What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

Ebay extensions are like $10 and I got mine in 2 weeks.  Just saying :)

Mmmm. 🤔🤔🤔

2019 900 GT, 1969 Honda S90

• Supporting Member

I rode it to breakfast, and watched the sun rise on Galveston Island.    I was wide awake at 4:30 am, and realized I didn’t have any work calls until 9:00… a quick check of the weather showed clear skies and temps in the upper 40s.  Breakfast tacos on the island were suddenly calling my name.   

About 125 mile round trip; half of it in the dark.   Not exciting, but really good for the soul…   I love being on the road before sunrise, and watching the day slowly dawn over the horizon.   

No photos from today, so here’s a random one that showed up in my photo memories from a year or two ago…. :) 

9EF5359E-A131-4F80-AC69-3654F72DC97E.thumb.jpeg.2064122b8a559be0c8a48aaadbf2cc9e.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

@kilo3 - Is that a single zip tie holding the entire thing in place?   That doesn’t somehow doesn’t give me a warm & fuzzy feeling… 

Oh come on that's just for the picture 😂

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, kilo3 said:

Oh come on that's just for the picture 😂

Thank god!  My OCD symmetry issues would be massively triggered if there weren’t two zip ties being utilized for the mount… 🙄

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1

@2and3cylinders Hah it's funny, I've got both the straight and stepped mirror extenders, but I went the other way - started with stepped, ended up with straight.  I can see the advantages of both, but I found on the Tracer something hit the mirror and it rotated beneath the extension, the extension could hit the TCS switch (marked, nearly broke mine that way).  

I'm interested in the adjusters - haven't found any that would work yet, and can't bring myself to pay the crazy prices asked for the major manufacturer ones.  I wonder if those are compatible with the Tracer swingarm?  Says just to 2017 on the ebay ad.  

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

@2and3cylinders Hah it's funny, I've got both the straight and stepped mirror extenders, but I went the other way - started with stepped, ended up with straight.  I can see the advantages of both, but I found on the Tracer something hit the mirror and it rotated beneath the extension, the extension could hit the TCS switch (marked, nearly broke mine that way).  

I'm interested in the adjusters - haven't found any that would work yet, and can't bring myself to pay the crazy prices asked for the major manufacturer ones.  I wonder if those are compatible with the Tracer swingarm?  Says just to 2017 on the ebay ad.  

I hit a Great Sand Crane doing about 55.  I stayed upright amazingly after the Pterodactyl glanced off my Givi barn door and spun the mirror around.  The "stepped" mirror extender did hit and fracture a bit off the top of the left rocker switch (but it still worked!  It cost back then about $65 to replace but I could fix it if need be).  The Crane did not fair so well.  I felt bad but he/she took off from the shrub hidden ditch to my right and was trying to gain altitude as it crossed MY path.  Can you say "Sphincter Pucker Moment"?

I'd presume but not sure if the straight extender would miss the rocker.  I prefer one made from solid bar rather than a tube as it's mass would not vibrate as much.  Where'd you get yours?

My chain adjusters are copies of the Lightech adjusters, which are ridiculously expensive.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/lightech-chain-adjusters-yamaha-fz-09-fj-09-xsr900-tracer-900?sku_id=1008334

As I stated, the Chicom units I have worked very well for me for at least 3 years.  I'd think they'd also fit up through 2020.

20210724_130610.jpg

20210724_130726.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, 3sum said:

I bought my Tracer a mate today.  Don’t know why the second picture is upside down…

079DDF24-47B9-4415-8593-B1DA308AA30B.jpeg

8AD8219E-28ED-4AF2-A727-DB3F023EDDE7.jpeg

Sweet!!!  I love large bore 90 degree water-cooled, wet clutch, frameless, DOHC V-Twins (like your new baby and my VTR1000F). 

It looks new.  What year & exact model.  I'm very jealous!

Can I ask how much your wallet is lighter?

• Thumbsup 1

9 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I hit a Great Sand Crane doing about 55.  I stayed upright amazingly after the Pterodactyl glanced off my Givi barn door and spun the mirror around.  The "stepped" mirror extender did hit and fracture a bit off the top of the left rocker switch (but it still worked!  It cost back then about $65 to replace but I could fix it if need be).  The Crane did not fair so well.  I felt bad but he/she took off from the shrub hidden ditch to my right and was trying to gain altitude as it crossed MY path.  Can you say "Sphincter Pucker Moment"?

I'd presume but not sure if the straight extender would miss the rocker.  I prefer one made from solid bar rather than a tube as it's mass would not vibrate as much.  Where'd you get yours?

My chain adjusters are copies of the Lightech adjusters, which are ridiculously expensive.

As I stated, the Chicom units I have worked very well for me for at least 3 years.  I'd think they'd also fit up through 2020.

20210724_130610.jpg

20210724_130726.jpg

I got these ones (I apparently lied, they are $15): https://www.ebay.ca/itm/182379057481

I think I'm gonna just grab a set of those.  If they don't work, it's not a huge spend.  Much unlike those lighttech adjusters, holy crap they're expensive.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Sweet!!!  I love large bore 90 degree water-cooled, wet clutch, frameless, DOHC V-Twins (like your new baby and my VTR1000F). 

It looks new.  What year & exact model.  I'm very jealous!

Can I ask how much your wallet is lighter?

It's almost new.  2018 1200 S model (with factory Ohlins, Brembo Monoblocks, lighter wheels, cornering ABS, and not even 10k on the clock.  I paid $9700 for it.  I wish it had the Termignoni exhaust already on it, but to find an S model was my big thing.  I can add the idiotically expensive exhaust later.  It still sounds pretty good stock, just muted a bit.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Wow!  The kids are going to be beautiful… 😀

Congratulations!  Great garage companion for the Tracer 

This is going to be my play bike.  I've been wanting to get another naked sport bike for a while and I think this will fit the bill nicely!  Now I can't wait for a warm winter day to take it up the N GA mountains for a proper introduction.

• Thumbsup 2