What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Made my fog/spot light bracket and mounted them, just waiting forever for the waterproof switch to turn up so I can finish the install..
I'd be very interested to see a pic here, vduboy (or some words if no pic is available), as I'm awaiting my LED spots and am thinking about options of where to/ how to mount them.   Thank you... 

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
Also cleaned up the drive chain and then lubed it with my new "Grease Ninja" chain oiler-worked as advertised, quick & easy! http://www.greaseninja.com/

Yep. "grease ninja" is the bee's knees......  (:)):)

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Made my fog/spot light bracket and mounted them, just waiting forever for the waterproof switch to turn up so I can finish the install..
I'd be very interested to see a pic here, vduboy (or some words if no pic is available), as I'm awaiting my LED spots and am thinking about options of where to/ how to mount them.   Thank you...

I'll try and get one up tomorrow for you mate, pm me if I forget...!

@thetruck454 - Nice. Which adjusters are those?

It's by Lightech.  It has a very precise scale and the adjusters at the end have detents when you spin them so it's very easy to align the rear tire.  It also positively locates the rear axle so you don't have to worry about it moving on you as you tighten the axle nut back up.

IMG_20170527_100412988.jpg

'15 FJ-09 with an aftermarket parts addiction

• Supporting Member
What's the point of the knobs on the foot peg? I noticed my friends 2017 FZ09 had them but my 2015 fj doesn't. Can't think of any reason to have them. 

My 2015 FJ had those long peg feelers when I bought it new, but I removed them within a couple of weeks. My assumption is that Yamaha wants to make sure that the folding footpegs touch ground as a warning long before any other hard parts make contact with the pavement. I managed to drag those extended feelers on both sides fairly easily, but after removing them would only occasionally drag the center stand on the right. I touched something down lightly on the left once or twice, but never figured out what it was.

Regardless, I don't really see where they serve a real purpose, as they aren't heavy enough to add any appreciable vibration damping.

What's the point of the knobs on the foot peg? I noticed my friends 2017 FZ09 had them but my 2015 fj doesn't. Can't think of any reason to have them. 
They are Yamaha's way of saying "don't lean over any farther." I'm assuming you mean the extended knobs on the bottom of the foot peg.

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
They are Yamaha's way of saying "don't lean over any farther." I'm assuming you mean the extended knobs on the bottom of the foot peg.
Wish they put them on bikes when I was a kid, probably would saved me allot a pairs of blue jeans.
BLB

@thetruck454 - Nice. Which adjusters are those?
It's by Lightech.  It has a very precise scale and the adjusters at the end have detents when you spin them so it's very easy to align the rear tire.  It also positively locates the rear axle so you don't have to worry about it moving on you as you tighten the axle nut back up.

IMG_20170527_100412988.jpg

I'm looking into going with these off of eBay, very similar to the LighTech adjusters:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Chain-Adjusters-Tensioners-2013-2016-YAMAHA-FZ-09-MT-09-Tracer-FJ09-RN29-/391500754244?var=&rmvSB=true
thetruck454, do the LighTech adjusters fit tight against the "flats" on the other end of the axle?

• Premium Member

I'm looking into going with these off of eBay, very similar to the LighTech adjusters:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-Chain-Adjusters-Tensioners-2013-2016-YAMAHA-FZ-09-MT-09-Tracer-FJ09-RN29-/391500754244?var=&rmvSB=true
thetruck454, do the LighTech adjusters fit tight against the "flats" on the other end of the axle?

From the picture online it appears the eBay adjusters have some generous tolerances between the axle nut and adjuster.

5281168.jpg

This is the third or fourth bike I’ve fitted with this small Zixtro [strong]handlebar-mounted hard case.[/strong]   It looks much bigger in the pic than it really is – it measures about 9” x 8” x 5” (23 x 21 x 14cm) and has a guesstimated capacity of around 2.5 L.

It’s mounted on an aluminium tongue that’s bolted to the ‘bar with a steel saddle. There’s a moulded-in groove underneath the case that simply slips over this tongue, and the case is held in place by a small press-to-release catch. Cost was mere $15 from the markdown section of a local sporting goods store – it’s actually intended for cyclists!

I don’t care much for the look or bulk of conventional tank-bags, but in this tiny case I can carry a digital camera, mobile phone, notebook + pen, pack of Wet Ones, eye drops, small bottle of Windex + tissues. A spare pair of lightweight gloves can also be squeezed in.

When out on a day-ride like today’s I like to have my camera handy and quickly accessible without having to dismount and fumble through a rear-mounted top-box or panniers. A tempting subject for a quick snap often comes along but it’s not always easy or safe to dismount along some of the narrow country roads around here!
P1030681r.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.