What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

3 minutes ago, koth442 said:

That should be more than adequate. But no matter what you buy, you'll undoubtedly fill it up and wish it was bigger :)

I believe that is one of the universal laws.

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

I won't make you guys jealous about my heated and air conditioned carpeted lights you need sunglasses 20ft to workbench tool chest handy lift 5 1/2 foot pocket door to come in off the main garage Tunes Wi-Fi fridge task lighting  5 gal water heater and slop sink, shelving, etc

no I won't make you guys jealous

There's only three dazsus type Fasteners that hold on the side panel easy peasy with a 4 mm hex wrench easy peasy look at the owners manual under the saddle 

3 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I won't make you guys jealous about my heated and air conditioned carpeted lights you need sunglasses 20ft to workbench tool chest handy lift 5 1/2 foot pocket door to come in off the main garage Tunes Wi-Fi fridge task lighting  5 gal water heater and slop sink, shelving, etc

no I won't make you guys jealous

There's only three dazsus type Fasteners that hold on the side panel easy peasy with a 4 mm hex wrench easy peasy look at the owners manual under the saddle 

I'd love to if there was one there, but the only thing under the seat is the wee screwdriver and handle that clip onto the seat itself :)

I had a massive big double garage, 4 bikes and a car in it, all my tools hanging on the walls, big workbench, everything. Man, I spent so much time in there. I used to buy tired bikes off ebay, do them up, and sell them on.

And all 3 fasteners are present. It's the bottom of it that is flapping in the breeze, I couldnt see any sort of fastener there at all. I know that on the left side one there is a slot and groove thing, maybe there is similar on the rhs and it has broken or something wierdy. But it'll have to wait, storm about to start.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Take a picture and post it so we know what you're talking about I'm sure it's no big deal unless something broke

I too used to buy Basket cases and restore them for side money but I've always kept my garage, I had two at one time

my current one at home I built the garage and designed the shop attached to it with its own Electric power meter underground water and telephone the whole nine yards even have an ups system for power outages

It's the Bret cave, somewhere to escape as it's not attached to the house plenty of room for a cot when she who must be obeyed has me on her shit list

Which after 40 years I still find myself on all too frequently

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Take a picture and post it so we know what you're talking about I'm sure it's no big deal unless something broke

I too used to buy Basket cases and restore them for side money but I've always kept my garage, I had two at one time

my current one at home I built the garage and designed the shop attached to it with its own Electric power meter underground water and telephone the whole nine yards even have an ups system for power outages

It's the Bret cave, somewhere to escape as it's not attached to the house plenty of room for a cot when she who must be obeyed has me on her shit list

Which after 40 years I still find myself on all too frequently

Will do, cheers. Mibbe be a day or 2 till I can get the cover off now though.

1 hour ago, Stew said:

Been looking at sheds this evening online, 12ft long * 8ft, what you guys reckon to that size for sticking the bike in, and being able to fiddle around with it? (double doors of course)

I bought a 12 foot wide by 20 foot long. Double doors at both ends. I put the wall at 12 foot on my motorcycle side and 8 foot on the shed side. 12 by 12 is just enough. I'd do 12 by 12 or 12 by 14 if you can. I'll try with these pix to show you the size with bikes in it.1251029840_iphonepix090.thumb.JPG.901a4e5f5373c6193306b94735de9979.JPG245017743_iphonepix103.thumb.JPG.20ee10f663e5edbb812cf19a56cbbe19.JPGIMG_5834.thumb.JPG.39cedc8bc0b0472a8c21d15dd3c241eb.JPGIMG_5838.thumb.JPG.e2917e397c0991a46b0236c531bdb908.JPG

Edited by tktplz
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

Hi everyone, hope you are all safe and well! Been absent for reasons I won’t bore you with, but have made some changes to the bike (not today... disclaimer). Added Cobrra chain oiler this spring, but as I had to wait 2.5 months for a part from Japan I only got to really try it out over two full days of riding this past weekend. Very happy with it. Relatively easy install and completely independent. Made a mess on driveway figuring it all out lol.. but par for the course. The gist of it is that it works by compression. You fill up reservoir and every 200-300km (unless on dirt roads) you turn lid 1/4 turn, and chain gets trickle lubed for about 5 minutes. I wasn’t 100% sure about switching from wax and cleaning to permanent install, so this was a great compromise for me to try out the chain oiler option. Final judgement: I am keeping it.

160B2720-C84C-40FC-A47F-9BC0CC387CCF.jpeg

8BA58519-9B14-44B3-B794-3307BF49E38B.jpeg

2157FA65-566B-4F9E-94A8-0D1E15392F4D.jpeg

Edited by fj09viking
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tktplz said:

I bought a 12 foot wide by 20 foot long. Double doors at both ends. I put the wall at 12 foot on my motorcycle side and 8 foot on the shed side. 12 by 12 is just enough. I'd do 12 by 12 or 12 by 14 if you can. I'll try with these pix to show you the size with bikes in it.1251029840_iphonepix090.thumb.JPG.901a4e5f5373c6193306b94735de9979.JPG245017743_iphonepix103.thumb.JPG.20ee10f663e5edbb812cf19a56cbbe19.JPGIMG_5834.thumb.JPG.39cedc8bc0b0472a8c21d15dd3c241eb.JPGIMG_5838.thumb.JPG.e2917e397c0991a46b0236c531bdb908.JPG

That's brilliant. Thank you very much, gives me a good feel for it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stew said:

And all 3 fasteners are present. It's the bottom of it that is flapping in the breeze, I couldnt see any sort of fastener there at all. I know that on the left side one there is a slot and groove thing, maybe there is similar on the rhs and it has broken or something wierdy. But it'll have to wait, storm about to start.

Both sides are symmetrical @Stew, so there should be the same slot/peg arrangement to hold the bottom of the panel.

• Thanks 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

2 hours ago, BBB said:

Both sides are symmetrical @Stew, so there should be the same slot/peg arrangement to hold the bottom of the panel.

Excellente. Thank you. I'll sort that out when the storm passes. It may be that somehow the slot/peg thing has broken, as it is down there that it is flapping about :)

20 hours ago, Stew said:

Been looking at sheds this evening online, 12ft long * 8ft, what you guys reckon to that size for sticking the bike in, and being able to fiddle around with it? (double doors of course)

More importantly, what size is your kitchen? It has everything you need. A kettle, parts (dish) washer, heater, storage and every tool (knives, spoons, measuring jugs) you need for servicing, and somewhere to charge your mobile. You’ll need that to order takeaways since the oven will be used for baking vht paint on parts.

• Thumbsup 2

20 hours ago, Stew said:

More importantly, what size is your kitchen? It has everything you need. A kettle, parts (dish) washer, heater, storage and every tool (knives, spoons, measuring jugs) you need for servicing, and somewhere to charge your mobile. You’ll need that to order takeaways since the oven will be used for baking vht paint on parts.

1 hour ago, Tripletrouble said:

I tried to get the vstrom into the house last year, as I have a bedroom that I don't use, and was going to strip it and work on it there. Sadly I have several issues that mean I can't. It wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
My mother still talks about the time I boiled a chain in a tin of chainwax stuff in the kitchen when I was young. And when I had a bike engine in my bedroom. I may have photos somewhere :)