Crap.

8 hours ago, Toddtr said:

Yet you keep replying so it must mean that you like me a lot. Although I’m very flattered I’m not that kind of guy, sorry if that hurts your feelings. Possibly a google search can help you out in your future endeavors, good luck and I hope you find what you’re looking for. 

Bless your heart.........

The most Southern 'phuck you' there is. Can be put at the end of a...

Edited by Ride365
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Ride365 said:

What exactly is a Todd? A Todd is a hyper-sexual man-baby that bitches...

I plan to sell the bike and let the second owner adjust the chain slack. This sounds too complicated for me. 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, nhchris said:

Got it @betoney.

I must admit that I see chain and sprockets as consumables and, like oil, nice to replace on a regular basis... maybe every two years.  They are really cheap money compared to lots of other items and easy to work on.

I used to feel that way about spark plugs also,  before bought the FJ!

Please clarify what you mean about the spark plugs in the FJ

1 hour ago, Ride365 said:

I want to apologize. You and some of the others here are getting your info from places like Urban Dictionary and I finally put 2 and 2 together. It’s not that you don’t understand that the Yamaha parts are fine, it’s just that you are uninformed and don’t know any better. You believe anything you read.....a few say it’s bad so the part is bad, again it’s just you don’t know any better. I’m sorry the system failed you, maybe one day you will figure it out but it’s pretty clear you can’t.....sorry. 

For this occasional mechanic...

Changing spark plugs on the FJ is another maintenance ordeal requiring disassembly of much of the upper part of the engine as one digs down to the level of the plugs and then wrestles the coil packs off to get a socket on the little devils.

A project not to be taken lightly or done on a whim!

Edited by nhchris
  • Thumbsup 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, koth442 said:

Todd has been shown the door for violating rules of the forum. He was walking the fine line for a long while and I think we gave him plenty of chances to behave and let it go. 

From line item #7 in our moderator instructions: "...being mean to another poster, harassing, & trying to argue..."

What do you mean we can't argue? What kind of Forum is this anyway.......

just kidding!

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, nhchris said:

For this occasional mechanic...

Changing spark plugs on the FJ is another maintenance ordeal requiring disassembly of much of the upper part of the engine as one digs down to the level of the plugs and then wrestles the coil packs off to get a socket on the little devils.

A project not to be taken lightly or done on a whim!

FYI  You can access the spark plugs without removing any bodywork or the fuel tank and air Box

By removing the screws on either side of the top of the radiator and then tipping forward the radiator AFTER putting a towel on the Fender and disconnecting the Coolant overflow hoses.  the spark plugs are then readily accessible

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, koth442 said:

Todd has been shown the door for violating rules of the forum. He was walking the fine line for a long while and I think we gave him plenty of chances to behave and let it go. 

From line item #7 in our moderator instructions: "...being mean to another poster, harassing, & trying to argue..."

Hard to believe we use words like "behave". Cracks me up. You have to go out of your way to be like that on this forum. So much helpful information. Good riddance. 

I never did hear how @betoney messed up his piece of aluminum. I know how I trashed mine. Probably shouldn't be wrenching on my scooter. Ha.

• Haha 1

• Supporting Member
13 minutes ago, fr8dog said:

I never did hear how @betoney messed up his piece of aluminum. I know how I trashed mine. Probably shouldn't be wrenching on my scooter. Ha.

Actually, that photo wasn’t mine, I just copied it from another post as an example as to what the issue is with these axle blocks. 

• Haha 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

5 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

FYI  You can access the spark plugs without removing any bodywork or the fuel tank and air Box

By removing the screws on either side of the top of the radiator and then tipping forward the radiator AFTER putting a towel on the Fender and disconnecting the Coolant overflow hoses.  the spark plugs are then readily accessible

Really??  Do you have any pics of the bike showing the plugs with the radiator dropped?

Maybe I WILL change the plugs this winter!

Thanks

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, nhchris said:

Really??  Do you have any pics of the bike showing the plugs with the radiator dropped?

Maybe I WILL change the plugs this winter!

Thanks

Removing the front fairing lower panels that have the turn signals (like if you were replacing a fuse) makes it even easier, and you can flush & fill the cooling system while you're at it.

Paper towel is in the valve cover spark plug holes in the bottom photo.  I also indexed the new spark plugs with indexing washers (look it up).

BTW, the AIS was turned off with the ECU flash, and instead of block off plates, I flipped the valve cover AIS reed valve stops and siliconed down the reed flappers themselves (and plugged the nipples with silicone too) after removing the AIS valve and plumbing.

20180512_174736.jpg

20180512_181526.jpg

20180512_182030.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 2