Quick shifter

Have some total of one bike’s worth of QS, my ‘20 Tracer goo GT.

I would def agree that the QS is pretty clunky at low revs/part throttle-but throttle lift/clutch less up-shift is just as smooth as any other metric motorcycle I’ve owned/ridden.

Open the throttle and click, click, click-the QS works perfectly...

Regards;

Mark

FWIW, I installed a QS on my 04 R1 track bike. At first, I thought it was broken. The upshift were not as smooth as I thought they should be.

And then I realized something.......I was still back off the throttle some as I normally did.......good ole muscle memory......once I changed that, upshift using the QS spoiled the shit out of me. The 900gt  coming with one was a big point with me.

• 1 month later...

2nd day with my ‘21 GT. I just came back from my 3rd ride, but first time using the quick shifter. I was very impressed. The sounds it makes with the lightning quick shifts is way cool. I have basically been afraid to use it until I read some posts in this thread that gave me the confidence to get give it a try. I think most of my shifts from this point forward are going to be using the QS. 

• Thumbsup 1

I added the OEM Yamaha quick shifter to my regular Tracer 900. I've never used one before in my life but I thought I would give it a shot. WOW that thing is incredible! Running through the gears with an open throttle and no clutch is just thrilling. It works flawlessly. The acceleration is fantastic but also the 'pop' the exhaust makes when shifting is very satisfying! Pop pop and look down at the speedo and your at 75 mph! LOL

• Thumbsup 2

• 9 months later...

Do any of you 2021+ T9 owners ever have the quickshifter basically "overblip" the throttle when downshifting? Mine does this quite often, basically causing a very small "hitch" in the drivetrain as the bike for a milisecond wants to accelrate before once again slowing down? I am ofc 100% off the throttle when this happens. It just annoys me as its not very smooth feeling 

Edited by Sunde

• 1 year later...
On 4/29/2023 at 10:23 AM, Dave1963 said:

Can you get a downshifter fitted to a 2019 900gt . Love the upshifter ...

You can down shift without the clutch if you let off the throttle and shift right away.

• Thumbsup 1