What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
On 8/19/2020 at 3:43 PM, Stew said:

I only weigh 130lbs dripping wet

Are those our Treasonous Colonial pounds, or some special Imperial pound that has like a 1.25 multiplier?   

For reference, my middle school yearbook indicates that I started wrestling in seventh grade: 12 years old, 162 pounds.  

2 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Are those our Treasonous Colonial pounds, or some special Imperial pound that has like a 1.25 multiplier?   

For reference, my middle school yearbook indicates that I started wrestling in seventh grade: 12 years old, 162 pounds.  

Just plain ordinary normal pounds, I think.
It's a long story, but I am super thin.  I know you are just jealous because it means my bike will always be quicker, unless I have to carry a lead weight penalty as an equaliser :)

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Stew said:

Just plain ordinary normal pounds, I think.
It's a long story, but I am super thin.  I know you are just jealous because it means my bike will always be quicker, unless I have to carry a lead weight penalty as an equaliser :)

am jealous.  I'm a 6'4" 300lb guy.  Particularly on smaller bikes, I'd often need the other guy to be riding two up for a fair run :)

• Haha 2

On 8/21/2020 at 7:43 PM, Yamajank said:

Yep.  Took it off.  I’ve done it before, but just to test the noise again.  So I don’t hear the noise.  I know it’s a bit more noisy in general with no shield, but I think I can rule out the noise being from the Tracer.  I can hear the noise with the stock screen but only when I lean kind of over to the side.  Put the puig on and as soon as I get to 60 it’s like the right side of my helmet has a freaking bag pipe in it.  I noticed a flaw in the helmet that I think could be the culprit.  It’s a new scorpion, and I think you can see in the pics how the rubber seal on the right side is warped.  I can straighten it, but as soon as the visor gets opened it goes back to warped.  I have to think that the combination of the puig airflow and the bad seal make the noise happen.

99F924D1-DCE5-46CD-AD7B-3BCAC7A15465.jpeg

6C0EB98D-96FA-4833-84E9-1B067713B49D.jpeg

Well, I don't think the helmet is the noise.  I rode without the helmet.  Hit 60mph and it's bad.  So it has to be the Puig.  I don't know why I didn't notice it when I first tried it out though!  I can't believe it wasn't there before and now it is.  Anyone else with the Puig shield hear a noise?  I'm 5'9" and I can make it go away if I crouch down, but where I want to sit comfortably...it's horrible.  If I can't return it to Revzilla, I might be experimenting with some cutting.

19 hours ago, trevinator said:

added some new lights to my bike tonight. still have to wire up the halos to the running lights so they come on with the key (anyone happen to know where i could tap into for that??

117800814_3161414797305407_4538835897039841351_o.jpg

118397323_3161414827305404_5152508349362905510_o.jpg

Under the dash there are some connector blocks already fused. That’s were I connected mine, but added an inline switch so I could turn them off independently  if I wanted. 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, trevinator said:

added some new lights to my bike tonight. still have to wire up the halos to the running lights so they come on with the key (anyone happen to know where i could tap into for that??

Yeah, behind the dash (take off windshield -> windshield bracket -> metal plate there are two connectors that aren't connected to anything.  One is intended to install the second power port (throttle side of the dash, has a rubber plug that covers the hole) and the other is just an accessory one.  Both are switched.  They're fused at 2.5A however, so you're limited in how much you can draw there, but lights are fine. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tripletrouble said:

Under the dash there are some connector blocks already fused. That’s were I connected mine, but added an inline switch so I could turn them off independently  if I wanted. 

1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

Yeah, behind the dash (take off windshield -> windshield bracket -> metal plate there are two connectors that aren't connected to anything.  One is intended to install the second power port (throttle side of the dash, has a rubber plug that covers the hole) and the other is just an accessory one.  Both are switched.  They're fused at 2.5A however, so you're limited in how much you can draw there, but lights are fine. 

thank you for the help guys! got the halos fired up whenever the key goes on now thanks to this info!

oh, and i also modified a set of locks so i can finally lock the luggage on the bike! all 4 locks take the same key too.

118319641_3164333247013562_6297251255066446905_o.jpg

118396539_3164333303680223_3778010171188295838_o.jpg

118320328_3164333277013559_2671448990775785215_o.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
23 hours ago, trevinator said:

117800814_3161414797305407_4538835897039841351_o.jpg

You have some nice mods set up to suit your needs, the bike looks good! 👍

It's nice when everything is finished exactly the way you want it and you just gel with the bike.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Finally got around to fixing that indicator that was hanging off :) , then went for a great ride, with the gopro on the helmet, to show off the scenery and twisty roads here, and to show the effect of the booster plug.
Forgot to plug the stupid mic in properly though, so it is just click click clickety click. Oh well.

Then , riding home, I heard this terrible clanking noise, very very reminiscent of a camchain being in a bad way. Stopped, revved the bike a bit, couldnt hear it, so with only 3 miles to go, rode home, panicking and wanting to cry.
Turns out the bottom of the right hand front panel is/was loose, and was clattering against the crashbar.
Phew. What a strange day.

But hey, the indicator is fitted properly again, hurrah!

• Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Stew said:

Finally got around to fixing that indicator that was hanging off :) , then went for a great ride, with the gopro on the helmet, to show off the scenery and twisty roads here, and to show the effect of the booster plug.
Forgot to plug the stupid mic in properly though, so it is just click click clickety click. Oh well.

Then , riding home, I heard this terrible clanking noise, very very reminiscent of a camchain being in a bad way. Stopped, revved the bike a bit, couldnt hear it, so with only 3 miles to go, rode home, panicking and wanting to cry.
Turns out the bottom of the right hand front panel is/was loose, and was clattering against the crashbar.
Phew. What a strange day.

But hey, the indicator is fitted properly again, hurrah!

Did you lose any quick turn fasteners?

I did about a hundred and eighty-three Saturday with new rubber chain excetera wonderful wonderful just getting on and off is still a real problem LOL

• Thumbsup 2

3 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Did you lose any quick turn fasteners?

I did about a hundred and eighty-three Saturday with new rubber chain excetera wonderful wonderful just getting on and off is still a real problem LOL

I couldnt see anything missing, or any reason for it, but I've never had the rhs panel off so I dunno. It's booked in for it's 24000 mile service on Friday, and there are storms from now till then forecast, so I might just tell the guy to make sure it is tightened on again properly, 
I so wish I had a garage again. I'd sriously rather have a garage than a house. I've slept in garages plenty of times, it's no biggie.

It's always good with new tyres and chain, except for the first wee few miles scrubbing the tyres in.

3 minutes ago, Stew said:

I couldnt see anything missing, or any reason for it, but I've never had the rhs panel off so I dunno. It's booked in for it's 24000 mile service on Friday, and there are storms from now till then forecast, so I might just tell the guy to make sure it is tightened on again properly, 
I so wish I had a garage again. I'd sriously rather have a garage than a house. I've slept in garages plenty of times, it's no biggie.

It's always good with new tyres and chain, except for the first wee few miles scrubbing the tyres in.

Hah I feel this in my soul.  We moved recently, and when my wife was looking for places I said:

"I literally do not care about the house at all, whatever you like is fine with me.  My only single requirement is a garage.  That's it.  Nothing else matters."

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Wintersdark said:

Hah I feel this in my soul.  We moved recently, and when my wife was looking for places I said:

"I literally do not care about the house at all, whatever you like is fine with me.  My only single requirement is a garage.  That's it.  Nothing else matters."

Been looking at sheds this evening online, 12ft long * 8ft, what you guys reckon to that size for sticking the bike in, and being able to fiddle around with it? (double doors of course)

13 minutes ago, Stew said:

Been looking at sheds this evening online, 12ft long * 8ft, what you guys reckon to that size for sticking the bike in, and being able to fiddle around with it? (double doors of course)

That should be more than adequate. But no matter what you buy, you'll undoubtedly fill it up and wish it was bigger :)

• Thumbsup 5
  • Haha 2

'15 FJ09