• Supporting Member
Forgot to say 
SX price starts from £15,099

SX SE price starts from £18,099
2018 models just revealed today 
SX MSRP - $19,000
SX SE MSRP - $22,000

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

No price for Australia yet, it'll be here late January or early February.  I reckon $30,000 AUD. 
https://kawasaki.com.au/shop/motorcycles/supersport/2018-ninja-h2-sx-se/

2018 Ninja 1000 is $16,399 AUD. (Tracer in 2015 was $16,000.)
The H2 was $55,000 AUD.
Insurance would be a killer too!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
The '18 Ninja 1000 is $12k here, which is a relative bargain as it packs a ton of features (everything except CC).  The test ride I took left me very impressed with everything except the sporty ergo's.  Bar risers, a custom seat and adjustable rear sets would be a must for me at 6'-1". 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
Motorcycle.com briefly posted a first ride review of the H2 SX yesterday, but apparently it was embargoed and they had to take it down.

They said the SX is surprisingly comfortable, although definitely on the sport end of sport-touring. Passenger accommodations were not horrible. The only negative thing they noted was some engine heat.

At the end they said, "This might be the best motorcycle Kawasaki has ever made," which is quite a statement.

I have to admit I'm intrigued.

• 4 weeks later...
The '18 Ninja 1000 is $12k here, which is a relative bargain as it packs a ton of features (everything except CC).  The test ride I took left me very impressed with everything except the sporty ergo's.  Bar risers, a custom seat and adjustable rear sets would be a must for me at 6'-1".
I sold my ‘12 Ninja 1000 for my FJ.  If it hadn’t started to eat its transmission I’d still be riding it.  Even at 5’8” I found my knees bent a tad much for long haul touring, but besides that the bike was amazing.  It weighed 50 pounds more than my FJ but never felt like it.   
I don‘t how much differently the engine is tuned for the Versys, but if it’s even close to the feel of the Ninja that’s an excellent compromise between sport and comfort.

We live in an era with a multitude of riches for sport touring choices.

• 1 year later...

Archived