What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member

She-who-must-be-obeyed has reminded me more than once to keep my experiments with things like powder coating out of the kitchen oven

She says go out to the shop and stay there LOL you can buy a kiln for out there see how thoughtful she is

• Thumbsup 4

Did this on the weekend but I added Pelican Vault v250 ammo can panniers. Used stand-offs on the standard mounts and some pieces of PVC and Phenolic I had kicking around to reinforce them. Work good, though I think I will put a cross joining bar between them behind the plate to take out some of the bounce. Pretty happy with the look and function for the price. 

IMG_20200818_201110_compress76.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

Removed my radiator guard (the Amazon one).  C temps have been noticeably higher during these hot Arkansas days, fan kicking on way more often than before.  Didn't take accurate notes, but I think it's been running ~ 20F higher on the hottest days, with the guard on.  Will test tomorrow sans guard.  

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, 2WHLOZK said:

Removed my radiator guard (the Amazon one).  C temps have been noticeably higher during these hot Arkansas days, fan kicking on way more often than before.  Didn't take accurate notes, but I think it's been running ~ 20F higher on the hottest days, with the guard on.  Will test tomorrow sans guard.  

Interesting.  Does the guard you’re using seem to block a large percentage of the radiator’s surface area?   

Will be looking for your findings.   I’ve used the Evotech guard on my FJ, and haven’t seen any signs of concern.  

• Supporting Member

Hands down the best investment I’ve made for my FJ:  

770CFF1E-F811-45D0-8D7D-984EF05C3E18.thumb.jpeg.b4abcadb95c2a22b1486ef8e1e888d70.jpeg

I snuck out for a short pre-hurricane ride yesterday, and forgot to put in my earplugs.   Damn, this thing makes all kinds of random mechanical noises!   :) 

On 8/24/2020 at 7:45 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

It's the Bret cave, somewhere to escape as it's not attached to the house plenty of room for a cot when she who must be obeyed has me on her shit list

Which after 40 years I still find myself on all too frequently

Haha, 48 here.....it doesn't change....

I remind her, now and then, she was a poor judge of character.😁

But, she puts up with me.. so I am happy...

See ya

bill

• Thumbsup 1

Mounted  BridgestoneT31's today.

Got 9,000 miles out of the Dunlop RS3's.

Did it manually using Motion Pro tools. 

After mounting the RS3's last summer, I decided to never manually mount tires again.. I forgot... 

Took a while but got it done.

The key is LUBE, LUBE, LUBE. Go to a local tire store and get some. Generally they will give you some....

See ya

bill

• Thumbsup 1

1 hour ago, Michiel900GT said:

I received my 24" Madstad screen and wanted to install it today. Unfortunately it came in with a small scratch and 4 bolts missing......I think Madstad has been too busy with making and selling their Corona screens.

That's a bummer. Shipping probably took a month or so?

'15 FJ09

29 minutes ago, koth442 said:

That's a bummer. Shipping probably took a month or so?

Well, I ordered it from BikeHPS in the UK. Took about 18 days.

BikeHPS offered a scratch remover kit for free and if that doesn't help a new screen (will be another 18 days as they order it at Madstad).

No response about the screws but I sent them an email after business hours, so I'll guess they will react to that in the morning.

I am pleased with the service from BikeHPS but not with the QA at Madstad....

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, banderso said:

After mounting the RS3's last summer, I decided to never manually mount tires again.. I forgot...

LOL... you had better luck than I with RS3. I did not take NO for an answer and... there went $180CAD. The Road 2 that went on after that debacle was a significantly softer tire. I am crossing over to the lower effort side with a changer.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

6 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Hands down the best investment I’ve made for my FJ:  

770CFF1E-F811-45D0-8D7D-984EF05C3E18.thumb.jpeg.b4abcadb95c2a22b1486ef8e1e888d70.jpeg

I snuck out for a short pre-hurricane ride yesterday, and forgot to put in my earplugs.   Damn, this thing makes all kinds of random mechanical noises!   :) 

I always have problems with macks, when it's hot and humid they don't roll down as much. Switched to 3m earsoft, much easier to shove in the ol ear holes.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, banderso said:

Haha, 48 here.....it doesn't change....

I remind her, now and then, she was a poor judge of character.😁

But, she puts up with me.. so I am happy...

See ya

bill

You're about the same age as me but you got married young I didn't get married till I was like 27 or so and we waited a couple of years for the first kid

The main thing to remember is Yes dear whatever you say dear Etc

• Premium Member
56 minutes ago, kilo3 said:

I always have problems with macks, when it's hot and humid they don't roll down as much. Switched to 3m earsoft, much easier to shove in the ol ear holes.

I've been using the Howard leight laser lites for years and years, I buy them in a box of a hundred pairs, nrr 32, low pressure, good for small ear canals

the yellow pink may be funky but I can wear them four or five times and you can wash them at least once (if you're cheap like me)

I stick them in my mouth and wet them down and compressor with my lips and slip them in and I'm good to go unless I'm wearing my noise cancelling earbuds in one of my helmets

20200826_190038.jpg

• Thumbsup 1