FJ-09 Photo Thread

2 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

J

What elevation are you above sea level there

We're about 615 maxing out not so much in higher elevation butt deviations from that down and then up plus 250 and that's about it pretty sad

@2and3cylinders, if you are referring to me , then we max out at about 800 mtrs near Brisbane on the ranges. Takes me about 1/2 hr to get to the hills.

On 7/3/2020 at 4:22 PM, texscottyd said:

Will someone please diagram this sentence?   :) 

4A028ECC-C78F-4B77-8398-465102338BEB.thumb.jpeg.861d2fbc7dc9d59c22824181d0621e75.jpeg

That's easy. Hitchhiking is illegal there, and since there's a prison nearby, if anyone is trying to hitchhike, they let out a bunch of inmates to chase away the hitchhikers. Thus, as the escaping hitchhikers escape the inmates that are chasing them, you should be careful not to hit them. 

What's so hard to understand?  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

• Supporting Member
12 minutes ago, maximo said:

That's easy. Hitchhiking is illegal there, and since there's a prison nearby, if anyone is trying to hitchhike, they let out a bunch of inmates to chase away the hitchhikers. Thus, as the escaping hitchhikers escape the inmates that are chasing them, you should be careful not to hit them. 

What's so hard to understand?  😄 

Exactly!   My first thought was 'I'm really surprised that they let inmates have hitchhikers'

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member

Pretty sure there's a comma missing after 'escaping'

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, jdavis said:

@2and3cylinders, if you are referring to me , then we max out at about 800 mtrs near Brisbane on the ranges. Takes me about 1/2 hr to get to the hills.

Yikes 800m is about 2,400 feet maybe you start from where you are nearly that high but I thought Brisbane was only 24 m above sea level so the rangers must be close unless you fly up there!

Nice

• Supporting Member
21 hours ago, jdavis said:

20200715-DSC02400.jpg

@jdavis

G'day John,

Great photos as usual.   Is that a new addition to the top of the screen?  Given that I have the same screen and out of curiosity, did you feel that it was a necessary add-on and/or what difference has it made to your ride?

Cheers.

8 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Yikes 800m is about 2,400 feet maybe you start from where you are nearly that high but I thought Brisbane was only 24 m above sea level so the rangers must be close unless you fly up there!

Nice

Brisbane is sea level, the pic with the buildings on the shoreline is the Gold Coast. The Brisbane region is surrounded by mountains (as we call them), then flatten out as you go inland.

23 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

@jdavis

G'day John,

Great photos as usual.   Is that a new addition to the top of the screen?  Given that I have the same screen and out of curiosity, did you feel that it was a necessary add-on and/or what difference has it made to your ride?

Cheers.

@dazzler24, Seen a lot of info on these deflectors and seen nearly all local Police bikes with them, thought I would give it a try. 

Outcome is excellent, just a little of the light buffeting has gone and I ride with the visor up and can hear my Nav/music better. Don't suffer the after effects of a long day on the bike either.

Ordered a smoke version off eBay and got a clear one. Rang the seller and they couldn't ensure a smoke one, so I got a refund and keep the original order. Win win for me.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

That's one big crustacean how hot is it down by you today I heard they was 117 in Arizona but dry I presume your pretty sweaty by now

But any day is a good day to ride just keep hydrated it's a balmy 83 here with about 60% humidity too

• Premium Member

Pretty warm here. Feels like temperature was over 100. And of course we have the humidity

And sitting at drawbridges ain't a lot of fun. Even with a view 😎

But a blender drink takes the edge off.

20200716_125953.jpg

20200716_125959.jpg

20200716_141833.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member

In 40 years of lobster diving  this is the biggest one I have ever caught.

That is a 5 gallon bucket. Pretty big by Florida crayfish standards. 

IMAG0143.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Confused 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member

Yum I love Lobster that's what we called in San Diego a West Coast Lobster or an African lobster, no claws but still real tasty.  The best of course is New England or Alaskan but I'm not going to turn my nose down on that fella or girl!

Sadly there are no lobsters in Lake Michigan LOL

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1