The aftermath of a wee 2 hour ride today...

Had a lovely ride out, around lots of really twisty roads, working on my roadcraft, and trying to work on my chicken strips a wee bit as well.

Roasting hot (for Scotland at least).

Parked the bike, went for a wee walk to cool down, and came back to find my front left indicator hanging off the bike. Somebody must have whacked it deliberately, because there was no other damage to the bike. Fortunately, I had some electricians tape, and was able to tape it in place enough to get home.

Super annoyed. I mean, why do folk do things like that?

20200812_144632.jpg

20200812_144821.jpg

20200812_161440.jpg

20200812_132411.jpg

• Sad 1

The only thing I can think is someone has let their kids sit on the bike, and one of them has stood on it.

It was totally hanging there.

As you say, it could have been worse. Years ago I left college, went to the car park to get the bike and it was lying on it's side :)

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BBB said:

Shite news @Stew. Will it go back in if it popped out, or is it damaged?

I think it is broken. I'll look tomorrow, I canny be bothered today. I'm tired and dehydrated. All my bike gear was soaking with sweat, so it's all been through the washing machine and hanging out to dry now :)

I need to strip the bike a bit anyway to plug in that booster thingy :)

• Thumbsup 1

11 minutes ago, Stew said:

The only thing I can think is someone has let their kids sit on the bike, and one of them has stood on it.

It was totally hanging there.

As you say, it could have been worse. Years ago I left college, went to the car park to get the bike and it was lying on it's side :)

I have definitely had to yell at kids that saw motorcycle, thought, “awesome”, dropped whatever they were doing and sprinted to it to start climbing up. They just grab whatever looks like a convenient hand hold too. *If* there’s parents around (usually not) I politely (loudly and angrily) explain that their child was almost crushed into hamburger by 460 pounds of metal, and the funeral budget would have had to be trimmed to pay for my repairs. 

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

Ugh, that sucks.  Nothing worse than a 'door ding' and whatnot.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

10 minutes ago, angrygirafe said:

I have definitely had to yell at kids that saw motorcycle, thought, “awesome”, dropped whatever they were doing and sprinted to it to start climbing up. They just grab whatever looks like a convenient hand hold too. *If* there’s parents around (usually not) I politely (loudly and angrily) explain that their child was almost crushed into hamburger by 460 pounds of metal, and the funeral budget would have had to be trimmed to pay for my repairs. 

same. If their parents are around , I tell them no problem if they lift them on (with the bike on the centresand) , otherwise they are going to get a proper nasty burn or pancaked into the tarmac.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

'Front Flush Mount LED Running + Turn Signal Lights'

Time to upgrade? Search ebay..

Sorry for your damage. That sucks!

s-l400.jpg

2009-2017 Yamaha FZ6R & 2015-2017 FJ-09 Flush Mount LED Front Turn...

• Thanks 1

At work in the 70's (military), I had a Honda 500/4, and someone put iron filings in the oil filler. Must have really pissed someone off. Another bike in the area had his shocks reset to hard' and the other soft.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member

I once parked near work and later had to leave for a job site. I then found that a cager had dragged my 88 NT650 Hawk GT (Revere? Super nice bike, called it my Urban Assault Vehicle) to the end of the spot and parked his car in it, making it appear I had come after and squeezed in between two spots.  Needles to say I was POd especially so because it had a U-lock on the locked forks!

Even though there were a couple of coppers across Congress parkway, I did a double triple jump on the offending car, and a once around; i.e., jumped up on the hood, then roof, then trunk, stomping a each position, then back again, then down and around kicking each fender and door in a circuit with my heavy boots.

Yes, maybe excessive but twisted triple trees can kill you and I was 30 years younger.

I then left but when I returned a couple hours later I parked in the South Grant Park underground garage. Walking back to the office I noticed a guy carrying an umbrella and newspaper heading for the line of parking spaces, so I waited a minute and sure enough the guy stopped at the car, looked at the driver's side, then walked all around inspecting the damage. He never said a word or uttered an expletive, or reacted in any physical manner.  He then got in and drove away.  I'm SURE he new he phucked up by moving my bike and was resigned to the fact he could make an insurance claim, and happy that it was his car's body that got banged up and not his own...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1