What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Winter, whose chain oiler do you have?

Tutoro, wrote a review for it here: 

I like it, as it's fully automatic, but with no electronics or vacuum tie-ins.   Completely hassle-free, no electrical load, and no real potential for problems - if it fails in some way, even catastrophically, the worse thing that'll happen is that it spills a little bit of oil.  

I need it in the winter for sure - otherwise I'm cleaning my chain twice a week.  But to be honest, I love it - I've not cleaned or lubed my chain since ~March, and it stays nicely clean lubed pretty much all the time.  I'm experimenting with lower flow rates now that we're more in summer, but probably need to turn it back up a bit as even when it's hot here, it's not really hot.

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
46 minutes ago, roadwarrior said:

Added a 24" Medium Gray Madstad shield for my comfort and a Yamaha factory rack and 39L Top Case for the passenger comfort (and additional storage).

Looks like she's ready for a roadtrip! 👍

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

6 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Tutoro, wrote a review for it here: 

I fitted a Tutoro on my last 2 bikes, brilliant chain oiler,  I used chainsaw oil in mine.

• Thumbsup 1

13 hours ago, Stew said:

I fitted a Tutoro on my last 2 bikes, brilliant chain oiler,  I used chainsaw oil in mine.

I'm running a mineral hydraulic oil (with the ISO rating they recommend), mostly because:

A: It's exactly what the manual said to use if you can't use their oil, and

B: it's like $8 for 5 liters at the local Canadian Tire.  

More B than A ;)

• Thumbsup 1

I fitted a Kriega US-20 bag to the bike. I don’t like tank bags (a personal thing) but I do  want to be able to carry a little more than what fits in my pockets. The US-20 works just fine.

Now I’m planning to remove the Yamaha GPS mount and replace it with a RAM mount. As soon as it stops raining over here I’ll measure the size of the steering bar to see what RAM mount would fit in the middel of the bar. I think the RAM-B-408-112-15U might fit but hey......measure twice, order once.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Michiel900GT said:

I fitted a Kriega US-20 bag to the bike. I don’t like tank bags (a personal thing) but I do  want to be able to carry a little more than what fits in my pockets. The US-20 works just fine.

Now I’m planning to remove the Yamaha GPS mount and replace it with a RAM mount. As soon as it stops raining over here I’ll measure the size of the steering bar to see what RAM mount would fit in the middel of the bar. I think the RAM-B-408-112-15U might fit but hey......measure twice, order once.

Well, the size of the bar is 1-1/8 inch which makes the RAM-B-408-112-15U just (really just!) to big. That RAM mount is for bar sizes 1.25 to 1.5. And the smaller version RAM-B-408-75-1U is for bar sizes 3/4 to 1 inch. And the Tracer bar is 1.13 inch. So either I go with the bigger one, which might lead to it not being able to stay steady or I go with the smaller one with the risk of it just not fitting. 😕

EDIT: I just found out the Dutch reseller made a mistake. The large one fits 1.125 bars.

Edited by Michiel900GT

6 hours ago, Michiel900GT said:

I have one too, great bags and so easy to put on and off. 

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, Michiel900GT said:

Well, the size of the bar is 1-1/8 inch which makes the RAM-B-408-112-15U just (really just!) to big. That RAM mount is for bar sizes 1.25 to 1.5. And the smaller version RAM-B-408-75-1U is for bar sizes 3/4 to 1 inch. And the Tracer bar is 1.13 inch. So either I go with the bigger one, which might lead to it not being able to stay steady or I go with the smaller one with the risk of it just not fitting. 😕

EDIT: I just found out the Dutch reseller made a mistake. The large one fits 1.125 bars.

Have you considered this model?  I use them on different bikes and different locations on the bars, even on the bend area.

Details and specifications of the RAM® Handlebar U-Bolt Base for Rails 0.5

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

11 hours ago, Michiel900GT said:

I used this one: 

Details and specifications of the RAM® Torque™ Large Rail Base...

and it fits perfectly on the bars.