FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Tripletrouble said:

I don’t think you need a better camera, I get an instant feel for your phone pics. It’s all about soul not perfection in my book, just like nature itself. Stew had a nice one by a Scottish lock and I just wanted to be riding there. That’s what it’s all about for me. 

True, its actually quite impressive what you can achieve with a smartphone camera.  Lots on online articles and tuitorials available. 

Every single photo I have ever posted here has been taken and adjusted (contrast, vibrance, cropping etc) with an iPhone7.

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't been riding much. A mountain bike crash screwed up my hand and then some knee issues from just plain old getting old. But I get her out here and there for short hops. Here she is at Carl Shurz Park where I am a member. It's only 7 miles away but it's better than nothing. 

FJ09CSP.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Lets get out this weekend if you're up to it! 

B

I appreciate the offer my friend. Unfortunately my limit right now is the ride to the park. All my oldness starts yelling at me (knee and hand) if I go any farther. I hope to be back to normal just in time for Winter. :D

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, nevada72 said:

I appreciate the offer my friend. Unfortunately my limit right now is the ride to the park. All my oldness starts yelling at me (knee and hand) if I go any farther. I hope to be back to normal just in time for Winter. :D

The way this crazy year has gone, it sounds like you have a good plan.  Spend the next few months getting healed up and enjoy next year to the fullest. 👍

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

I am having decompression L4/5 & L5/6 as well as fusion of L5/6 prolly in October,  Then maybe C4/5, and then right rotator cuff and bursis, followed my right elbow tendon reattachment.  So by May 2021 hopefully I'll be ready to roll. Yikes😱

And try to get in as much riding beforehand as possible. Ive said before I'm fine once I'm on but it's getting on and off that's the problem on the FJ due to its tall saddle, I mount and dismount with it on the side stand using the peg like a stirrup getting on a steed.  My VTR is okay but the forward lean really  bothers my neck. Medicare and Social Security are wonderful things, I've worked since I was 11 to pay for it.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Sad 1

• Supporting Member
25 minutes ago, stizo said:

94rwvLf.jpg

I like the cleaned up back end.  If you want to streamline it a bit more you can remove the side bag mounts and put in flush mount cap head bolts.

Can you tale a closer photo of your Penske reservoir mount?  Did you cut or remove the black side panel?

• Thumbsup 1

8 minutes ago, betoney said:

I like the cleaned up back end.  If you want to streamline it a bit more you can remove the side bag mounts and put in flush mount cap head bolts.

Can you tale a closer photo of your Penske reservoir mount?  Did you cut or remove the black side panel?

I use a bungee net on occasion to haul stuff and the mounts work great for tie down points. 

The panel is cut.

eJfRkjH.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1