What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, mingo said:

I always struggled to turn my bike around in the garage.

Same here. I just ordered a set for the Niken. Cheaper than a dropped bike mishap, maybe? 10 year warranty 🖕

Dtnamoto for Niken

18 hours ago, mingo said:

I always struggled to turn my bike around in the garage.. I finally broke down and ordered these:

https://www.dynamotousa.com/?utm_source=mailchimp&utm_campaign=02002ac2e1f0&utm_medium=ad&gclid=Cj0KCQiArt6PBhCoARIsAMF5wagyisYGGDWksoee5oAoi79c4dpbLjlLaNKmE4B8cCEEFV8-XQnZaicaAhMyEALw_wcB#

Very well engineered and a high quality product. Now I can spin the bike around with ease..

IMG_1018.thumb.jpeg.2d35cb799374bbf0244486e6683afb7c.jpeg

Hey, those are so cool.  I've got a dolly for the centerstand myself, which works pretty well (and was only ~$60) but those are awesome.  

5 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

Hey, those are so cool.  I've got a dolly for the centerstand myself, which works pretty well (and was only ~$60) but those are awesome.  

I have one, it's pretty good but not quite as good.. I have another bike without a center stand so this will work on both. 

• Thumbsup 1

41 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

The Dynamoto stand is nice, but at $665USD, why take that instead of an Abba Skylift?  The Skylift is $100 more, for sure, but:

https://abbastandsusa.com/product-detail.asp?item=sky-lift&pid=44

It's SO much better.

I had one. I didn't like using it, or storing it. And lifting the bike isn't as quick as using a paddock stand. 

p.s. And for someone like me who owns multiple bikes, you need a different ABBA stand adapter for each one. With the paddock stands, you just need bobbins on the swingarms.. 

Edited by mingo

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

The Dynamoto stand is nice, but at $665USD, why take that instead of an Abba Skylift?  The Skylift is $100 more, for sure, but:

It's SO much better.

I don't really have the room or time for the ABBA, I agree it works well. I just need something to turn the Niken 180deg after I drive into the garage. I looked at centerstand dollies but most are good for 500lbs and the Niken comes in at 570lbs stock. After farkling I'm more than that 😁

Niken on ABBA Skylift

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, mingo said:

I had one. I didn't like using it, or storing it. And lifting the bike isn't as quick as using a paddock stand. 

p.s. And for someone like me who owns multiple bikes, you need a different ABBA stand adapter for each one. With the paddock stands, you just need bobbins on the swingarms.. 

Yeah, for sure just using it for moving the bike around it isn't terribly efficient.  But if you work on your bike?  Having it lifted *and* off the front and rear wheels?  Ooooh so good for tire changes, suspension work, etc.  It's always such a HUGE pain in the ass to get both wheels off the ground.

The only reason I don't have one is that I do have two bikes and they did not (at the time) have support for the Tenere 700, but hopping over to their website for this I see they do have adapters for it now.  I'm absolutely ordering one next month.  So stoked.

1 hour ago, Heli ATP said:

I don't really have the room or time for the ABBA, I agree it works well. I just need something to turn the Niken 180deg after I drive into the garage. I looked at centerstand dollies but most are good for 500lbs and the Niken comes in at 570lbs stock. After farkling I'm more than that 😁

Niken on ABBA Skylift

Yeah, mine is actually a rear wheel dolly that has a sidestand extension for bikes that don't have center stands.  I just removed the extension and use it as is.  I've no idea what the official weight limit is, but it's 1/4" bent steel plate (and extremely heavy) - it can support my Tracer and my 300lb butt without the slightest bit of bowing. 

---

But yeah, those omni wheel paddock stands are *VERY* cool.  Very, very cool. 

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, draco_1967 said:

I put the Tracer ip on the lift to pull the wheels for new rubber, and to give the bottom half a good scrubbing. It was pretty scuzzy!

20220503_125937.thumb.jpg.2e94f826ac2b86791afc6abee5f98bce.jpg

20220503_164602.thumb.jpg.0adacb8646478704ac5bf33a6e9af065.jpg

20220503_171713.thumb.jpg.3e600e4ddcaaa4b6be24d5286417e881.jpg

Nice shop!

Sprayway Glass Cleaner?  Works great.

What's that lurking behind your Tracer?  Quite the hood...

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kilo3 said:

Giggity, also 118 links does work with 16/47, barely.

PXL_20220504_232202498.MP_1.jpg

When your Tracer swingarm is what, 1.7 inches or more longer than a 15 FJ?

I swear I used a stock 114 link but 520 with 16/47, and still had some leeway with my am adjusters. 

20191009_140354.jpg

11 hours ago, kilo3 said:

Giggity, also 118 links does work with 16/47, barely.

PXL_20220504_232202498.MP_1.jpg

Looks like a Road 6 tire on your bike?
How do you like them?
I just bought a pair to replace my worn out Road 5's and was quite surprised with the wide sipes on the tires.
Also see an MSTA sticker on your swing arm. I've been a member since 1991.

1 hour ago, dpippin said:

Looks like a Road 6 tire on your bike?
How do you like them?
I just bought a pair to replace my worn out Road 5's and was quite surprised with the wide sipes on the tires.
Also see an MSTA sticker on your swing arm. I've been a member since 1991.

Nope, still road 5 at this point, have a set of road 6 sitting at my tire guy's place, usually around july/august i'll need to change. MSTA? Nope that's my tire guy's sticker.

14 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Nice shop!

Sprayway Glass Cleaner?  Works great.

Thanks! I bought some Ammo Frothe waterless wash. We are going to be hit with some heavy water restrictions this year, so waterless will be the way for a while. I really like how it works, and it makes the garage smell pretty 😄

I mounted the new tires yesterday - Bridgestone T32s. The old Dunlop RS2 rear was a beast to get off. I did get 12k miles out of the RS2s, which is a record for me. Usually my tires are toast after 8-9k miles. 

What's that lurking behind your Tracer?  Quite the hood...

The Mustang is a '67 fastback GT with an all aluminum 427 stroked to 482. My dad and I bought it in 2001, when I was in high school, and we started working on it together. Then I went off to college, and it sat for a lot of years. He sent it off to a shop in Carlsbad, CA, called AVS Fabrication. The owner, Al, is a freaking artist! The car looks better than new, and drives wonderfully with the new suspension, brakes, and mods. 

20220405_111134.thumb.jpg.40202330d03a15911cfdebc02640282c.jpg

20220426_124831.thumb.jpg.722499d330d4f21371b4f65268998a16.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 3