Moan of the day...

Here’s a summary of my attempts yesterday and today to hook-up with a new Tracer 900 GT. 

1.   Sent on-line website enquiry to the dealer I bought my previous GT from, asking if any GTs in stock.   Reply – nil 

2.   Sent on-line website enquiry to dealer advertising a used GT for sale. Sales guy phoned back when I was out, left 2 x phone numbers (good).   I called his mobile, engaged (fair enough).   Immediately phoned on the business line: told sales guy was out, left a detailed enquiry/ message with the guy who answered my call, told the other sales guy would call me back asap (good).   Result – nil. 

3.   Sent on-line website enquiry to Yamaha Australia HQ asking which SE Queensland dealers have a GT in stock.   Response – nil. 

I guess it’s fair enough, as I only want to spend about $19,000.   Business must be good.

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 4

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

2 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Here’s a summary of my attempts yesterday and today to hook-up with a new Tracer 900 GT. 

1.   Sent on-line website enquiry to the dealer I bought my previous GT from, asking if any GTs in stock.   Reply – nil 

2.   Sent on-line website enquiry to dealer advertising a used GT for sale. Sales guy phoned back when I was out, left 2 x phone numbers (good).   I called his mobile, engaged (fair enough).   Immediately phoned on the business line: told sales guy was out, left a detailed enquiry/ message with the guy who answered my call, told the other sales guy would call me back asap (good).   Result – nil. 

3.   Sent on-line website enquiry to Yamaha Australia HQ asking which SE Queensland dealers have a GT in stock.   Response – nil. 

I guess it’s fair enough, as I only want to spend about $19,000.   Business must be good.

It is the second of January mate. I work in sales, doesn't matter what industry, no one in on their A game today.

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Wait... What's this?  You are planning to continue your 2-wheeled adventures?  This news makes the selling of your last brand new GT even more unfortunate.

Good luck finding your 5th (or 6th?) Tracer. 👍

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, betoney said:

Wait... What's this?  You are planning to continue your 2-wheeled adventures?  This news makes the selling of your last brand new GT even more unfortunate.

Good luck finding your 5th (or 6th?) Tracer. 👍

I had to check the date on my ipad. I genuinely worried that I had driven through a wormhole in spacetime and it was January 2019 all over again.

Wordy, we knew you couldn’t keep away. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 5

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
14 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

I'd be moaning about those bloody fires if I was you wordy.   loop fire GIF

Off topic I know but since it was mentioned......

Here's some stats that was brought to my attention after it was posted on the 'book of faces'.  Haven't fact checked it but if accurate it paints a not very pretty picture AND it is still ongoing!

EDIT: - actually, just now did do a fact check and it's currently upwards of 15million acres, 2,500 buildings destroyed and 21 fatalities!  Shocking stats!

858482468_Firestats.thumb.jpg.b86d51fa2fa1c59a2dbe3b6f3055500e.jpg

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, StealthAu said:

It is the second of January mate. I work in sales, doesn't matter what industry, no one in on their A game today.

I hope your observation doesn't apply to air-traffic controllers, brain surgeons, or the operators of nuclear power-stations. 

Anyway, I've decided that another Tracer GT is not for me, so I'M OUTTA HERE!   Good luck and safe riding to you all.

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

8 hours ago, Coop said:

Why did he sell his Tracer?  Color me confused.

One of his other threads he explained it... he's actually owned several tracers. I think 3.  It was just time for him, age and health wise, to hang it up....

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA