What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Dropped off the bike last week to have Andreani Cartridges/Ohlins rear installed over the weekend and I picked her up at lunch today. Didn't have much of a chance to ride in any spirited fashion on the way back to work, but I will thrash on it this weekend and see how much of an improvement it really is (hope it lives up to the hype.)

ForkCarts1_small.png

ForkCarts2_small.png

Rear1_small.png

Rear2_small.png

Rear3_small.png

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

I've considered those (you mean like this, right: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/remington-32-000-btu-double-tank-top-propane-portable-heater-0762131p.html )?  The diesel heaters have thermostat control and no exposed flame, however, making them a fair bit safer overall and easier to get to a particular temperature.  On the other hand, one of these would be half the cost, and probably make a comparable amount of heat. 

I had one of these here radiant propane heaters... for one winter. I do not recommend. Stuff in the shop will start to sweat and then rust. Of course you will run out of propane at the most unfortunate time. It's directional heat, meaning if you point it at yourself you will be toasty, but all else remains cold for a long while. I had it placed right near the garage door for some ventilation, but after a few hours in the shop... 🤪. Sold it to a guy working construction... where this thing really belongs. YMMV.

• Thumbsup 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

I've considered those (you mean like this, right: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/remington-32-000-btu-double-tank-top-propane-portable-heater-0762131p.html )?  The diesel heaters have thermostat control and no exposed flame, however, making them a fair bit safer overall and easier to get to a particular temperature.  On the other hand, one of these would be half the cost, and probably make a comparable amount of heat.  

That's it, mine was a Mister Sun or something like that. I had it for 31 years and worked good as new and gave it away when I was sentenced to Florida for life. Once I got the Garage heated up I used a 220v ceramic heater on low to maintain the temp. 

Nice riding weather today 74F and sunny only problem was not a curve worth shit to be found.

• Thumbsup 2

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
30 minutes ago, piotrek said:

I had one of these here radiant propane heaters... for one winter. I do not recommend. Stuff in the shop will start to sweat and then rust. Of course you will run out of propane at the most unfortunate time. It's directional heat, meaning if you point it at yourself you will be toasty, but all else remains cold for a long while. I had it placed right near the garage door for some ventilation, but after a few hours in the shop... 🤪. Sold it to a guy working construction... where this thing really belongs. YMMV.

For sure sweating or condensation is a problem, I use to aim it at my wife's car and heat that mass up and then get some fresh air in. I had a sweating problem with just the snow, ice and salt coming in on the car. Just couldn't get the wife to clean her car off before she parked it, go figure. I still have the same sweating problem in Florida with the stinking humidity and salt air.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, david323 said:

Dropped off the bike last week to have Andreani Cartridges/Ohlins rear installed over the weekend...

Congrats on the new suspension. Interested in your thoughts on the Andreani carts. I was considering a set a long while back, but there was such a mixed bag of reviews out there... and I chickened out. Did you have them re-sprung or otherwise modified for you? I went the gold valve route, and it's worked out great... but still curious about your take on these. 105/Y07 I assume?

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

22 minutes ago, roadrash83 said:

For sure sweating or condensation is a problem, I use to aim it at my wife's car and heat that mass up and then get some fresh air in. I had a sweating problem with just the snow, ice and salt coming in on the car. Just couldn't get the wife to clean her car off before she parked it, go figure. I still have the same sweating problem in Florida with the stinking humidity and salt air.

I feel condensation will probably not be a problem; it's *insanely* dry here, even moreso when it's very cold.

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

Nice riding weather today 74F and sunny only problem was not a curve worth shit to be found.

Well there's "a" curve around Carollton as you drop into the Delta. Just like there's 2 curves in Cascilla. 

There's a fun stretch of maybe 6 miles through the middle of Grenada Lake (between the bridges) but it takes me hours to get there after the bridge on the Coffeeville side collapsed. 

And to bring this post on-topic: After I remembered what screws needed to be unscrewed (pro tip: order matters and not all of them) on the skid plate, I got the oil changed and the chain tightened up to just over an inch slack. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, 1moreroad said:

Well there's "a" curve around Carollton as you drop into the Delta. Just like there's 2 curves in Cascilla. 

There's a fun stretch of maybe 6 miles through the middle of Grenada Lake (between the bridges) but it takes me hours to get there after the bridge on the Coffeeville side collapsed. 

After I remembered what screws needed to be unscrewed (pro tip: order matters and not all of them) on the skid plate, I got the oil chamged and the chain tightened up to just over an inch slack. 

Sounds more pitiful than the roads we have within a hour...

