FJ-09 Photo Thread

Went for a wee ride down to the seaside, as my sister and her hubby were there with their camper van (rv)

Lovely warm day, about 55f, perfect dry roads. Just a chilled out ride there on the bike, and then a blast home again, so around 2.5 hours riding.

The last photo, if you look in the distance you can see mountains. That is the Isle of Man , home of the craziest motorcycle race on planet earth.

20200926_164337.jpg

20200926_170522.jpg

20200926_170807.jpg

20200926_170544.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, Stew said:

Went for a wee ride down to the seaside, as my sister and her hubby were there with their camper van (rv)

Lovely warm day, about 55f, perfect dry roads. Just a chilled out ride there on the bike, and then a blast home again, so around 2.5 hours riding.

What a perfect way to spend the afternoon.  👍

• Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

The iom TT is on my bucket list, I had reservations in 2015 for a suite and a rented vtr1000f like mine for race week but the bottom fell out of a project that I was financing the trip and I had to cancel luckily it didn't cost me anything.

How many times have you been to the TT?

1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

The iom TT is on my bucket list, I had reservations in 2015 for a suite and a rented vtr1000f like mine for race week but the bottom fell out of a project that I was financing the trip and I had to cancel luckily it didn't cost me anything.

How many times have you been to the TT?

Never been to any road race, it would make me go nuts on my bike and crash.

• Premium Member

In my youth in the early seventies I used to race for San Francisco Yamaha TD ones and TD twos, later in the early 80s I was doing 4 and 6 hour endurance races also on Two Strokes when everybody else by then was running 4 strokes; it was a hell of a lot of fun.  I've done a couple track days and the California Superbike School a couple times since but my body no longer can mold itself to a race bike which is why I got the FJ, even though I turned my VTR into a sport touer, my neck still has problems. I'm great when I'm on the FJ it's just getting on and off.

If I don't get out on my bike at least once a week I start going crazy and drive my car like an idiot otherwise. During the winter here you can't ride other than for a day here and there when the roads are clear and there's no salt so it's excruciating until spring but I'm going to be recovering from my back surgery this winter and hope to be ready after a couple more surgeries by Spring.

• Thumbsup 1

4 minutes ago, jdavis said:

Nice little 500K run today around South East Queensland, Australia. Pic at Gregors Creek.

20200927-DSC02507.jpg

That photograph is so refreshing looking , like you just pulled over to have a quick paddle.
Must be getting towards summer for you now, right?

• Supporting Member
16 hours ago, jdavis said:

Screenshot 2020-09-27 174910.jpg

Another of your short little runs I see John 🙂

Tell me, I've not been down the Eastern side of the lakes.  How is the road down that way?  South of Somerset down to Fernvale for example.

For that matter, in your experience, how does that entire run stack up road and scenery wise?  Any highlights, challenging bits, etc.

Cheers.

• Thumbsup 1

Roads are generally excellent, heavily policed on weekends. 

The runs up and down near Toowoomba are good, but can be a bit of gravel on the corners. 

Gregors Creek is great as is Esk/Hampton Rd. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
On 9/27/2020 at 3:27 AM, jdavis said:

First month of Spring and its already hot, not looking forward to Summer this year.

Time to put on the bikini windscreen eh?!

Just the opposite here, we had some beautiful weather and all the sudden the high is 60F

Maybe we'll have what we call here and Indian summer so that's not politically correct I think these days to say

• Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Time to put on the bikini windscreen eh?!

Just the opposite here, we had some beautiful weather and all the sudden the high is 60F

Maybe we'll have what we call here and Indian summer so that's not politically correct I think these days to say

Same here, crazy weather shift, last week we had torrential rains and the next 72 hours will have many parts of the state in the high 70's-low 80's!  I'm taking advantage of it and going on a 2-day road trip through mountains and canyons!

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

Lunch beside Deer Creek in Leland, MS. Kermit the Frog spent his tadpole days on this creek. 

Jim Henson's dad worked at the USDA in neighboring Stoneville when Jim was a boy in Leland. Jim played on Deer Creek and said this is where he thought up Kermit. Henson's dad later transferred to Greenbelt, and Jim Henson went to the University of Maryland College Park next door (my alma mater).  

1001201246_HDR~2.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Ran across this pic from STAR in Bristol, VA last year.  That's a great region for twisty pavement.  Good times!

bristol 2019.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise