FJ-09 Photo Thread

3 minutes ago, Stew said:

Never been to Wales without the roads being heaving with bikes.
That weather looks proper miserable.

A very wet day... don't mind the odd day riding in the rain, as long as I stay dry.  Feet got wet in short lace up boots.  👎

• Thumbsup 1

Just now, Dodgy Knees said:

A very wet day... don't mind the odd day riding in the rain, as long as I stay dry.  Feet got wet in short lace up boots.  👎

Folk think I am wierd because I like riding in storms, lashing rain, thick fog and the likes. Once you are dressed for it who cares.Ride appropriately for the conditions.

But when you are not dressed for it, its horrible.  Feet or crotch especially miserable once soaked.

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

Rode up to Shiloh Battlefield and took a lap around Pickwick Lake. This is my 2nd ride on the Alabama side of Pickwick, and I found 75 miles of very good linked turns. We rode some wet roads, but we managed to avoid the rain under the the clouds in the pictures. 

Section north of Pickwick Lake:

full.png

85.0 mi, +4665 ft. Bike ride in Hardin County, TN

20200725_092716~2.jpg

20200725_112516~2.jpg

20200725_154100~3.jpg

20200725_141712~2.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, jdavis said:

Quick ride today to have a look at a Moto Guzzi V85TT, very nice.

Very nice morning ride or very nice V85TT? 👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, stizo said:

HypDRNb.jpg

10 years ago this pic would been of 3 gsxrs. Our old man bikes.

fdxnNOo.jpg

Oh man do I hear you but I kept my 22 year old young man's bike too and and my other Yamaha that's 24 years older than that, which is actually pretty comfortable if I can get it running...

I love The Sweet Sound and smell of two-stroke twins. Can you guess what it is?  Another hint, my year is red too (all my bikes are) and has self-canceling turn signals.  Why can't Yamaha manage to have them on the FJ/Tracer/GT?

20200703_124849.jpg

20170621_164305.jpg

20170621_164338.jpg

20200724_213113.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Took a little spin up the mountain here in Santa Barbara.  This is East Camino Ceilo.  The area behind the bike is Montecito, then Santa Barbara Channel, Santa Cruz Island, and finally The Pacific Ocean. (Looking South)2036793709_Pacifricview.thumb.jpg.aaa6cca889cf87d331f848bb350c8419.jpg

Here is another shot looking Northwest into the Los Padres National Forest.1302620403_LosPadresview2.thumb.jpg.a11837c45c21f76b8a81a6252a72f567.jpg

It was yet another beautiful day here in SoCal.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

When I tell my wife I'm going for a short ride, she's learned over the last 40+ years that I may come home when the cows do.

BTW, grown men here don't use your term for short or little though lil boys and girls do but they say it twice...

• Thumbsup 1

Just now, 2and3cylinders said:

When I tell my wife I'm going for a short ride, she's learned over the last 40+ years that I may come home when the cows do.

BTW, grown men here don't use your term for short though lil boys and girls do but they say it twice...

hehehehe, aye, but here we call that a pish, and wee = small.

Reminds me, I once went for a ride with my pals, turned out they were doing a 24 hr navigation competition, all over England. My wife went absolutely crazy when I wandered in 24 hours later, with a wee bronze trophy in my hands. I remember sleeping on the sofa for a good week after that 'wee/short' ride.

• Premium Member

If a term is used, Pish is the preferred term in my immediate family but never piss! 

What does Pish mean in Scottish?

Translation: Urine. However, in Glasgow and other parts of Scotland, it's a common word for something that evokes a negative vibe. For instance, if the score at the football isnae going your way, 'it's a load of pish'.Jan 29, 2017