On my SW Mototech skip plate I drilled a hole under the sump drain bolt so the plate doesn't need to be touched...

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

I ordered Evotech mirror extensions for my 9GT seven weeks ago. Have now been informed it is going to be another 4-5 weeks before they are available. What a P.I.T.A. this is !!  😡😡

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Sounds more pitiful than the roads we have within a hour...

On my SW Mototech skip plate I drilled a hole under the sump drain bolt so the plate doesn't need to be touched...

Roads are pleasant but anything besides mild, gentle sweepers are few and far between locally. We do have series of traffic circles in town that can be fun when there's no traffic... 🙄

Ozarks are 4 hours away and Smokies are 8. I miss Los Angeles when we could get breakfast at Newcombs Ranch before work if we just woke up a little early (but don't miss the rest of the traffic).

I have the skid plate that looks like a belly pan. I think the sides block easy access to the oil pan screw. 

• Thumbsup 1

22 hours ago, piotrek said:

Congrats on the new suspension. Interested in your thoughts on the Andreani carts. I was considering a set a long while back, but there was such a mixed bag of reviews out there... and I chickened out. Did you have them re-sprung or otherwise modified for you? I went the gold valve route, and it's worked out great... but still curious about your take on these. 105/Y07 I assume?

Both the carts and rear shock are sprung for my weight. I ordered them the Wed. before Black Friday and they didn't appear until last Tuesday. So almost 2 months for shipping. I won't have time to put the bike through its paces until this weekend, but fingers crossed... And yes, correct part number with 9.5kg springs.

Edited by david323
  • Thumbsup 1

4 hours ago, Kenny A. said:

I ordered Evotech mirror extensions for my 9GT seven weeks ago. Have now been informed it is going to be another 4-5 weeks before they are available. What a P.I.T.A. this is !!  😡😡

Ebay extensions are like $10 and I got mine in 2 weeks.  Just saying :)

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

Roads are pleasant but anything besides mild, gentle sweepers are few and far between locally. We do have series of traffic circles in town that can be fun when there's no traffic... 🙄

Ozarks are 4 hours away and Smokies are 8. I miss Los Angeles when we could get breakfast at Newcombs Ranch before work if we just woke up a little early (but don't miss the rest of the traffic).

I have the skid plate that looks like a belly pan. I think the sides block easy access to the oil pan screw. 

If your drain bolts in front, then yeh, that complicates things.  Mine's on the bottom near the back and I have a flush flat head drain bolt with a recessed hex socket.  So I can just stick a 3/8" drive hex bit up and loosen the bolt and in drains straight down neatly.

Now getting to the oil filter is no problem for me.  With your belly pan, if it doesn't have a removable panel...

I'm sure you've got it down though.

20200913_123551.jpg

20200913_124110.jpg

20200913_124359.jpg

20200913_124723.jpg

20200913_124738.jpg

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

Ebay extensions are like $10 and I got mine in 2 weeks.  Just saying :)

I've had these mirror extenders since 2016 and they've been solid.  I like them better than the straight extensions because they are lower and have more mass that dampens vibration.

Available on ebay, etc as no name as well as from BikeMaster for maybe a bit more than where I once saw them...

https://bikemaster.com/bikemaster-mirror-extensions-152463.html

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334212128546?epid=214715076&hash=item4dd0985f22:g:YxAAAOSwLFZhifim

Never had one of these in hand to evaluate...

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001309218171.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.18726493cScB7M&algo_pvid=df18cecb-343b-4156-9664-ca108347f3e5&algo_exp_id=df18cecb-343b-4156-9664-ca108347f3e5-23&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000015652096814"}&pdp_pi=-1%3B5.99%3B-1%3B-1%40salePrice%3BUSD%3Bsearch-mainSearch

Anything you want, including straight jobbies...

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20220112174743&SearchText=YAMAHA+MT-09+mirror+extenders

How about my chain adjusters too, they work great.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-CNC-Chain-Adjusters-Tensioners-Catena-For-YAMAHA-MT-09-FZ-09-2013-2017/114856964330?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item1abe0230ea:g:isgAAOSwggJe6DWs&amdata=enc: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|clp:2334524|tkp:BFBM5vKmwbpf&pageci=0e65aa22-71a8-49b4-9ab2-3b8184fb9fa2&redirect=mobile

or

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123950424654?hash=item1cdc05624e:g:mOMAAOSwP4datjlS

20210330_174522.jpg

20210330_174528.jpg

20210330_174600.jpg

20210724_130610.jpg

• Thumbsup 1