Beating a dead horse but

Etrinks

I know this topic is old but can’t seem to find a Puig touring screen other than “dark”. Does anyone have an opinion or uses a National Cycle VStream screen? Would like to get one for the colder months. Thanks!

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Etrinks said:

I know this topic is old but can’t seem to find a Puig touring screen other than “dark”. Does anyone have an opinion or uses a National Cycle VStream screen? Would like to get one for the colder months. Thanks!

Don't. Get the Madstad.

I've had both the medium and large V-Streams, plus a 26" Madstad. I found both V-Streams to be loud and buffety; not as bad as the stock screen, but not a whole lot better. The Madstad offers way more adjustability regardless of which size you get. 

• Thumbsup 4

2 hours ago, keithu said:

Don't. Get the Madstad.

I've had both the medium and large V-Streams, plus a 26" Madstad. I found both V-Streams to be loud and buffety; not as bad as the stock screen, but not a whole lot better. The Madstad offers way more adjustability regardless of which size you get. 

Thanks keithu!

6 hours ago, bowlin01 said:

@Etrinks I have the clear Puig touring screen with 'adjustable lip' looks awful (IMO) but does the job of curing the terrible buffeting from the oem screen.

IMG_6825.JPG

Yes that doesn’t look that good. I was told by puig that delivery isn’t until May 2021. Thanks for the info

Without the adjustable lip the puig touring screen in clear Looks fine IMO.   In dark I think it’s hideous.   But it’s real good on high speed riding.  For me at least.

Edited by Clegg78
  • Thumbsup 1

Only one really good advice to give here:

Try, try, try (before you buy).

I've bought the Madstad based on all the good reviews. I thought it was a no-brainer. Turns out the Madstad was worse than a Vstream with a vario screen on top. But the Madstad had cost me 420 euro...and returning it would have been a very costly business (from Europe).

So it is a very personal thing. Don't take anyone's word for it. You really need to go and test it yourself.

• Thumbsup 2

3 hours ago, Michiel900GT said:

Only one really good advice to give here:

Try, try, try (before you buy).

I've bought the Madstad based on all the good reviews. I thought it was a no-brainer. Turns out the Madstad was worse than a Vstream with a vario screen on top. But the Madstad had cost me 420 euro...and returning it would have been a very costly business (from Europe).

So it is a very personal thing. Don't take anyone's word for it. You really need to go and test it yourself.

Agreed! I got the Puig touring and find am better off with zero screen, at least for me is 365 days hot and humid. Tested in rain and it’s superb. Best is to try out as sadly I only read it from review here and there. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, WKE002 said:

Agreed! I got the Puig touring and find am better off with zero screen, at least for me is 365 days hot and humid. Tested in rain and it’s superb. Best is to try out as sadly I only read it from review here and there. 

Agreed.  In nice weather, the answer is simple: the smallest screen you can find or no screen at all.  In winter or rainy conditions it can surely take some trial and error to find something that works for YOU. 

As others have mentioned, screen selection is VERY subjective and one brand/style will NOT work for everyone.

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Vstream gets a NO vote from me.  Did not do a good job and they charge a restocking fee on returns.  Never get my business again.  Calsci is a barn door, but if you want no air at all it might work for you.  I would love to experiment with other screens with the "vent" that Calsci incorporates.   I have been using the Puig and it's not perfect, but I'm not willing to invest in any more shipping charges, etc.

Thanks everyone! I do agree that in the hotter months I would want the smallest screen possible. The wind doesn’t bother me at all as long as it’s clean. But for the colder months here in PA a larger screen would be nice. Not anything too large that is. I like the idea CalSci has with the “vent” in their screen. I know everyone has their own opinion on looks, What looks good to one might look horrible to others. But that is why we can do what we want to our own motorcycle. I will check out the MRA . Again thanks for all the suggestions !

On 10/28/2020 at 1:28 PM, Etrinks said:

What was the question again?  Was it blonde or redhead?  What oil, what windshield, which politician, which condom?  All these subjects and many more are subjective, although I do recommend the purple glow in the dark condom  as headwear if you don't have an umbrella.  If possible try things out for yourself, even the redhead.