What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

35 minutes ago, Stew said:

I need to figure out how this contraption fits back on, then I can get out and test the Booster Plug...

It is the top right radiator bolt brass spring nut thingy :)

Anyone able to help me out, I'll treat you to an ice cream.

20200813_133358[1].jpg

20200813_133324[1].jpg

It looks like the other ones that just slide over the hole...

I like vanilla...

• Thanks 1

Blue Lives Matter

Just now, Tango said:

It looks like the other ones that just slide over the hole...

I like vanilla...

Put me in touch with a local delivery company, that accept online orders, and I will hold up to my end of the deal. (pm me a link or whatever)

I'm going to face taking it all apart again shortly, but I've got some sort of stye in my eye, so I am currently monocular , so that should help (NOT!)

8 minutes ago, Stew said:

Put me in touch with a local delivery company, that accept online orders, and I will hold up to my end of the deal. (pm me a link or whatever)

I'm going to face taking it all apart again shortly, but I've got some sort of stye in my eye, so I am currently monocular , so that should help (NOT!)

No problem Stew. I'll take a rain check in case we ever meet.

Have you ever tried taking the front plastic off a FJR? That is a Japanese Cluster #*#*.

• Thanks 1

Blue Lives Matter

1 minute ago, Tango said:

No problem Stew. I'll take a rain check in case we ever meet.

Have you ever tried taking the front plastic off a FJR? That is a Japanese Cluster #*#*.

Once this virus insanity passes, i just might be over there to treat you.
I think it's made even more difficult by the crash bars on mine , but my goodness, what a massive load of work to take off a panel.

I'm now killing time rather than going and sorting it out , in case anyone is wondering :)
Especially since I need to take it all off again to sort the stupid indicator once the spacers arrive in a couple of days.

Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

• Thumbsup 2

I demand an air cooled carburetted twin shock minimal electronic , easily serviceable , gorgeous motorcycle, with the performance and service intervals of the MT-09. At the same price or less of course!

(and I just know someone is going for a search to find one, just to make my rage complete!) :)

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member

I don't need to search I already have one except for it having twin shocks which in my mind is more of a pain in the ass than a single shock. It's called a vtr1000f or superhawk, Firestorm to you. It's faster has more torque handles better and in my mind is one of the most beautiful Japanese bikes made with a half fairing.

I just can't Tour on it anymore due to my neck and back, maybe after my surgery this winter

20180908_162036.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I don't need to search I already have one except for it having twin shocks which in my mind is more of a pain in the ass than a single shock. It's called a vtr1000f or superhawk, Firestorm to you. It's faster has more torque handles better and in my mind is one of the most beautiful Japanese bikes made with a half fairing.

I just can't Tour on it anymore due to my neck and back, maybe after my surgery this winter.

I hear you there, I can't ride sportsbikes any more because of neck issues. I remember when the firestorm came out, it seemed a brilliant bike, and I'm sure a well looked after one like that will be a proper 'classic' , and only go up in value. (Don't be going selling it though!)

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Stew said:

I hear you there, I can't ride sportsbikes any more because of neck issues. I remember when the firestorm came out, it seemed a brilliant bike, and I'm sure a well looked after one like that will be a proper 'classic' , and only go up in value. (Don't be going selling it though!)

My wife's putting me in my leathers and other gear with a dark tinted shield on my helmet after I'm preserved and putting me on that in the living room cast in a block of acrylic as a conversation piece for her new suitors.

I think it's in pretty good shape with a hundred and eleven thousand miles and I have two spare engines and a spare frame so it's something to take out on those days I'm feeling limber along with my rd400, though I'm putting that back to stock so it'll be sit-up-and-beg from the cafe clubmans and rear sets I'll keep the chambers on which means not having a center stand.

20200805_184338.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I just can't Tour on it anymore due to my neck and back, maybe after my surgery this winter

20180908_162036.jpg

Man, looks familiar!! Sorry for the poor photo quality, it was taken over 10 years ago. It was my third bike. 

SuperChickenjpg.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ09

7 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Try removing the access panels from a 767 engine strut...

I can imagine...

It used to be fun trying to re-install the last IGV (Inlet Guide Vane) in a P&W FT4A-9... 😬

Blue Lives Matter

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, koth442 said:

Man, looks familiar!! Sorry for the poor photo quality, it was taken over 10 years ago. It was my third bike. 

SuperChickenjpg.jpg

Did faster and sleeker make you stray?  Now see what you're riding LOL

I bought it new, about my 50th bike, not lying.  I bought basket cases and restored them in San Diego as a side line while in school then working at GD Convair.  I let so many get away, mainly British (Matchless & AJS mostly with a BSA here, a Triumph and Norton there) one BMW single but two Italian and a few Nipponese like a 72 MV Agusta America 750S, 72 Ducati 750 Sport Z-Stripe, 72 Kawi KZ750 Mach IV, 75 Suzuki RE5, 81 Kawi GPz550D1, 84 Honda VF500F and 88 NT650 Hawk GT.  Never again...  If I knew then what I know now when I was younger, I'd be retired on a beach again in San Diego.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, koth442 said:

SuperChickenjpg.jpg

All this VTR talk is making me a bit misty-eyed.  I bought mine new in 1998, and sold it in 2003 to get my Aprilia Mille R.  In retrospect, I really should have just kept the SuperHawk instead.  

Mine was a do-everything workhorse, including a couple of years as my instructor mount with one of the local trackday programs.   I'm embarrassed to say the only photos I can find are low-resolution proofs with the photographer's watermark prominently displayed:  I really should have paid them to get the originals...

CRW_1862.jpg.40203a645ffbd4db1abf787a74825095.jpg

IMG_3716.jpg.bee44cc695125c962f920f9cda10387d.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

All this VTR talk is making me a bit misty-eyed.  I bought mine new in 1998, and sold it in 2003 to get my Aprilia Mille R.  In retrospect, I really should have just kept the SuperHawk instead.  

Mine was a do-everything workhorse, include a couple of years as my instructor mount with one of the local trackday programs.   I'm embarrassed to say the only photos I can find are low-resolution proofs with the photographer's watermark prominently displayed:  I really should have paid them to get the originals...

CRW_1862.jpg.40203a645ffbd4db1abf787a74825095.jpg

IMG_3716.jpg.bee44cc695125c962f920f9cda10387d.jpg

I had a friend who had a Millie and let me ride it which soured me on Aprilia 4 Strokes and I kept my VTR and never looked back

I used to love embarrassing Ducati Super Sports and even their 916s, at pit stops they'd be rolling their wrists, stretching their backs and cooling their thighs and bums..

• Supporting Member

I bought some lower engine crash bars from the U.K.  Ordered Tuesday afternoon and delivered within 72 hours.  It comes with a bag of hardware including new upper and lower engine mount bolts and the crash bobbins/sliders pictured. 

s-l400.jpg

They are simple to install and rely largely upon the existing mounting points...

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***