Michiel900GT

Traded my Tracer 900 GT.....happy and sad.

13 minutes ago, Michiel900GT said:

A Triumph thing?

It's practically their slogan in the states.
Not sure how that reflects across the pond.

I heard they were very vibey because of the new firing order,i hope that isn't the case for you,iv'e just had to sell 2 bikes in the last few years because of this but i also heard on the new tiger the vibes are quite high up in the revs so you should be ok.

2 hours ago, yamtracergaz said:

I heard they were very vibey because of the new firing order,i hope that isn't the case for you,iv'e just had to sell 2 bikes in the last few years because of this but i also heard on the new tiger the vibes are quite high up in the revs so you should be ok.

It is more vibey than the 800 - Triumph had to go and give it "character."

yes i liked the 800[had 4 of them] but sold every triumph i ever owned all for the same reason,they are 4 times more expensive to service than my yamaha and when i go to my yamaha dealer you can see all the mechanics behind a massive glass wall [nothing to hide] serviced by people who know what they are doing unlike at least 4 triumph dealers that i have dealt with who i would not trust to blow up my tyres.

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, yamtracergaz said:

yes i liked the 800[had 4 of them] but sold every triumph i ever owned all for the same reason,they are 4 times more expensive to service than my yamaha and when i go to my yamaha dealer you can see all the mechanics behind a massive glass wall [nothing to hide] serviced by people who know what they are doing unlike at least 4 triumph dealers that i have dealt with who i would not trust to blow up my tyres.

I agree. I like my dealers to offer a view of the workshop. My current multi-brand dealer doesn't offer that unfortunately. In fact, he's quite strict in not having anybody in or near  the workshop.

Luckily the Triumph dealer does offer this.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Michiel900GT said:

I agree. I like my dealers to offer a view of the workshop. My current multi-brand dealer doesn't offer that unfortunately. In fact, he's quite strict in not having anybody in or near  the workshop.

Luckily the Triumph dealer does offer this.

Please keep us informed as to how you get on with the new bike.
And Amsterdam is great fun on a motorcycle, I had such a great race around the centre for 15 minutes with a motorcycle courier a couple of years ago.

Euro Strom Trip Feb 2012 013.jpg

On 9/15/2020 at 11:33 AM, Michiel900GT said:

...I came to the conclusion that it just wasn't the bike for me. 

I find it to be too sporty and too little tour...

Fair and honest assessment.    That sport-tour mix is actually the reason that I DO like the FJ/Tracer so much...  It’s a fine line that Yamaha is trying to walk with these bikes.  

A sincere congratulations to you on the new Triumph!   It looks like a fantastic motorcycle. 

• Thumbsup 2