What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I actually went for a ride!!!!!

A wonderful day with great friends. Got a little bit hot this afternoon 34 deg C, so was glad to get home and into the aircon.
Very un-ride fit.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

Installed a set of Metzeler Roadtec 01 tires. It snowed yesterday, so the roads around me are covered in sand and salt today. Based on my very brief test ride, the new tires performed admirably in pretty crappy conditions. I can now brake much harder over extra dirty sandy pavement than the OE tires ever allowed. Hopefully the tires retain this characteristic for most of their life.
IMG_20180211_195632.jpg
IMG_20180211_195559.jpg

I also sent payment for an ECU reflash from 2wheeldynoworks. Just need to pop the ECU out and mail it off now. Next item after that is installing an Admore light kit on my Givi V47nn top box.

• Supporting Member
I washed it. Got dirty riding 129 yesterday. Had the dragon all to myself on a Thursday. In February. At 8 in the morning. Life is good.
Having ANY twisty road to yourself on a weekday is absolute heaven!  With my work schedule I am off on Thursdays and Fridays.  While everyone else is at work, I'm releasing the hooligan! 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
I washed it. Got dirty riding 129 yesterday. Had the dragon all to myself on a Thursday. In February. At 8 in the morning. Life is good.
I hate you. So. Much. 
;)

Lucky devil.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

New chain and sprockets. ~18000 miles on the clock. Probably could have gotten a little more out of the chain if I hadn't left my alignment tool on the rear sprocket and fragged the chain seals last time I adjusted it. Oops.

DID 525VX Xring and Vortex steel front and rear sprockets. Reused the nut on the front sprocket with no problem.

IMG_3883.jpg

I braved the 15mph winds and sandy roads for a quick 1hr jaunt. Then came home and got the rear shock taken off. I will be doing a ZX10R shock swap with the FJ stock spring. The spring compressor will be here Wednesday-ish (thank you Amazon Prime). The forks on the right are for the GSXR. They have GP valving.

NWr3AYq.jpg?1

'15 FJ09

would you mind taking photos as you swap the shock @koth442 ? I’m thinking to go that way myself.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I braved the 15mph winds and sandy roads for a quick 1hr jaunt. Then came home and got the rear shock taken off. I will be doing a ZX10R shock swap with the FJ stock spring. The spring compressor will be here Wednesday-ish (thank you Amazon Prime). The forks on the right are for the GSXR. They have GP valving. 
NWr3AYq.jpg?1

With zx10 shock give extra attention if you install it with the tank down.
You need to change a bolt with low profile, or you take risk of attach, when shock bounce hard.
With zx6 shock you don’ t have to bother.
Anyway, it’s a great upgrade!

With zx10 shock give extra attention if you install it with the tank down. You need to change a bolt with low profile, or you take risk of attach, when shock bounce hard.
With zx6 shock you don’ t have to bother.
Anyway, it’s a great upgrade!
Do you recall which bolt? Or more importantly its diameter and length?

'15 FJ09