What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Removed and mailed my ecu, installed new air filter and now thinking about removing that foam under the gas tank. Does it really change something?

I removed the foam when I did the flash, but can’t say I noticed anything related to the foam. Everything was so different after the flash though, it’d be impossible for an amature like me to tell ?

• Premium Member
BCF99_A78-9_A33-46_BF-9679-9_F5468044459.jpg 
well this showed up today and I was going to put it on and run without a flash until I had a few days of rain in the forecast so reduce no riding time.

When you get it installed and have a good test ride, please post up your impressions.
A pipe is about the only thing I haven't done to my bike and I am weighing my options.

Will do. It’s gonna be a hard assessment as the 2WDyno flash happening at the same time will cause many positive changes at once. More to come. Glad I joined this site. Learned 3 plus years of experience and know how for a brand new ‘15 I’ve owned for 8 weeks now. Priceless. Not to mention $6878 with warranty, with all the additions I’m still below MSRP. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Premium Member
Removed and mailed my ecu, installed new air filter and now thinking about removing that foam under the gas tank. Does it really change something?
Where you send it? I need at least 3days of rain in forecast before I’m willing to do without. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Premium Member
Removing the foam under the gas tank allows for more airflow to the intake. 2WDW measured a 6hp gain in the midrange after removing the foam. :thumbsup: That is what I was told while I was waiting for my ECU to be flashed. 

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

• Supporting Member
Oops... 2WDW disabled removed stole mine months ago. Darn it.  8-)
Redacted. 2WDW redacted your speed governor... :)

I’ve already paid for mine, but haven’t pulled the ECU and shipped it to them yet. Flash credit, as it were.

• Supporting Member
Removing the foam under the gas tank allows for more airflow to the intake. 2WDW measured a 6hp gain in the midrange after removing the foam. :thumbsup: That is what I was told while I was waiting for my ECU to be flashed.

If that is indeed true, I will cut the foam out of mine tomorrow.  6hp gain in the midrange is HUGE, realistically I would expect maybe 2-3hp though.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Also, I noticed much more pronounce induction noise... which I like.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Installed the Nitron rear shock I got from @dfwfj (Thank you!). Wow; this thing really plants the bike to the road. Huge difference. 2.5 hours total, mostly trying to figure out how to remove the bottom bolt of the shock (as mentioned in other threads, it's all about releasing the bottom part of the dog-bone). Inserting the dog-bone bolt back in is also a bit tricky, had to jack up the swing arm, use a bent needlenose to position the bolt and nudge it in with a long thin pry-bar (really tight space).

IMG_20180919_212644.jpg

IMG_20180919_212915.jpg

IMG_20180919_214444.jpg

IMG_20180919_220133.jpg

• Premium Member
Ooh... I think 6HP might be pretty generous... but the angry intake growl (10 placebo HP) is worth the mod.
I recall being told that it was a 4hp gain at the peak and 6hp in the midrange. But I don't see that much midrange gain in the published dyno chart. It looks more like 3hp. That is for the combination of their tuning AND removing the foam. The peak gain is a solid 4hp at the wheel. 
117vS45.png

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

in regards to the "foam" the FZ-09 and the FJ-09 share same airbox and engine so the HP/TQ should be the same... during the first FJ-09 tuning they found it was missing a little HP/TQ about 3-4hp compared to the FZ-09 and traced the "missing HP/TQ" to the "foam"... by removing the foam it brought the FJ/FZ-09 engines to the same HP/TQ curves...

2wdw has 3-4 diffrent tuning software IIRC.. FlashTune, Woolich Racing, PCV and Biazz(sp?)... I went with Woolich Racing instead of the default choice of FlashTune

2wdw- north west coast location
woolich- north dakota location
Hordpower- central Ohio location
vcyclenut- north Florida location
Ivans- new york
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Where you send it? I need at least 3days of rain in forecast before I’m willing to do without. 

2WDW, and I’m from Canada. Lucky you if it only takes 3 days...I just lost my bike for at least 8-10days.

Ooh... I think 6HP might be pretty generous... but the angry intake growl (10 placebo HP) is worth the mod.
I recall being told that it was a 4hp gain at the peak and 6hp in the midrange. But I don't see that much midrange gain in the published dyno chart. It looks more like 3hp. That is for the combination of their tuning AND removing the foam. The peak gain is a solid 4hp at the wheel. 
117vS45.png

Well thank you all, I will remove the foam for sure!