What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Very nice Wing!  Having been almost 100% a Honda guy since 1983, I consider the Wing at the top of the food chain.

I've ridden every Wing since the 1st generation except this one. They kept getting better.

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

After you put some miles on her, would you please do a write up on your impressions, tank range, cost, etc.? I'm very interested in a Wing, but the cost has scared me off. Thanks

Will do. 

• Thanks 1

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member

Atta Boy Andrei!

How are you and yours doing?

I'll hit you and Yuriy up when I'm back in the saddle hopefully by June.

If you're ever down my way LMK and maybe we can meet up for frozen custard LOL

Somebody's GPS Track Record from a ride on 2021-08-08...

20210808_163659.jpg

20211023_151904.jpg

PMS Parked MC Syndrome.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
On 2/28/2022 at 5:24 AM, micah2074 said:

I adopted Gertrude (my FJ) a sister. 

Meet Francine. 

647A648A-C092-49C0-AB6C-57E7038F043F.jpeg

After you get acquainted with the new ride, please do a review with some real-world pro's and con's, maybe after a 7-10 day road trip?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
On 2/28/2022 at 7:24 AM, micah2074 said:

Meet Francine. 

647A648A-C092-49C0-AB6C-57E7038F043F.jpeg

Francine.   This immediately came to mind, and the lyrics actually fit this situation...  

Congrats!   Beautiful bike...  enjoy. 

• Haha 1

Ordered some new Road 6 tires and a chain and sprocket set. This time, 15/45 instead of 16/47; going just a wee bit shorter, and with a heavy duty chain rather than the regular if pretty red one I bought last summer.  It's been stretching very unevenly, so there's a pretty significant difference between tightest and loosest points, and... Well, figured if tires are coming off anyways, and flush with tax return cash (that should go to much more responsible things) why not correct that and push the gearing a bit further too. 

Really interested to see how the new Road 6's are, particularly the front.  Old Road 5's and before had single-compound front tires, and tended to wear kind of badly.  I'm hoping these new generation front tires are better.  But I've always really liked Michelin Road's, and while the T32's where a lot cheaper, they scalloped extremely badly under hard acceleration and braking so I didn't get many miles out of them at all in comparison.  Still, they were cheaper than the Motoz GPS tires ordered for the T7, at least.  $1100 in two sets of tires :(

I've really got to get my rack of half-used tires posted on Kijiji and recoup some of those costs. 

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, betoney said:

After you get acquainted with the new ride, please do a review with some real-world pro's and con's, maybe after a 7-10 day road trip?

I’m going on an over nighter Sunday. First week of may for 4 days then starting the last week of July 2 weeks. I’ll post up. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

Let’s go Brandon

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

...going... with a heavy duty chain rather than the regular if pretty red one I bought last summer.  It's been stretching very unevenly, so there's a pretty significant difference between tightest and loosest points

What 'heavy duty' chain did you get?

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

Out on the bike for the first time this year. Only a quick blast to the MOT station for the annual inspection. Started with bike's temperature gauge showing 1 degree C that rose to an almost Balmy 6 Degree C when I got back. Bike passed inspection as expected with an advisory on the front tire close to the limit. One step closer to this seasons  motorcycling Nirvana. Just got to give the Government it's road tax for this year to be all legal. (picture of last years stop for an MOT which would have looked just like today's but with a bit more rubber.

MOT pass.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

We are now in the third month of 2022, and the Tracer has not been on the road yet.  😥

That got fixed today with a little 125-mile jaunt around the Columbia Basin.

I was pleasantly reminded how lovely the cross-plane triple engine sounds under high RPMS:

Mar4DrivewaySideShot.thumb.jpg.42415360eed1671a6cad1a86ed41000f.jpg

I am continuing to beef up the lower protection a bit more. I started with TRex sliders on lower engine case, SW-Motech bars, and R&G axle sliders. Next up: aluminum belly pan, just haven't decided which one yet:

Mar4DrivewayCloseup.thumb.jpg.ee1de06538c45f28ba4279cd28ff0a9c.jpg

Rest Area high above Prosser, WA:

Mr4OverProssor.thumb.jpg.5c6bbeb7d2a7049f1d0cc131e797b6ab.jpg

• Like 2

20 hours ago, piotrek said:

What 'heavy duty' chain did you get?

"RK 525 GXW - GOLD Heavy Duty X'ring (1300cc Rated)"

Just ordered a combined kit from Sprocket Center.  I dunno what the deal was with my last chain, but whatever.  I could probably make a warranty claim, but I think it'd be more a hassle than it's worth to try. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Checked throttle body sync, they were pretty d*** close.  I also check sync up up at 8000 RPM, 4500 and then back down to idle. While it was hot I adjusted the manual cam chain tensioner while it was running, as I had to change some valve shims. Topped off the oil and verified when it was hot that the coolant that it was at the proper level, as I had drained and vacuumed flushed and filled the system.

I don't know if I have the strength to flush and fill the forks this afternoon. we'll see...

20220305_140858.jpg

20220305_140852.jpg

20220305_134134.jpg

20220305_133729.jpg

20220305_132033.jpg

20220305_154318.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1