.  I enjoy the view from a higher perch and the longer reach to the foot pegs.  There are more dead bugs on my face shield now, though.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

• Supporting Member
22 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Can you move your arse back in the seat to stretch the legs a bit or is one sort of locked in to a possie? 

The Corbin I had on my 2017 allowed me to slide back for comfort and slide forward when coming to a stop. I have shorter legs, so this may have been a factor.,

• Thanks 1