Aux light Mounting bracket

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, Clem Fandango said:

Trouble with that system is the lights then point to the outside of a turn, rather than the inside where you need it.

And add unsprung weight and are subject to significant roadshock plus they're a little low

You are correct it is sprung weight, not a bad solution and also point where the front wheel is turned which is handy at low speeds.

I grew up in Chattanooga, I think everyone there likes guns :-)  and unlike the UK they have them.  In college I worked with a fella that was driving his pickup to work.  A couple of bikers started messing with him.  At a traffic light they walked up on either side of him, biker on the left said I aught to drag you out and beat the s@#$ out of you.  Meanwhile the biker on the right is waving his arms and pointing to the 357 on the seat beside the fella.  LOL they quickly decided it was time to leave.  They weren't riding Yamahas or Hondas.  

1 hour ago, PhotoAl said:

You are correct it is sprung weight, not a bad solution and also point where the front wheel is turned which is handy at low speeds.

I grew up in Chattanooga, I think everyone there likes guns 🙂  and unlike the UK they have them.  In college I worked with a fella that was driving his pickup to work.  A couple of bikers started messing with him.  At a traffic light they walked up on either side of him, biker on the left said I aught to drag you out and beat the s@#$ out of you.  Meanwhile the biker on the right is waving his arms and pointing to the 357 on the seat beside the fella.  LOL they quickly decided it was time to leave.  They weren't riding Yamahas or Hondas.  

Good friend of mine rode his bicycle across the country from Oregon to North Carolina to see his dear grandma. The only place he was terrified was in the Kentucky/Tennessee zone. He's a white dude. Nice as can be. Good old boys would follow him on his bicycle and threaten him with bodily harm. He had to ride from police station to police station asking if there was a safe place for him to camp for the night. He was routinely led home by the officers who let him sleep in their back yard after telling him that men alone in those parts were likely to be in danger. Gotta love our country. 

Adventurers ride all over the third world feeling safe. Come back to good old US of A and look out! 

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, micah2074 said:

Also, since their attached to the upper fork legs wouldn't that be sprung weight?

I missed your photos, and some like Moonlight mount down on the slider.  I keep forgetting we have USD forks, as it's my first bike with them.  Heck, it's my first with ABS, FI and TC!  LOL!  Really, not just typing that.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
On 8/24/2019 at 6:31 PM, graftyman said:

I bought the AdventureTech one for the FJ09 and it fit.   I messed up and thought it wouldn't fit and began to modify it to fit, but I was wrong.  It fits fine.  At worst case the angle might need to be tweaked in a vice, but that is doubtful.  The GT in the picture on this page is mine.

____674028676.jpg

Check out our light bar, wiring harness, and 1050 Lumen LED lights!  Click...

Super helpful. Am reaching out to Adventuretech to see if they can make an auxiliary light mount made for my 2019 Niken GT. Thank you!

• Like 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."