What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
Shortened the pedal throw on rear brake and bled it to improve feel - found bleeder valve just past finger tight, but no fluid loss. Will probably try EBC HH or Ferodo pads to see if they help.
try the Ferodo - I have a set of the gold HH front pads that were destined for my Super Ten (seems Yamaha fit the same pad to much of the range) so change front & rear please so I get some feedback before using them myself :) 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I was riding on a dirt road. Went over a rock and bottomed. Hit where the guard for the drain plug is. I'm missing the plug and the guard. A 3x3in ish piece of the oil pan is gone.
oops, clumsy &%^# 
Some silly journalists have called it an Adventure bike. I think it is certainly a bike to have some adventures on but it ain't no candidate for Ewan McGregor's next foray into the wilderness. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I was riding on a dirt road. Went over a rock and bottomed. Hit where the guard for the drain plug is. I'm missing the plug and the guard. A 3x3in ish piece of the oil pan is gone.
Thanks for explaining. 
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

So, you had not done the oilpan mod?

Read more: http://fj-09.org/thread/220/fj-today?page=58#ixzz3rIDppRNK

My Akrapovic Titanium exhaust now "protects" the oil pan - even less ground clearance. I HATE speed bumps, especially in parking lots. Why???
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

• Premium Member

Not so much what I did to my FJ but something I threw together to protect it.  Theres a company in the UK by the name of yanchor.com that sells these.  Rather than get on shipped over I put one together myself.

2mo9eex.jpg 157kf8g.jpg
20121024-Garage_Security-018.JPG

It was a bit nippy this morning at 40*F. My hands were basically frozen solid most the way to work- never thought I'd say that 60*F feels warm!!!

Has anyone fitted factory heated grips yet? Dealers here are saying January 1st is when they'll be able to get them.

It was a bit nippy this morning at 40*F. My hands were basically frozen solid most the way to work- never thought I'd say that 60*F feels warm!!! 
Has anyone fitted factory heated grips yet? Dealers here are saying January 1st is when they'll be able to get them.
I'm sorry...but is this a serious question? 
To answer your obvious question, yes...plenty have.

I opted for less expensive alternatives, Oxfords from Revzilla. I LOVE them. Look back a few pages, I posted a pic.

I opted for less expensive alternatives, Oxfords from Revzilla. I LOVE them. Look back a few pages, I posted a pic.
I'm sorry, but does it LOOK like I'm trolling around?  B-|

I'm specifically looking for factory, seems like nobody around here (here being a relative term for Southern California, in the extremely off chance there was any confusion) has been able to get them. 

nobody around here (here being a relative term for Southern California, in the extremely off chance there was any confusion) has been able to get them.

This would be a huge cause for confusion, because this community you're posting to isn't exclusive to California. I'm in Japan, for example. I assumed (as would most people on this forum) that "around here" was referring to members of this community. In which case, the answer would be an obvious "yes", and examples can be found by searching the forum.

• Premium Member

I'm specifically looking for factory, seems like nobody around here (here being a relative term for Southern California, in the extremely off chance there was any confusion) has been able to get them. 
Here's an alternative  while you wait on Yamaha...   http://www.aerostich.com/a-to-b-utilities/rider-comfort/grips-accessories/aerostich-warm-wrap-grips.html 

• Premium Member

So Cal here and I have them. I even wrote a how to in the how to section. I think the smart alacness has to do with the comment "has anybody installed these" to which the answer is a resounding Heck Yes. Good luck finding them though, but they are around.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
This journalist bashed the oil pan too. See third report.Rider mag long term ride FJ-09 

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch