What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Pleeeeease, don't use dish soap! That stuff contains a ton of salt (added to soften the dishwater) and will corrode your wheels. Besides a lifetime supply of good tire lube is only about $20.

• Thumbsup 2

2020 Tracer 900GT /1978 Suzuki GS750E /1978 Suzuki GS1000 /1982 Suzuki GS1100E /1999 Honda GL1500SE

• Premium Member

I believe the XtraHand drop center tool was developed first by NoMar and they work (2 required) as well as their Yellow Thing bead cinch tool.  Both have been copied, likely in China at a 10th the cost but out of plastic versus NoMar's all US produced lifetime warranted rubber coated steel stuff.  They both work well but even with my NoMar changer, getting the tires as warm as possible helps a lot, as does a judicious amount of tire lube.

https://www.nomartirechanger.com/ac-yellowthing.html

Knock-off of above

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BZ9KLM3/ref=sspa_dk_detail_6?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B09BZ9KLM3&pd_rd_w=dziNC&pf_rd_p=0c758152-61cd-452f-97a6-17f070f654b8&pd_rd_wg=xxIRS&pf_rd_r=T8VTR10YVKW9ECXHTC0X&pd_rd_r=593c49b6-27b4-43eb-82e6-865188f95e5f&s=automotive&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExN1RZNDA3SktENkMzJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwODUwMjM5SUs1NVRGV0xWWVJFJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0MDY5MTYyNERIR0lLNjROU0lPJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Original 3rd (Xrta) Hand

https://www.nomartirechanger.com/ac-eh-clamp.html

The XtraHand® is designed to aid in tire demounting/removal only! It should not be used as a bead keeper. See our YellowThing® Bead Keeper Tool, which keeps the bead from creeping and makes mounting tires a breeze!

Here's yet another knock-off of it!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QWQBHNS/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?pf_rd_p=57cbdc41-b731-4e3d-aca7-49078b13a07b&pd_rd_wg=bcQcj&pf_rd_r=B10Z9ZZPN8FZAT26Q95T&pd_rd_w=zobXU&pd_rd_r=9ec0e688-24d3-4850-a5a8-723eac34361b&s=automotive&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFRWlgzTFdaOVpKNksmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAzMjAzODUzTTk1QUw2RTVMMjNBJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0OTg2NzAzRUNQUlU0WjJNSlNDJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsX3RoZW1hdGljJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

Need a static wheel balancer

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IV9P77M/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pf_rd_p=57cbdc41-b731-4e3d-aca7-49078b13a07b&pd_rd_wg=bcQcj&pf_rd_r=B10Z9ZZPN8FZAT26Q95T&pd_rd_w=zobXU&pd_rd_r=9ec0e688-24d3-4850-a5a8-723eac34361b&s=automotive&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzUUVMQ1A3VDFDSE1NJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMDE3NDIwMkNMQjNZTTVYTVc3UyZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzU0MTkyRjMwQzZWVlhIMkFWJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfZGV0YWlsX3RoZW1hdGljJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

It's endless...

• Thumbsup 2

Honestly, I haven't balanced my new tires in a few years. I balanced my wheels when I added T-valve stems and TPMS sensors, but that's it. I haven't noticed any issues with vibrations as a result. 

Ultimately, heat, lube, and technique are all important to a successful tire-changing session. (insert crude jokes here 😂)

• Haha 1

Sold the Tracer. Currently still waiting on the 2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT+ I ordered way back in october of last year. Suppose to be a May delivery but no confirmed shipping from Suzuki at the moment.

The Tracer was a fantastic motorcycle not one issue in 18 months of ownership and 12,100 miles. The buyer got a great bike setup nicely at a very fair market price. I even thru in a new set of tires I already had for it but was not quite ready to install them. I let all of the add on's go with it, full Akro system, Sw motech tail rack, evotech radiator guard, puig racing screen and CRG rottweiller mirrors. 

I like Yamaha products as much as Suzuki products. The new Suzuki GT+ just resonated with me since I have had that engine in a GSX-R1000 and a GSX-S1000 naked bike. It is a great motor!

• Thumbsup 4

6 minutes ago, roy826 said:

Sold the Tracer. Currently still waiting on the 2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT+ I ordered way back in october of last year. Suppose to be a May delivery but no confirmed shipping from Suzuki at the moment.

The Tracer was a fantastic motorcycle not one issue in 18 months of ownership and 12,100 miles. The buyer got a great bike setup nicely at a very fair market price. I even thru in a new set of tires I already had for it but was not quite ready to install them. I let all of the add on's go with it, full Akro system, Sw motech tail rack, evotech radiator guard, puig racing screen and CRG rottweiller mirrors. 

I like Yamaha products as much as Suzuki products. The new Suzuki GT+ just resonated with me since I have had that engine in a GSX-R1000 and a GSX-S1000 naked bike. It is a great motor!

