What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
8 minutes ago, Garybinnyc said:

Today I said goodbye to my FJ09 and welcomed the next chapter

0FAB5BCC-335C-4294-9983-F27CA548D537.jpeg

DD119DD7-0CD5-49AF-A234-95B983E288FA.jpeg

Very nice.  I love the Alpine white with the red trellis frame.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
On 3/10/2022 at 9:44 AM, texscottyd said:

What I didn't expect was just how deep of a bond I was going to form with this bike.

Errr.....this isn't you is it tex?....

image.png.7a228f7a66e19d1e48c43c5bcbb375ff.png

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself. 😉

And while I'm being a little cheeky and taking the pi$$ (in a good humoured way), I actually have to agree and echo all of what you said about your experience with your 2015 machine.

May there be many more birthdays. 🙂

• Haha 2

On 3/9/2022 at 5:22 PM, vlink12c said:

Okay, I’m from Phoenix and semi-retired. They had the GT on the floor for over 8 months, go figure. I watched it eventually drop $3k and started working on my acquisition plan. My wife likes her new car very much 😉. I am not above bribery. 
So it was way too easy find, like shark bait. I paid $11k plus dealer abuse. Zero regrets. Looking forward to learning all I can thru this site. 

Hah I had exactly the same experience, and that's also why my wife has her Jeep.  Got mine for $12k (Canadian) new but with a couple hundred kilometers (it had been the demo bike) - it too had been on the floor all year and winter was rolling in.  

• Thumbsup 2

Installed the FIAMM 72112 Freeway Blaster LOW Note Horn to replace the standard horn on my 2021 GT. At times it seems that I could yell louder than the factory horn.

It was for the most part "Plug and Play" with some bending of the bracket that came with it, cut off the excess, smooth it out and tie it all up with a little bit of blue thread lock. I was able to just plug it direct into the connectors that the factory horn uses. I was able to get it just right where the old horn sat with out clearance issues.

I went from a motorcycle "Meeeepppp" to a big car HHHOOOONNNNKKKKKK

Next project is Careuid Motorcycle TPMS with internal sensors in the next couple of weeks.

20220306_161121.jpg

20220306_161146.jpg

20220306_161201.jpg

Edited by Eventhorizon
  • Thumbsup 2

I'm putting this on my 2015 fj-09 when I get it in the mail, should be on Wednesday or so.

Throttle lock for a 5 hour trip to Cape Hatteras in mid August.

I wish that I had it Thanksgiving morning when I left my house near Martinsville and rode to Raleigh. I left the house in 27°f and my right hand took a beating. I had not flashed my ECU yet and between the vibration and cold, omg. It's crazy how the flash got rid of the vibration. 

http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/fz09.htm

Screenshot_20220312-094526_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Instinct28
Added a link
  • Thumbsup 2

5 hours ago, Instinct28 said:

I'm putting this on my 2015 fj-09 when I get it in the mail, should be on Wednesday or so.

I wish that I had it Thanksgiving morning when I left my house near Martinsville and rode to Raleigh. I left the house in 27°f and my right hand took a beating. I had not flashed my ECU yet and between the vibration and cold, omg. It's crazy how the flash got rid of the vibration. 

Yeah, these are awesome. I buy handfuls of them and give them out to people I'm riding with regularly.  It's so damn good to be able to get your hand off the throttle on a long ride.   There's a lot of more complicated(and expensive!) throttle locks, but these cheap ones work every bit as well and are basically free.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, Instinct28 said:

1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

Yeah, these are awesome. I buy handfuls of them and give them out to people I'm riding with regularly.  It's so damn good to be able to get your hand off the throttle on a long ride.   There's a lot of more complicated(and expensive!) throttle locks, but these cheap ones work every bit as well and are basically free.

I just got one for my VFR last week, they work fine but after having electronic CC on my FJ for the past 5 years, I’m spoiled.  
They work great on flat ground but any change in elevation and the speed varies wildly.  I can’t really complain since it cost less than $35 but I definitely see a MCCruise in the VFR’s future.  

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

7 minutes ago, betoney said:

I just got one for my VFR last week, they work fine but after having electronic CC on my FJ for the past 5 years, I’m spoiled.  
They work great on flat ground but any change in elevation and the speed varies wildly.  I can’t really complain since it cost less than $35 but I definitely see a MCCruise in the VFR’s future.  

For sure.  I miss my Tracer's cruise control every time I'm on my T7, even with a throttle lock.  They're better than nothing, though - not really great for long term cruise control, but they're good to let you just get your hands free for a bit without wildly changing speed.  

It's funny, before I got my Tracer, I always thought actual cruise control was silly.  Now?  It's easily a must have feature for me, particularly for any bike that's going to see lots of miles.  Even without though, I appreciate the Tracer's CC even riding in town - it's way easier to avoid speeding tickets when you can just lock the CC at the speed limit... or more reasonably at a sedate 10-15kph over.

I buy them for around $5 each, made of the finest chinesium.  Cheaper than a beer, and it's amazing the goodwill you can buy with one when someone's on a road trip without any kind of cruise control.

I'd love a MCCruise for the Tenere, but at $1000.... eeeerg.  I'm still amazed they have a kit for a manual throttle bike, but those servos and such are speeeeeeendy.

• Like 1