• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Stew said:

Well lads and lassies.

I am just home from visiting my neighbours south of the border, and getting the suspension done :)

All I can say is W O W !

I need to learn how to ride the bike all over again now. It is transformed.

Looks great; congrats!!  I'd be interested to hear your thoughts from a before & after perspective.

• Thanks 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

1 minute ago, knyte said:

Looks great; congrats!!  I'd be interested to hear your thoughts from a before & after perspective.

I'll be on familiar twisty roads tomorrow, and it's supposed to be dry, so I should get to work on getting used to it. It's ridiculously different, but in a good way :)

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, WKE002 said:

Installed back seat rest. Yet to test it out with my wife. Since no plan to get a top box, got these for about usd7 . 

I hope she likes it.
You could rig up some lights on the back of it , or reflective tape. It would then be doubly useful.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, Stew said:

I'll be on familiar twisty roads tomorrow, and it's supposed to be dry, so I should get to work on getting used to it. It's ridiculously different, but in a good way :)

It's amazing when you get on a nice forest or mountain road with flowing curves, there are times when it feels like I am in a canoe on a pond just flowing effortlessly. (that's the best way I can think of to describe it) 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 minute ago, betoney said:

It's amazing when you get on a nice forest or mountain road with flowing curves, there are times when it feels like I am in a canoe on a pond just flowing effortlessly. (that's the best way I can think of to describe it) 🤷‍♀️

I'll stick the gopro on, and if the audio is garbage I'll voice over it later :)

• Thumbsup 2

Oh, I also discovered that in 3rd gear, my Tracer will do at least 105mph, possibly a little more before the limiter, but I ran out of road.
(errm , not road, track of course, I meant track officer)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Clem Fandango said:

^^^

Nice.  Speaking of which, does anyone have any idea why Yamaha chose to rivet one of the pegs on?

No idea!  I once wondered if it was done as a safety concern, but still couldn’t come up with a (logical) reason.  I replaced it with a clevis pin, similar to the opposite side.  

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, Stew said:

Oh, I also discovered that in 3rd gear, my Tracer will do at least 105mph, possibly a little more before the limiter, but I ran out of road.
(errm , not road, track of course, I meant track officer)

Next time you change your chain and sprockets or have a good chain and the wheel off, before you take the wheel off take the countershaft sprocket off and change it to a 15 and the rear to a 44. Formy last 2 chains I've used a DID 520 ZVMX in gold...

It puts you in a great RPM range, at 4500 RPM in 4th gear you can back off the throttle and come back on and take it to whatever you would like.  I find higher RPM much more controllable with the suspension and brakes. Now I had my ECU flashed but have only got up to 126 when the instability of my DB that is about the same size as the stock Shield but is thicker  and on top of it I have a adjustable spoiler.  A lot of people complain about shields causing instability but what they don't realize is they need to move their CG forward and get down Behind The Shield to smooth out at high speeds

For 4 years now I've been reving it too low in each gear, which is fine if you want gas mileage but you want fun, stay in the upper rev range.  Now I put in an XSR slip assist clutch which helps a lot on 2 down shifts, though it is a safety device if anything.  I've rarely bump into it or the ABS.

now I've been riding for 22 years my vtr1000f superhawk / firestorm which I never take above 8500 or 105 miles an hour because it has a hundred 11 thousand miles on it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After my recent trip to Dallas, TX, I got back home with 4000miles on the clock

Today did the oil and filter change, tried Maxima synthetic 10w40 and the engine seems a bit smoother (maybe due to the fact the oil still new), Yamaha OEM filter.

In the next few days I'll do the TB Sync once the Carbtune Pro 4 is delivered, hopefully I can get rid of some vibrations. Also the engine feels like when sitting at idle is kinda knocking/pinging a lil bit.

• Like 1

You live more in five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their entire life. "Marco Simoncelli" - Yamaha Tracer 900 '19 - Honda CB650R '19

did the TB sync yesterday afternoon since the Carbtune was delivered earlier than expected.

Also changed the front brake pads to the EBC HH, couldn't stand the abrupt initial bite of the stock pads. now I just need new levers, hate the stockers.

Note on the TB sync:

the master body, remained the master since it was pulling the least amount even when the other 2 screws were fully seated.

I was able to get them close enough, but the Carbtune scale up by 2cmHg with 4 dash in the middle, and yes I was able to keep the bodies within 2 dashes, which corresponds to 10cmHg (or 10mmHg as per Yamaha service manual)

Maybe it smoothed out a lil bit, but was barely noticeable. Also the it wasn't that bad at first, just leveled them a bit better.

Now here comes a question based on some info I was able to gather on TB sync around the web...

how true is to sync them at 5k rpm, to reduce vibrations when cruising? I know the service manual states to sync at idle, but anybody ever tried to sync at higher rpm?

You live more in five minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all their entire life. "Marco Simoncelli" - Yamaha Tracer 900 '19 - Honda CB650R '19

• Premium Member
On 9/8/2020 at 3:14 PM, Stew said:

Well lads and lassies.

I am just home from visiting my neighbours south of the border, and getting the suspension done :)

All I can say is W O W !

I need to learn how to ride the bike all over again now. It is transformed.

20200908_092108.jpg

20200908_150902.jpg

20200908_151016.jpg

Mine is currently at Traxxion Dynamics getting some suspension surgery. I can’t wait until I get it back. 

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1