Wow Roy, that’s exciting. I’m pretty fired up for that model as well. Keep us posted!

too bad we won’t see the Honda any time soon…

-S

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, roy826 said:

I also asked my local dealer about the GT+ and they had no definite delivery date other than they 'should' arrive sometime this summer.  🤷‍♀️  It looks like a really nice bike.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, betoney said:

I also asked my local dealer about the GT+ and they had no definite delivery date other than they 'should' arrive sometime this summer.  🤷‍♀️  It looks like a really nice bike.

I am actually on the pre order program Suzuki ran from Oct thru Dec 31st. If you did not get a bike on order with your dealer then you most likely won't get one in the remainder of 2022. Suzuki connect website for their dealers does show my ordered bike with a delivery in May assigned to my selling dealer in the color I ordered. The actual shipping information will come up hopefully soon on the same website once the shipper takes the bike and begins to bring it to the dealer.

The whole process has really been a disaster and now bikes are being delivered with no panniers which sets the GT apart from the GT+ model. All bikes are essentially shipped as the GT model with panniers shipped in another shipped package. There are reported delays in Europe where it has been as much as two weeks to get the panniers for the GT+ bikes after the bike had arrived. The Uk began getting their bikes 1st of march. The US market is the last market to receive their bikes. Even Canada gets their bikes before us. I ordered October 23rd on my bike. I ordered the all black model for hte US market. I really wanted the Triton all blue one with the matching blue wheels but the US does not get that blue we get a blue that doesn't do it for me like the Triton Suzuki blue does. So I ordered the all black GT+. The heated grips are another sore subject, the bikes do not come with them you must fork out another $454 for the factory plug and play grip heaters. Suzuki could have done way better on this IMO.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
9 minutes ago, roy826 said:

The heated grips are another sore subject, the bikes do not come with them you must fork out another $454 for the factory plug and play grip heaters. Suzuki could have done way better on this IMO.

I know nothing about Suzuki heated grips but in addition to my FJ09, I also have factory heated grips on my Honda VFR.  If they hadn't come with the bike when I bought it, (I bought the bike used) I wouldn't spend a penny on them, not only do they have very poor heat output but they are very narrow if you have wide hands, almost an inch narrower than my Yamaha grips.  Hopefully Suzuki grips are better, for the price I would expect them to be exceptional. 

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, roy826 said:

. Suzuki could have done way better on this IMO

Sounds like they are doing as well as Yamaha in 2015 - my FJ panniers, grips, and pannier locks all came separately. The locks arrived 2 or 3 weeks after a trip (a month or more after the panniers) so I used zip ties to keep the panniers closed on that 1st trip. 

Enjoy the new bike. I really want to read a write up on it. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, roy826 said:

Just got off the phone with my Suzuki dealer my new bike shipped May 11th and could be here as soon as tomorrow Friday the 13th 😂 

VERY exciting.  Keep us informed. 😎

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, roy826 said:

Just got off the phone with my Suzuki dealer my new bike shipped May 11th and could be here as soon as tomorrow Friday the 13th 😂 

Not that I'm superstitious or anything, but I think I would pick up the bike on the 14th 😉

• Haha 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Premium Member

Of all the mfgrs, including HD, only Suzuki did not sell out all their 21 models, and also did worse in 21 than 20; which was down from the year before.

Their mc sales are only a very small % of their total.  They are even smaller than Kawi of the big 4, and eclipsed by BMW and for sure KTM; which means they are sucking hind teet.

Their top brass blew it by not getting on the high profit 4+ seater UTV band wagon.

https://www.globalsuzuki.com/corporate/csr_environment/data/company_data.html

The result is them pulling out of MotoGP at the end of this season.

https://www.rideapart.com/news/584748/ims-2022-ims-outdoors-canceled/

I've always felt Suzuki fit and finish was at the bottom of the ladder.

Suzuki Global Sales Trend in 2021

A big question regards the Suzuki ability to evolve together with the motorcycles market keeping a rule while the electrification process speeds up with new global competitors gaining terrain. 

This question is generated by the last Suzuki global sales trend in the last decade. In 2012, the company was well above the 2 million annual sales, with a good profitability, but in the last years sales declined probably for difficulties on matching direct competitors product innovation and for an “old fashion” brand strategy, with car and motorcycles business frequently confused.

Global data reports an awful score: in the last nine years, sales trend has been almost negative, with sales declined from 2 million in the 2012 at 1.5 million in the 2019.

Due to covid 19 hit to the crucial South Asian region, in 2020 global Suzuki sales fell down at the lower level in over 20 years, with 1.3 million sales.

• Sad 1

The GT+ has arrived! Arrived late Friday and the lead tech at the shop fell ill. He’s in bad health shape and the only one I trust there to do the PDI on my bike. He was out Saturday and they’re closed on mondays. So I’m hoping it gets put together tomorrow Tuesday. The panniers ship separately due to their size. Hoping they make it by weeks end. I ordered the over priced oem heated grips Saturday for it. It should have come with these. But I see why Suzuki does it this way. Some buyers do not want them on their bikes and this model is sold as a GT and GT+. They are all GTs until you add the panniers and it becomes a GT+. Kinda stupid if you ask me. All I got for now is a picture of the shipping crate. They have peeked inside and it’s all in good shape. 

83C1D332-36E5-4A48-B480-34F37DB22474.jpeg

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 3