What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Yamajank said:

Way up in northern Indiana.  A mile from Michigan border.  

I have a good friend that lives in LaPorte who’s always up for a ride. He’s on a darkside ST1300.

• Thumbsup 1

Mounting the Yamaha (pyramid plastics) fender extender.  Used the supplied/w tape and will also add the plastic rivets once the clamp process is complete.  A bit of a challenge to remove the fender until I first removed the little clamps that hold the brake lines in place.

BE92558D-042A-435D-AAFC-916367B7649A.jpeg

98BE9484-09FB-4E76-AE7B-E9C002080368.jpeg

3D516EB2-2B56-4931-BE0D-00A07031CEC7.jpeg

8EB5C01B-6EDD-4E92-9CE7-D415AD283A40.jpeg

Edited by colorider
  • Thumbsup 6

Fun! I found that the 180 rear adds a good bit of stability on gravel, especially given the 17" front. I ride DS too, but much narrower rear tire. It took a few moments to figure out that the little vertical nudging I was feeling from the FJ's rear, when I thought I was riding around an imbedded road rock, was that extra width clipping the rock edge. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Finally got up to Traxxion to get the bike. Didn’t get to do much other than surface roads and some interstate going home, but it already feels tons better. I can’t wait to get in the twisties to really check it out. 

• Thumbsup 6

• Supporting Member
26 minutes ago, enx said:

34000km

Woah; nice!!

• Thumbsup 2

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Practiced removing plastic panels on the new 2020 900 GT.  Placed seat in high position.  Put on a pair of  Grab On foam grips to increase diameter of hand grips and help quell any tingling/vibration to the hands.  Ordered Heed crash bars w/ bags from their website.

Ed W.

• Thumbsup 1

6 hours ago, texscottyd said:

I had the same reaction!   A bit over 21K miles sounds pretty good to me.  

Is that an aftermarket chain you were replacing, @enx?  It doesn't look like the OEM Yamaha part. 

It's aftermarket, yes. The oem lasted only 19000kms.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

19500 miles....

Replaced the clutch basket cushions. There was plenty of radial movement between the drive gear and basket due to worn cushions.

Installed the slipper clutch kit ( thanks partshack).

The buzz/vibration when in neutral, and between 4-5k is gone.

I hope it's gone for a long time.....😁

See ya

bill

• Thumbsup 2

23 minutes ago, banderso said:

Hi,

19500 miles....

Replaced the clutch basket cushions. There was plenty of radial movement between the drive gear and basket due to worn cushions.

Installed the slipper clutch kit ( thanks partshack).

The buzz/vibration when in neutral, and between 4-5k is gone.

I hope it's gone for a long time.....😁

See ya

bill

What cushions did you use? OEM?

Installed both the STS Smart Turn and Smart Brake Modules today. Created my own plug and play wiring harnesses for them to allow for quick removal if I ever wanted to move them to another ride. Been wanting to do this for a while, but never could get them shipped from the manufacturer. So I found a reseller on e-Bay and had them in 3 days. Lovely!

And I can say that they work beautifully. I swear there must be some kind of genie living in them working its magic, because that's what it feels like.

No problems at all during the installation. Anyone can do this if they just take their time, though I would definitely recommend cutting off and throwing away the nasty bullet connectors that it comes with.

IMG_0029.jpg