What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
I have the go cruise. Simple and works. I use my engine guards to rest my legs on at times. I also have my tail bag on the passenger seat and can use it for a back rest. I ate granola bars from my tank bag while moving. No meals. I drank water using my camel back. Don't get me wrong though. I've done almost 1900 in th last two days. I'm sucking hind tit right now. I might take it easy tomorrow. Don't have to be back home til the 26th.
My hat off to you bud.. just awesome! What seat do you use... and is the bar raised, or stock? Ergonomics killed my back on my ride.... fixing that now.
l have the Sargent. Bars are in the stock position. I do have grip puppies on them.

Let’s go Brandon

There's not much, if any, 'bling' on my bike, so I had no qualms about adding a discreet copper-gold pinstripe tape to the fore-and-aft crease just below the tank.   It picks-up the gold-coloured front fork, and the gold chrome Tracer decal and similar copper-gold pinstripe on my painted pannier lids.   All just giving a minor but tasteful visual 'lift' I think to the rather sombre dark colours there.

P1030968.jpgP1030905.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• 2 weeks later...

20170826_103944.jpg

actually ordered this safety lanyard kill switch for my FZ-07 since it was my "fun\\track" bike... now its going on the FJ-09...not wired in yet, will do that this weekend, it gets cut into to the power line that feeds the main key switch- without the safety key in the bike cannot run

2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Well I tour-a-fied my FJ today. Received my Higdonion Urban engine cage and put that on. I then bolted a set of highway pegs to that. Then added grip puppies to the handles and finally added a Vista Cruise throttle lock system. On the highway this puppy is gonna cruise like a crown vic!

I'll throw some pictures up later. I think it turned out pretty well. The highway pegs fold up and they are all black so I don't think they look too silly.

My Higdonion uppers came in today, in that GORGEOUS Yamaha Blurple.

Perfect fit of course and a very nice addition to the protection package.

Thanks so much for the group deal!

Made up a small rear hugger extender from a bit of scrap aluminium plate, secured to the underside of the hugger with some thick construction adhesive, lightly clamped while curing.  It only adds about 11cm (4.5”) to the length and probably is of little benefit, but spray-painted matte black it looks OK.

To fit the extension piece I first removed the hugger, which is secured by three hex-head screws in aluminium bushes, and that made the task quite a bit easier.

I’m still looking for an inexpensive plastic mudguard (possibly from a trail bike) that I can adapt to give more cover to the rear tyre, but meantime this will do, as I haven't yet seen a decent aftermarket rear hugger that I like.

(below - lightly clamped-up while adhesive cures)

P1030985.jpg

(below - fitted on the bike)

P1030986.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

A further update on this topic: I think the pic below of a filthy rear hugger (on my BMW R1200 R Classic) shows clearly the benefits of a decent rear hugger, especially for those who may often ride through wet, dirty, salted, icy, or muddy roads (not me, touch wood!)

The white grime on the bike was from road-works that I’d had to traverse in Tasmania – it may have been cement dust or some such stuff put down on the road, but whatever it was, it made a real mess!   But note that the underside of the rear sub-frame is relatively unspattered!

Anyway, I have bitten the bullet on a black plastic DIY rear hugger, although it’s not specifically designed for our bike. I’ll have to modify it somewhat (if possible), and work out a means of secure attachment, probably onto the embryonic OE hugger.   But at a cost of a mere AUD$14 plus AUD$4 postage from China, what have I got to lose when considering that the PUIG hugger shown here on my BMW costs an eye-watering GBP£179 (USD$231 or AUD$291)?   Add about 50% for a carbon-fibre job…

For me, the visual impact on that empty space above the rear tyre is probably more worthwhile than any real function, but why not.

(below) - the PUIG rear hugger installed.   Note the coverage given to the rear tyre.

P1010160.jpg

(below) - after the road-works crossing.   I was cross too!

P1010596.jpg

adjusted the Acceleration Pump...I was so used to the little quirk with quick on/off throttle response since it was originally set 17 and 16...now its 14 and 13... as what the majority have said its really does smooth it out... to me it feels more "old school" feeling like its a full cable throttle system rather than "ride by wire"

UPDATE on FRONT SPROCKET

after using the new front sprocket the vibrations of the bike in general are smooth and the of the vibrations are very small and rapid in repetition compared to the OEM sprocket the vibrations were bulky/large like a bass system with slower repetitions

Did a 50k service @ 52375 and the oil was like brand new!!

Also balanced the throttle bodies, greased the swingarm bearings, and found an issue with the bearing in the upper dog bone joint (wiggles around more than you'd like).  So now as well as replacing the R blinker and fairing (from the roo strike), I'll have to order all these bits.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

learned something today:
yesterday I adjusted the APS and using CruiseControl for like 2secs today was like not safe by any means...after I had a brain fart few miles down the road I realized the CruiseControl needed to be recalibrated to the new APS location ?... that was not how I wanted to start my weekend...

but on the other hand project TTS-10 is nearing a milestone ?

what is TTS-10?
TwinTurbo S-10 ? just a little ole 408 small block with 2 76mm fidget spinners ?

• Supporting Member
learned something today: yesterday I adjusted the APS and using CruiseControl for like 2secs today was like not safe by any means...after I had a brain fart few miles down the road I realized the CruiseControl needed to be recalibrated to the new APS location ?... that was not how I wanted to start my weekend...

I discovered the exact same thing after adjusting the APS, the MCCruise was NOT happy!  I had to return home and read through the setup instructions again.  Live and learn. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

learned something today: yesterday I adjusted the APS and using CruiseControl for like 2secs today was like not safe by any means...after I had a brain fart few miles down the road I realized the CruiseControl needed to be recalibrated to the new APS location ?... that was not how I wanted to start my weekend...

I discovered the exact same thing after adjusting the APS, the MCCruise was NOT happy!  I had to return home and read through the setup instructions again.  Live and learn.

I know! MCCruise was not happy ?, scared me enough I instantly apologized to my bike like 12 times and promised to not use CruiseControl till its recalibrated...