What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

the bikes are shipped from Japan crated and assembled by the dealer. I have the unpacking and assembly instructions at home ( out at work at the moment ). I would suggest that any dealer incapable of sticking a bike together following clear instructions, won't be worthy of your future custom. 
Take it back and tell them till get it sorted.
Would love a copy of those instructions. What are the forum rules on posting a hyperlink to my dropbox account for this? I do not wish to do anything that would compromise this forum . 

Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

Would love a copy of those instructions.
What are the forum rules on posting a hyperlink to my dropbox account for this? I do not wish to do anything that would compromise this forum . 

I dunno man, that is inhouse yamaha copyrighted material and they could sue you and probably me for posting that.

Are you using the cosmo-moto plate for the mount up front? And would you recommend it? I.e. No vibes etc.
Yes, I'd recommend it but for light GPS and on a short arm. I have an automotive 5" Nuvi on there. It does vibrate a little, but it isn't bad at all. The SW-Motech assembly was heavy and had to extend away from the ball a bit more... vibrated a lot. If you're thinking GoPro... I'd find another mount.
Perfect.. was looking at it for my 5" Zumo... will just go ahead & call for it. thanks!

What are the forum rules on posting a hyperlink to my dropbox account for this? I do not wish to do anything that would compromise this forum . 

I dunno man, that is inhouse yamaha copyrighted material and they could sue you and probably me for posting that.
yes. Quite. But I'll take a look and write a precis
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

Picked up the bike from having the riser & cct recalls done, and installed the new Sargent DTX seats.
Last week I installed the Kappa luggage rack with their Km5m mounting plate to mount my Give E340 case.

FJ09_Sargent_DTX_seat_2.jpg

Got tracking info for my new AGV K5 helmet and Healtech shift light...
What do you think of the K5? I saw it was on sale at revzilla and I'm in need of a new helmet. Do you find it quiet?
Sorry for the late answer.  
I like it, but it is noisy a bit (I am 185 cm tall). The built-in sunglasses are very comfortable and the ventilation is also correct. 

Sent a few measurements and pictures off to Higdonion to double check to see if the "trail cage" will work with Graves Exhaust...Also got 1 of 3 forum shirts I ordered in the mail today...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

IMG_20170510_203308504.jpgIMG_20170510_203232240.jpg

Got a bigger booty for Vanessa (yes I  named my bike) so she can fit more junk in her trunk!  It's the Shad SH58x expandable case.  It goes from 46L to 58L and more importantly, matches the color scheme of the bike better 
'15 FJ-09 with an aftermarket parts addiction

@THETRUCK454 I am anxiously awaiting pictures of the SH58X on the bike. I have been eyeballing that top case for some time now.

Also, did it come with the universal mounting plate? And, did you get hit with any additional customs taxes?

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Supporting Member
Got a bigger booty for Vanessa (yes I  named my bike) so she can fit more junk in her trunk!  It's the Shad SH58x expandable case.  It goes from 46L to 58L and more importantly, matches the color scheme of the bike better 
That top case looks much better and is an ingenious design.  It looks like it will match the SH36 side cases nicely with the CF finish. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

@THETRUCK454 I am anxiously awaiting pictures of the SH58X on the bike. I have been eyeballing that top case for some time now. 
Also, did it come with the universal mounting plate? And, did you get hit with any additional customs taxes?

I bought it from eBay France, with the conversion rate it cost me roughly $330 usd shipped with no additional customs or taxes. It does come with a universal mounting plate that I'm hoping to attach to my givi rack.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/New-expandable-Top-Case-SHAD-SH58X-Top-Box-Carbon-/232238684958?txnId=1441592529013

• Premium Member
You all need to stop getting the recall work done. My part has been on order for about 3 weeks, still waiting!
1pm for mine today.  Also marked up the risers to make sure they replace them, as well as putting marks on the handle bars to make sure they put them back to the correct angle. 

IMG_20170510_154749.jpg

You all need to stop getting the recall work done. My part has been on order for about 3 weeks, still waiting!
1pm for mine today.  Also marked up the risers to make sure they replace them, as well as putting marks on the handle bars to make sure they put them back to the correct angle. 

IMG_20170510_154749.jpg

I love it, that's the kind of non trusting attention to detail stuff I do. Thank you for proving I'm not alone!