What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

41 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Time to play everyone’s favorite game: ‘Plug, Patch, Replace?’

Plug unless you have a No Mar tire changer. If it's easy to pull and put a patch on the onside do that. That tire is too new to replace......

Oh yeah, nice no chicken chicken strips there bud. You can tell it's hot down Houston way. The tire is erasered even in the center.......hot roads......

Edited by tktplz
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

Shortest. Ride. Ever.  

50 feet from the driveway, and it was apparent something was amiss...  steering like a truck, TCS flashing away.    Yes, that’s TWO separate nails in the same tire.  :( 

Time to play everyone’s favorite game: ‘Plug, Patch, Replace?’

CA850EEF-25B1-4213-917B-38E5CAA06651.thumb.jpeg.f3419804455382b3108c15fadfb613a8.jpeg

Get a new tire.  Your life is worth 140 bucks at least!

Plus, every time you roll past 90 mph you don't want distracting "I got a plugged tire" thought to ruin the fun.

• Thumbsup 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Went for a camping trip.  Riding great. Sleeping on the ground not so much!

load.JPG

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Supporting Member
On 8/14/2020 at 10:46 PM, dazzler24 said:

They do look quite slimline.  What are you doing about your highway pegs now?  Weren't you using a pair of crash bobbins on the front engine mounts for that purpose?  However, I guess you have the bars now to mount a pair of actual pegs to.

Looks good.

After getting them installed, I did a 'test fit' in the garage.  The top portion is large enough to rest my feet flat like a step or floor board and the forward mount portion is still wide enough to rest the back of my ankles on like I did before. 👍

image.png

image.png

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 8/15/2020 at 9:21 AM, northsouth said:

I like these. I assume they would fit a 2020 GT? I'm pretty sure they are all the same but I don't see that listed on RD Motos website.

I have the Heed crash bars and love them, plus I can rest my legs on them when I need a stretch!

1AB06ECC-2C55-4B24-916F-14ADD1B57E4E.jpeg

C448A0D1-AEEA-4991-B501-75EBF1841910.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, reiny said:

I have the Heed crash bars and love them, plus I can rest my legs on them when I need a stretch!

1AB06ECC-2C55-4B24-916F-14ADD1B57E4E.jpeg

C448A0D1-AEEA-4991-B501-75EBF1841910.jpeg

Hmmm, I do like the look of them, nice and protective of the expensive bits. I could be tempted to switch to those instead of the ones I have at the moment, especially if you can have a stretch out with them.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, betoney said:

After getting them installed, I did a 'test fit' in the garage.  The top portion is large enough to rest my feet flat like a step or floor board and the forward mount portion is still wide enough to rest the back of my ankles on like I did before. 👍

image.png

image.png

That's pretty good does it block the access plug for the crank Bolt on the left side?

2 hours ago, nhchris said:

Went for a camping trip.  Riding great. Sleeping on the ground not so much!

I camped a couple of times in Arkansas and both times got chiggers. There is no more camping in Arkansas, PERIOD!

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
30 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

That's pretty good does it block the access plug for the crank Bolt on the left side?

After you posted that, I went out and looked and yes, it does block access to the top half.  I guess that side will have to be removed every 25-26k miles.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

46 minutes ago, betoney said:

After you posted that, I went out and looked and yes, it does block access to the top half.  I guess that side will have to be removed every 25-26k miles.

What a total chore :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I like those do you have a link for them are they available in the US how much did you pay for them Canadian?

500_500_productGfx_2546a197ded85b0c114a3

Lower crash bars for Yamaha MT-09 / MT-09 Tracer 900 / GT.

At the time(May 2020) they ended up costing me $253.26 Canadian, which also included shipping.

2 hours ago, Stew said:

Hmmm, I do like the look of them, nice and protective of the expensive bits. I could be tempted to switch to those instead of the ones I have at the moment, especially if you can have a stretch out with them.

The leg rest isn't perfect of course, but it's good enough for a couple of minutes to give the legs a stretch

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
18 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Sorry, you Canuks and the Aussies really get hosed...

So hosed in fact that the bars betony bought aren't even offered to us Aussies - Does not ship to Australia!

Probably because after shipping and tax it would be cheaper to pay off your house! 😏

50 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

So hosed in fact that the bars betony bought aren't even offered to us Aussies - Does not ship to Australia!

Probably because after shipping and tax it would be cheaper to pay off your house! 😏

If you knew how much the postage was, and it was worth the price, I'd be happy to get any bits like that for any Aussies and post them on.
The postage is probably the killer bit though, and I dunno how you'd work it out.
But the offer is there if it is any use.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1