What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
Riding the snot out of it and lovin' it!!! Just turned 28,000 miles. By the way, my seat from," Terry's custom seats" is great! After what I've been through with seats, Terry has saved me from parting ways with my FJ09.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Supporting Member
By the way, my seat from," Terry's custom seats" is great! After what I've been through with seats, Terry has saved me from parting ways with my FJ09.
I have to agree with you.  Getting a seat custom made specifically for you completely changes your riding experience.  If I ever get another bike, I will absolutely get another custom seat made. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I ordered some OEM Decals from a Grey 15 FJ-09 for my Black 16 FJ-09 and got them on. The Decals were the only thing that was red on the Bike and I wanted to keep with the Grey/Black theme.

I also ordered flush mounted Turn Signals which will be protected by the engine gaurds if the bike ends up on the ground. 

I got them both installed. Few before and after photos to see the Lights head on and a close up of the decals. Took all of 45 mins to get the lights and the Decals on.

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

• Premium Member
I also ordered flush mounted Turn Signals which will be protected by the engine gaurds if the bike ends up on the ground.  
I got them both installed. Few before and after photos to see the Lights head on and a close up of the decals. Took all of 45 mins to get the lights and the Decals on.

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

It seems that oncoming traffic will have no idea of your intention to turn now. 
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Supporting Member

It seems that oncoming traffic will have no idea of your intention to turn now. 
I bought the exact same flush mount signals and quickly realized the same thing, you cant see them, oncoming traffic will have no visual clue to your intentions.  The stock signals went back on. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I ordered some OEM Decals from a Grey 15 FJ-09 for my Black 16 FJ-09 and got them on. The Decals were the only thing that was red on the Bike and I wanted to keep with the Grey/Black theme. 

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0819.jpg

If those were flush mounts that stuck out so someone coming at you in the daylight could see them, I may do the same, but I'm concerned that my visibility would be reduced with the flush mounts you have installed.  I'm more concerned about my life and what I do to potentially cause it to be at risk.  People say they don't see motorcycles.  Studies show that people don't look for and don't see motorcycles.  These flush mounts just increase the possibility of someone not seeing you.  Just concerned about someone making changes to their bike that reduce their visual present while making a turn in front of a car.  I know you have thought about this and made your decision, but I wanted you to think about it some more, as friendly advise from an old fart with past experience.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

20170930_133143.jpg

Changed oil with Shell Rotella T6. Washed her down, then gave the chain a thorough deep-cleaning with kerosene and PB Blaster before lubing.

And then went for a ride. This time of year is about the only time I'm glad I live in FL grin.png

What did you use to cover the gold on the forks?

Guest kernowjim
I urge you to postpone your visit until July, August or September.  You will quickly rule out those months (maybe June as well)!   wink.png
Had a couple of weeks over there in August several years ago - never again!  We now pop over in the winter months

Guest kernowjim
@builderbob

Do you get over to Daytona Bike Week at all?  I've managed to visit there the last two years and will be in Orlando for that week in 2018 too

• Premium Member
@builderbob  
Do you get over to Daytona Bike Week at all?  I've managed to visit there the last two years and will be in Orlando for that week in 2018 too
I used to do the Bike Week/Biketoberfest thing, but haven't for some time.  During those times I tend to go west and away from the crowds.  My little town (DeLand) is pretty close to the action.  Give me a shout if you're in the area.

Guest kernowjim
@builderbob  
I used to do the Bike Week/Biketoberfest thing, but haven't for some time.  During those times I tend to go west and away from the crowds.  My little town (DeLand) is pretty close to the action.  Give me a shout if you're in the area.
Well I went along last year and found it super rowdy, even up by the Speedway.  Can't say I really enjoyed it, way too many Harley's for my liking.  Where would you recommend for buying motorcycle clothing in your area?  Things are generally cheaper in the USA than the UK and I'd like any opportunity to pick up a bargain

@clint , @redfjniner , @betoney

Thank you guys for the concern and heads up. The thought has crossed my mind, and you are not the 1st one to mention this to me. I ride with a great group of guys most of the time and will ask their opinions when we ride together next. If they confirm the suspicion the Stock signals will go back on until I find the proper solution. 

That being said - anyone have any suggestions for smaller blinkers that are visible? 

@hawkeye have you had anyone you ride with mention your turn signals? I noticed you have the same ones I have installed. 

• Premium Member
Well I went along last year and found it super rowdy, even up by the Speedway.  Can't say I really enjoyed it, way too many Harley's for my liking.  Where would you recommend for buying motorcycle clothing in your area?  Things are generally cheaper in the USA than the UK and I'd like any opportunity to pick up a bargain
There are some shops at Destination Daytona, a big complex north of Daytona at I-4 & US1.  It's mostly geared toward the Harley crowd, but I believe there is a smattering of other motorcycling interests there as well.  Other than that, there are the typical dealerships in the Daytona area and chain stores like Cycle Gear, where you might find some things that you are looking for.  Like most, however, I do my shopping online. 
If you find yourself over this way, I can show you some lesser frequented, but more rewarding places to ride.  Florida is pretty flat and boring, but there are a few surprises as well.