FJ-09 Photo Thread

The number one question I'm asked about my Tracer is "how many apples can you get in that 39L top case". 

Turns out the answer is a heaping bushel along with two pears.

Cortland Apples from Bayfield WI. The Cortland Apple is known for it's crisp, juicy, sweet-tart flavor.

tracer with apples.jpg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member

Good thing she's a petite thing with little you on there LOL!

SA is a very interesting country, filled with raw beauty and massive dichotomies between its native peoples and those that came later but who all love the land and desire a better future for all.  My youngest, a veterinarian, volunteered for a while in one of your protected wild animal parks.

Good to see you're up and at em finally!

• Thumbsup 2

5 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

SA is a very interesting country, filled with raw beauty and massive dichotomies between its native peoples and those that came later but who all love the land and desire a better future for all.  My youngest, a veterinarian, volunteered for a while in one of your protected wild animal parks.

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean by a "petite thing" but I'm sure it's not a compliment to one of us!

• Premium Member

Don't take it hard, and she does look petite.  I'm sure my wife of +40 would envy her.  Do you know the capacity of our bikes is relatively low, and more controlled suspension is called for with 2 up.  Seriously!

I definitely dominate my perch so to speak when aboard mine...and I have a taller Sargent saddle, screen* and bars

*and a Givi barn door with MRW spoiler for the rather cool climes we experience here...

2020-06-2 BA @ Adrian's.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, andz said:

Hmm, I'm not sure what you mean by a "petite thing" but I'm sure it's not a compliment to one of us!

If someone called my wife a "petite thing" I would take it as a compliment. An oddly phrased compliment, but a compliment none the less. 

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ09

Where the FJ / Tracer's are concerned,  "petite"  is good. Maybe even essential on the stock suspension.

• Haha 2
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

9 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Haha - I thought the exact same thing my friend. Great minds......

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

This is a photo thread, right?  :) 

E9C3D110-3519-424F-9CCA-A43BC5ED2D31.thumb.jpeg.dd75f6c0453df7bc99afcb3512b39647.jpeg

Yes, and a fastest 15 Red no less.  I see the EBC 320's and ferruled spacer, Ohlins, presumably fork work, BIG slider and some other bits but are those the OEM brake lines?! Try rubber pegs and Grip Puppies LOL

20200904_120252.jpg

20200904_120316.jpg

20201003_132433.jpg

20201003_132540.jpg

20201003_132546.jpg

20200904_120310.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

... but are those the OEM brake lines?! 

Good eyes!   Yes, but not for long...  these Galfer lines have been sitting on the bench for quite awhile.  I’ll be installing soon! 

8945C52F-09B0-4687-AE94-FD9551A052A4.thumb.jpeg.79abef71ea664df1da209addbe5c3002.jpeg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Good eyes!   Yes, but not for long...  these Galfer lines have been sitting on the bench for quite awhile.  I’ll be installing soon! 

Others have managed without doing it, but I would definitely remove the tank and airbox to make life easy. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

15 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Don't take it hard, and she does look petite.  I'm sure my wife of +40 would envy her.

No harm no foul, it's fine 😊

She's 5'7" but she didn't get the tall genes, her younger sister is 6'1"

Together we are 175kg/386lb (without gear) on stock suspension but it rides just fine.

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, BBB said:

Others have managed without doing it, but I would definitely remove the tank and airbox to make life easy. 

Thanks!  Yeah, I was looking around in there last time I had the tank off, and came to the same conclusion.   I’ve been putting it off for too long, so just need to find a free day and go do it.   

• Thumbsup 2