FJ-09 Photo Thread

20 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Nice idea and trailer.  How many hours down to Homestead? Where in Nor IN?

19.5 hours, but we got a hotel room south of Atlanta to split the time over two days, 11.5 and 8 hours.  About 20 miles south of South Bend.

I'm sitting on Cudjo Key right now (bike-less).  But it's a whole lot better than NH.

I'll keep looking for an FJ speeding by on my way to the beach.

We used the Amtrak Autotrain out of Lorton VA to Orlando, and there were no bikes loaded on our trip.  A looong night in coach class but worth it.

• Thumbsup 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member
On 9/9/2019 at 6:34 PM, duhg said:

Looking very stealthy on Roan Mtn.

fj09 on roan mtn.png

Love Roan Mountain.  And Blood Mountain.  Heck I'm in northern IN, any old mountain!

• Thumbsup 2

Tonight met the wife and daughter at chik-fil-a. A ballon guy was set up for the kids. Definitely only bike out in low 50s in February in north central indiana on a Tuesday. Came out to this. A ballon engagement ring on my highway bars. Haha. Gave it to my daughter. She already had a ballon butterfly and the wife said she squealed all the way home with both of them.

20200303_185018.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Did you trailer or ride down there?

I put it in my truck. 9300 miles  and definitely  less than 1K ridden here at home. 

• Premium Member

I was out both Saturday and Sunday the weekend before last but though it was easily ridable this last Sunday, I opted to finally begin my winter regimen of two wheel vehicle maintenance and modification.  This was and still is a daunting task due to the breath and width of work I've scheduled on the FJ, VTR & RD but given the I'LL global warming induced weather trend and while I do always look forward to an early spring, I may have waited too long to begin.  I'll concentrate on the FJ first because it has become my daily rider and dedicated tourer, though with a new to it USD fork and sciatica blocking implant, it may restore itself to it's former position as preferred weekend warrior mount and relegate the FJ to it's original intended use as the sport tour king.

Long live sub 500# wet sport and ST bikes.  Heck, when I was young, anything over 425 was a pig!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member
1 hour ago, jdavis said:

Another Morning Run, pic on Hampton - Esk rd. Queensland Australia.

https://goo.gl/maps/piN86Xd57HxPdrNF9

20200316-DSC02322.jpg

@jdavis - Looks like a nice run through the hills there John?  Good road?  Any overnight camping areas to recommend in that neck of the woods?

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

I've got the right colour hair so should fit right in with the Nomads then. 🙂

Thanks.

Huh, please explain Nomads to us Continentals.  Hair color (spelled correctly) and we also literally drive on the "right" side of the road; and I know why you still do but it's been a while since riders carried lances...

• Haha 1

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Huh, please explain Nomads to us Continental.  Hair color (spelled correctly) and we also literally drive on the "right" side of the rode; and I know why you still do but it's been a while since riders carried lances...

Harsh!  Ok, first point is that the term Nomads when used in this context refers to (generally) those that are retired and travel about carefree.  It is the shortened form of Grey (spelled correctly) Nomads.

Point two is that we prefer to consider that we drive on the "correct" side of the road (spelled correctly).

Point three is that you're correct about the lances and it's because we have to stay prepared for jousts like this. 😄

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

Rode changed to road, and thanks.  Never would have guessed about Nomads.  I know (thought) you called trailers, custom vans and big RVs, Caravans; no? So do Grey Nomads travel in caravans?  They do here and in the twisty bits and 2-lanes we call them "Old Rolling Road Blocks".  I guess I shouldn't talk given I've slowed down since my "yute" and am on Medicare...

• Supporting Member
15 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Rode changed to road, and thanks.  Never would have guessed about Nomads.  I know (thought) you called trailers, custom vans and big RVs, Caravans; no? So do Grey Nomads travel in caravans?  They do here and in the twisty bits and 2-lanes we call them "Old Rolling Road Blocks".  I guess I shouldn't talk given I've slowed down since my "yute" and am on Medicare...

Ha! I think 'caravaners' in general are seen the same way around the world as traffic roadblocks.  When you're on holidays or retired, every day is a Sunday for them and there's no rush.  I kind of get it but it can be very frustrating when you've finally found that lovely piece of road to enjoy and then.... bloody caravaners!

Here's the general rundown of how us Colonials categorise our 'holiday' vehicles: -

Caravan

Caravan.thumb.jpg.8dc419d349cf2c0bb03fa08311e64899.jpg

Camper Van

445613606_Campervan.jpg.f2dfe7f936bde2796775365b1f2837cb.jpg

Camper Trailer

1403675984_CamperTrailer.thumb.jpg.b08d0672b9ee54cdfd64f762ca6bb61c.jpg

Motorhome

Motorhome.jpg.bb67856ed23b63d01d9fe148482edfa3.jpg

RV

RV.jpg.0e2ec937ca59c3220cdefd75deb26c78.jpg

5th Wheeler

1944355265_5thwheeler.thumb.jpg.994202f9a83e9ead5c374a56ffcb1072.jpg