FJ-09 Photo Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2016 at 4:49 AM, fz09tx said:

mt09_bear_tooth_pass.jpg

Bear Tooth Pass a couple of years ago. It was the coldest day of the entire trip.

Yo that seat looks heavenly, can u tell me where u got it? Im looking for upgrades for my fj 09 2015 :)

• Supporting Member

That's a top photo looking through the gap in the rocks with the road winding off into the distance!  Excellent.  Where was that if I may ask?

Also, I assume that you're using google maps/drive on your phone.  How do you find it over using a GPS?

• Thumbsup 1

5 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

That's a top photo looking through the gap in the rocks with the road winding off into the distance!  Excellent.  Where was that if I may ask?

Also, I assume that you're using google maps/drive on your phone.  How do you find it over using a GPS?

@dazzler24 The road is on the way to Queen Mary Falls near Boonah.

My navs on my phone are Waze (pic) and TomTom for android. Waze is very good for where police, radar, crashes and hold ups are around town. I had it on because I started my run through Brisbane, and just left it.

TomTom is easier to plan routes ( pick locations off the map) and has some good bike options, like the long way to get somewhere.

Capture.JPG

Edited by jdavis
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneMan said:

Could you take a few close-ups how u mounted your phone in that place? I want to have my Garmin gps in that spot :)  Feel free to PM the pictures :)

Thanks mate :)

Fit this from Greece, 

and I just use a Quadlock. The 'X' Grip didn't work real well on a Samsung, the grip rested against the volume button.

• Thanks 2

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, jdavis said:

Fit this from Greece, 

and I just use a Quadlock. The 'X' Grip didn't work real well on a Samsung, the grip rested against the volume button.

Plus 1 (or should that be minus 1) on the X grip that I'm still using!  One arm is right at the volume position and is VERY fiddly to avoid.  Think I'll look at this Quadlock thingy as an alternative.  Works well for you @jdavis ?

Edited by dazzler24

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, jdavis said:

@dazzler24 The road is on the way to Queen Mary Falls near Boonah.

My navs on my phone are Waze (pic) and TomTom for android. Waze is very good for where police, radar, crashes and hold ups are around town. I had it on because I started my run through Brisbane, and just left it.

TomTom is easier to plan routes ( pick locations off the map) and has some good bike options, like the long way to get somewhere.

Thanks for that info.  I use an older Tom Tom rider GPS and it's time for an update.  The android Tom Tom app looks like it just might be the go?!

• Thumbsup 1

4 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Plus 1 (or should that be minus 1) on the X grip that I'm still using!  One arm is right at the volume position and is VERY fiddly to avoid.  Think I'll look at this Quadlock thingy as an alternative.  Works well for you @jdavis ?

I use a universal fitting for the Quadlock, sticks to the back of the phone case. All works well for me.

• 2 weeks later...