FJ-09 Photo Thread

Up at 2am and off to Warwick, but the fires closed the Hwy, so left through Boonah to Nerang for a drink for me and the bike. Off up the hwy to Mt Coot-tha and then to Esk via Mt Glorious, still need more so I go up through Hampton to Goombungee for Breakfast. That will do and now off home via Murphy's Creek. New seat works a treat. Bike says a bit over 600K's.

https://goo.gl/maps/kQBzgM8BiKjYGVUw5

20191114-DSC02122.jpg

20191114-DSC02124.jpg

20191114-DSC02132.jpg

20191114-DSC02135.jpg

20191114-DSC02147.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, jdavis said:

Up at 2am and off to Warwick, but the fires closed the Hwy, so left through Boonah to Nerang for a drink for me and the bike. Off up the hwy to Mt Coot-tha and then to Esk via Mt Glorious, still need more so I go up through Hampton to Goombungee for Breakfast. That will do and now off home via Murphy's Creek. New seat works a treat. Bike says a bit over 600K's.

20191114-DSC02132.jpg

That's a nice looking set up ya got there. How do you find washing the engine off with those bars on?

Our roads get crappy quickly here

• Thumbsup 1

Just now, tojjer said:

That's a nice looking set up ya got there. How do you find washing the engine off with those bars on?

Our roads get crappy quickly here

I use a wax spry and a rag most of the time and its good. Wash time, I use Truck Wash, spray on and let dry, then rinse. Blow dry with a compressor. All pretty easy.

• Supporting Member
On 11/14/2019 at 2:59 PM, jdavis said:

20191114-DSC02132.jpg

@jdavis - you do have a beautifully presented bike there I must say.  You've probably mentioned this elsewhere but are the panniers painted or FJR1300 panniers or ....other?

Looking good!

Edited by dazzler24

1 hour ago, dazzler24 said:

@jdavis - you do have a beautifully presented bike there I must say.  You've probably mentioned this elsewhere but are the panniers painted or FJR1300 panniers or ....other?

Looking good!

@dazzler24. Std panniers, professionally paint matched and painted. I only had the centres done because I manage to kick them a lot when getting on/off.

• Thumbsup 1

16 hours ago, jdavis said:

@dazzler24. Std panniers, professionally paint matched and painted. I only had the centres done because I manage to kick them a lot when getting on/off.

I did exactly the same with my GT's panniers, for exactly the same reason!   Mine, of course, are Gloss Black to match the bike so they don't stand out as much as jdavis's red, which indeed looks truly excellent!

P1050715.JPG

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member

Poor, wet bike.

OTOH, replacing 1/2" spacers with 1" spacers in the Givi windshield made a huge difference in smoothing out air. I'm now sitting behind the windshield. I'll probably keep it this way until spring. I'll swap spacers and handguards at the same time. 

20191121_091103.jpg

6 minutes ago, 1moreroad said:

That's just a small office kitchen sink. Sorry. 

Distillation coil and outdoor charge cooler 👍🏻....ahh, <cough>  kitchen sink officer, honestly 😇

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 3

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
11 minutes ago, BBB said:

Distillation coil and outdoor charge cooler 👍🏻....ahh, <cough>  kitchen sink officer, honestly 😇

That 100 pound bag of yeast in the locking box on the truck?  Ahh... my wife just REALLY likes baking bread.  😇

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, 1moreroad said:

That's just a small office kitchen sink. Sorry. 

Did the judge buy that?

• Haha 3

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.